Vandalism is legal, according to Yale students

N

Nekro

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/yal...broke-priceless-stained-glass-calhoun-window/

further evidence that America is plagued with PC rubbish and twisted social justice.
When i was reading book burning came to mind, then i saw someone said it in the comments section already.

Maybe the guy should have just found a job someplace else?

It's quite upsetting the PC monkeys actually took the vandal's side. Yale education must be kinda crappy they didn't put any common sense in those students' little brains. Or the PC brainwashing is too strong.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what's next? burn down museums as they contain lots of 'racist' articles and paintings, and many similarly themed stained glass window panels. take it further, if you go to someone's house you are rightful to break whatever you find racist, sexist and whatnot.....because you can't stand it.....no matter that it is not your property.

Speaking of which, i better go and hide my prized blackamoor pedestals as someone will think it's their right to burn it down, or nude marble female statures as PC monkeys call out sexism.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
ugh... as always people mix different things together. On one hand, I can understand the guy´s feelings -- specially nowadays. On the other, he did broke something that was not his. He literally broke the law.

So people are giving him a pass based on context -- and that´s the whole problem. Context is always judged subjectively -- people justify terrorism based on context. The guy should positively know that the panel was there for racist reasons -- this way I could give him moral justification. But he cannot be that sure. He also could have formally asked for its removal. Or organized a peaceful protest. He chose violence, because he felt strong about his beliefs (to quote that British Historian Britbox sometimes posts videos of).

What some people don´t seem to understand is that if everyone resorts to this, we´re all back to Rosseau´s state of nature. I do not have a fire weapon in my house -- and probably never will -- but more and more I feel that I should (believe me, headlines were I live are far worst than that).

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

I do not have a fire weapon in my house -- and probably never will -- but more and more I feel that I should (believe me, headlines were I live are far worst than that).
If you feel that you should have it then listen to your instinct and get it.

Haha this reminded me of some of the convos i had with an old dude called Jesse James on t4u. The guy was an atheist. He was a cool dude even though he was giving bad advice to people in his posts. He said in his siggy he was like "a lighthouse, empty and blablabla but I show the way to the people etc etc" . BS. if you're empty then there's no light, then how can you show the way.

So we had these convos about god and i told him about a doc who was talking about his faith and he said that in Hungarian "instinct" is "ösztön" and "God" is "Isten". That they are basically the same thing. And that instinct can be suppressed but it shouldn't be.

BTW when i'm trying to get atheists into the God thingy i usually tell them to read lots of Jung. When you have read him for a while you realize that what you're reading is pure magic, real magic. That's why Freud had this paranoia of Jung, he thought Jung was trying to kill him, he felt Jung had real magic and was scared of him.

So imo if you feel you need that gun go for it!!! Maybe you will really need it to defend yourself or it will just start you on new paths....

Ofc these are just my thoughts you will do what you judge best.....

Reactions: Ricardo

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Well, about weapons, I did not chose the words correctly. I wrote "I feel", but it is a logical conclusion -- people are behaving like animals, so I should get a weapon. What I actually feel is that I should stick to my principles, which is to try to lead a civilized life. I do not condemn the ones who choose to have a weapon, but I rather live on a unarmed society, so I´ll stick by that as long as can. Yes, I hope I am not proven wrong -- and depending on what happens I could change my mind -- that is, if I see that the chances are piling up against me. But I appreciate your concern. (For now my two nunchakus seem to be enough).

About faith, again I appreciate your effort -- specially your usual honesty about all subjects, but this is the kind of discussion which I think is too personal, too subjective to have on the internet. That´s the kind of thing I only feel comfortable discussing with people I personally know for years.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Just read the article. I have to agree this is appalling. The guy broke the law, plain and simple. @mrzz is right, letting this guy off the hook is an implicit acceptance that terrorists at least based on their own rationale are justified in committing acts of terrorism. The guy would have been justified to protest the window, and seek to get the University to get rid of it. But to just break it? You can't euthanise history. Slavery happened. People should always remember that. Having something like that which shows what happened in history is a good thing for African Americans in a perverse way. Personally I think they could have taken the thing down and put it in the new African American museum in Washington, but only with the free consent of the University and all interested parties. This is just moral cowardice, the ends can never justify the means in a lawful society