USA Elections 2016

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Fiero425 said:
Everyone's in shock as the DOW Futures dropped 700 points! These people have no clue what they've done to their own country!

And then when they thought about it... a corporate tax reduced to 15%, the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act (which will be YUGE for businesses), bringing American investment back to this country instead of overseas....

THE STOCK MARKET REACHED A RECORD HIGH the day after President Trump was elected.

All these neo Nazi signs, middle school girls grabbing their vaginas in a gesture towards Trump and anti minorities signs on the walls and schools but you choose to write about the stock market, Wow nehmeth, just tell us how you really feel.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
nehmeth said:
Fiero425 said:
Everyone's in shock as the DOW Futures dropped 700 points! These people have no clue what they've done to their own country!

And then when they thought about it... a corporate tax reduced to 15%, the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act (which will be YUGE for businesses), bringing American investment back to this country instead of overseas....

THE STOCK MARKET REACHED A RECORD HIGH the day after President Trump was elected.

All these neo Nazi signs, middle school girls grabbing their vaginas in a gesture towards Trump and anti minorities signs on the walls and schools but you choose to write about the stock market, Wow nehmeth, just tell us how you really feel.

You must hold your nose when you type, buddy. Better them girls grabbing themselves than old Bubba Clinton having a go, eh? He was fairly unwholesome, indeed. Of course, as we're reminded, Bill wasn't running for president. And as you like to overlook, he did all this in the Oval Office. Sacrilege, indeed! :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
nehmeth said:

You must hold your nose when you type, buddy. Better them girls grabbing themselves than old Bubba Clinton having a go, eh? He was fairly unwholesome, indeed. Of course, as we're reminded, Bill wasn't running for president. And as you like to overlook, he did all this in the Oval Office. Sacrilege, indeed! :cover

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/bonds-plunge-by-dollar1-trillion-this-week-on-trump-election/ar-AAk9X1V?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U142DHP

Its useless trying to engage in competitive banter with the political RIGHT WING (anywhere including this board) Nuff Said

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/bonds-plunge-by-dollar1-trillion-this-week-on-trump-election/ar-AAk9X1V?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U142DHP

Its useless trying to engage in competitive banter with the political RIGHT WING (anywhere including this board) Nuff Said

AP, a word of advice: please watch the video I posted. You'd learn about yourself, and your stubborn unwillingness to listen to anyone. It's a rant by a lefty who'd have voted for Hillary! But he perfectly points out the problem with the political LEFT WING like yourself - and therefore shows why Hillary lost.

I'll post it again:

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPieReporter/videos/1044777035645189/

It resonates perfectly with experiences I've had with intolerant lefties, during Brexit, the gay marriage vote in Ireland, and now this. Do yourself a favour and take heed of one of your own.

NSFW language!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Another article sent to me by an uncle from the Washington Post by Garrison Keillor:

- https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-voters-will-not-like-what-happens-next/2016/11/09/e346ffc2-a67f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?tid=sm_fb -

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Haven't watched the news much in a week; just nauseating, but flipped by CNN to see crawl "Trump requests security clearance for his children!" The man is "bent" in so many ways! :rolleyes: :nono :cover :puzzled

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The violent protests are just immature anguish. Impotent after the fact moaning. More silly but indicative of a dangerous new trend is the idea that somehow the electoral college can be jury-rigged to discard the result and throw a shocked Clinton back into the White House. This happened with Brexit tooo, that the democratic process was neither respected nor accepted by some liberal sorts who have made it their business to overthrow a rare example of pure democracy in the bureaucratic tyranny that is the European Union.

It makes me think that democracy is under greater threat from liberals, who simply fail to understood that there are people out there who have disagreed with them in enough numbers to win the game, according to the rules we all accept going in. Change the rules after, then, so we win, bleat these ignorant infants. It's a disturbing trend, and one I hope doesn't gather any momentum, because if it was ever to succeed, the effects would be terrifying...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I heard Brexit is in trouble. The high court has ruled that the referendum was only of advisorial nature and not binding. The MP's have to vote on Brexit in the Parliament and that would determine whether Brexit is for real or not.

Obviously, this is being appealed or will be appealed and the final decision will come from supreme court.

Now, what happens if the supreme court decides MP's have to vote and the MPs vote to make Brexit null and void. :puzzled

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
I heard Brexit is in trouble. The high court has ruled that the referendum was only of advisorial nature and not binding. The MP's have to vote on Brexit in the Parliament and that would determine whether Brexit is for real or not.

Obviously, this is being appealed or will be appealed and the final decision will come from supreme court.

Now, what happens if the supreme court decides MP's have to vote and the MPs vote to make Brexit null and void. :puzzled

I had heard the initiative wasn't binding; only giving the people a voice and they blew it! :puzzled :nono :cover

- - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

The MPs won't vote against Brexit. Even Corbin got an initial horn then a droop at the prospect. When the idea of a referendum was first put to parliament, the terms were that the people would decide britains future in the EU. Parliament then voted 6 to 1 in favour of the referendum taking places, under those conditions. There's no way they'd try to back out now. But Brexit has become a litmus test for modern democracy, which is all but dead in the European Union. In some far-fetched scenario which sees Brexit overthrown, then democracy will also have died in Britain. ..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:

The MPs won't vote against Brexit. Even Corbin got an initial horn then a droop at the prospect. When the idea of a referendum was first put to parliament, the terms were that the people would decide britains future in the EU. Parliament then voted 6 to 1 in favour of the referendum taking places, under those conditions. There's no way they'd try to back out now. But Brexit has become a litmus test for modern democracy, which is all but dead in the European Union. In some far-fetched scenario which sees Brexit overthrown, then democracy will also have died in Britain. ..

They voted 6 to 1 in favor of referendum thinking that the people would decide to stay with the EU. I don't think the conditions were binding on them. However, a politician would not generally want to vote against the wishes of his people as (s)he won't be reelected if he does so. But, the brexit vote was so close and so the MP's might get a feeling that they can vote against Brexit with impunity. :devil

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:

They voted 6 to 1 in favor of referendum thinking that the people would decide to stay with the EU. I don't think the conditions were binding on them. However, a politician would not generally want to vote against the wishes of his people as (s)he won't be reelected if he does so. But, the brexit vote was so close and so the MP's might get a feeling that they can vote against Brexit with impunity. :devil

Stranger things have happened.

Funnily enough, Britain didn't have to vote Brexit. Cameron went to negotiate with the EU months before the referendum and he told them, the Big Dawg in the race is that Britain has no control over its own borders. Remarkable, isn't it, that these unelected technocrats told him that this would remain unchanged, and that the European project could make no concessions to Britain, a sovereign nation, in this matter.

Once Cameron failed, the result was always in doubt. British people decided that Britain - and not overpaid and unelected mandarins from Luxembourg and Brussels - should control its own borders, budgets and lawmaking. Seems insane, really, that it required a referendum...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Canadian match making website "Maple Match" is offering promotions for US folks looking to get hooked up with Canadians to make it easy to emigrate to Canada. :)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Canadian match making website "Maple Match" is offering promotions for US folks looking to get hooked up with Canadians to make it easy to emigrate to Canada. :)

Don't think it hasn't occurred to many! I haven't watched the news due to relentless coverage of this travesty! My eyes absolutely roll to the back of my head thinking of the loons being proposed to fill cabinet positions! We've set ourselves back 50 years! World wide balance is so tenuous; hard to believe people aren't taking this about as serious as a heart attack! Good luck ya'll! "You got what ya always wanted; ANARCHY! Enjoy it!" :puzzled :nono :cover :rolleyes:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Racist bass turds - what's wrong with Mexico? :popcorn

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well The House Of Representatives passed a FAUX Health Bill just before they scurried out of DC like rats off a sinking ship! It's one thing for these cowards and liars to systematically try to destroy what AHC we have; putting Band-aids over the holes will not help all those millions that will be kicked off their current coverage and the closing of exchanges in states that aren't supporting Obamacare to the fullest! When people start dropping in the streets, I'll ask if they voted Republican and "LMAO" when found they supported these fools in Congress! Idiots! :angel: - - My Blog - -

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
And yet, as he neared 100 days in office, a Washington Post/ABC poll found that if the election was held on 23 April, Trump would not only win again, but he'd also win the relatively meaningless popular vote. Hillary meanwhile blames everyone but herself, though a new book, "Shattered", seems likely to put the record straight there...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
And yet, as he neared 100 days in office, a Washington Post/ABC poll found that if the election was held on 23 April, Trump would not only win again, but he'd also win the relatively meaningless popular vote. Hillary meanwhile blames everyone but herself, though a new book, "Shattered", seems likely to put the record straight there...

If I were Hillary, I'd feel fortunate! She's actually dodged a bullet! She would have made this Rep. Congress relevant as her foil! If you thought these clown were obstructionist during the Obama admins, it would become a true circus with them dredging up 90's BS to battle her! I'm not saying I prefer Trump being in office, but because of his mouth and obvious lack of a moral compass, he's making all "conservatives" look like morons in so many different ways! The immersion of his business interests will blow up sooner than later! He's little more than a prop now with no real power because he can't do half the stuff he promised and everyone knows it! If you actually try to do something he guaranteed like repealing and replacing Obamacare, he's going to cut the throats of all Republicans in blue or red states because healthcare! If you take it away as this House Bill does, people will literally start dropping in the streets! The Senate isn't going to touch this! They can set up their "gang of 12" to write up their own BILL, but the House will reject it and everyone knows that! It becomes this vicious cycle that occurred while Obama was President; passing a repeal over 60 times knowing he would veto it! Nothing's changed except Trump won't get a chance to sign anything having to do with healthcare which should be a right! If they were to pass this thing which was est. to throw 24 M people off their insurance over 10 yrs, the Rep. Party will go the way of the WHIGs; so go right ahead & do it! :clap