The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
nehmeth said:
TRUMP 2016!! :laydownlaughing

Check for me on the obit tomorrow; I wouldn't be able to take it! I'm ashamed and disgusted there are that many stupid people in this country to allow this to even be close with this racist, misogynist pig! :puzzled :nono :cover :cry

Apparently, there was a lot of anger with the establishment..this will be worst than Brixit...:nono

Everyone's in shock as the DOW Futures dropped 700 points! These people have no clue what they've done to their own country! She could still come back, but she's wounded regardless! This just can't be happening; clueless people! That's all I can think of; where are their brains? :puzzled:nono :angel: :cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh Boy, almost all the pundits including 538 got this one wrong. :puzzled

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
nehmeth said:
TRUMP 2016!! :laydownlaughing

Check for me on the obit tomorrow; I wouldn't be able to take it! I'm ashamed and disgusted there are that many stupid people in this country to allow this to even be close with this racist, misogynist pig! :puzzled :nono :cover :cry

Apparently, there was a lot of anger with the establishment..this will be worst than Brixit...:nono

Actually, Brexit was a good thing, but you're right about anger at the establishment. Politics as we once knew it is over. People are rising up and cussing the status quo...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:

Actually, Brexit was a good thing, but you're right about anger at the establishment. Politics as we once knew it is over. People are rising up and cussing the status quo...
I am ashamed of America but not surprised!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They're obviously two different things, but one thing Trump's victory has in common with Brexit is that the old establishment models are now seen to be unreliable. Whether this is permanent or not, I dunno, but in both cases, the so-called political elite, mainstream media and pollsters on both wings showed themselves to be out of touch with the new form of hybrid-politics, which is where the mass of voters are forming their own opinions based upon newer forms of media, and a huge distrust of the status quo.

The Democrats put up a politicians politician, and in hindsight, Bernie seemed more in tune with people, plus he was polling better against Trump. Inevitably, as in Brexit, the electorate will be dismissed as cranks, racists, and so on, but this is to again miss the point. Better to listen, than to preach. As the Nobel laureate once sang, "something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you, mister Jones?"

But meanwhile, this bloke was on the money. His model was secure, and it might be worth remembering by candidates in the future...

Kieran said:
This is interesting. I wonder what GSM makes of this, being a great stats man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-will-he-win-us-presidential-election-2016-hillary-clinton-a7380621.html

The political scientist developed a model which, when applied retroactively, accurately predicted every presidential election since 1912 – with the exception of the 2000 election, when it said Democratic candidate Al Gore would win...

Professor Norpoth told the New York Post: “I think he was the strongest candidate in the primaries and that he will prevail.

“The model predicted a Trump win in February and nothing has changed since then. Whatever happens in the real world doesn’t affect the model”.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just have one thing to say about this election: It's quite obvious to me most people weren't ready for a liberal female president.

Anyone else would have smashed Trump (Bernie, Biden or even a forbidden 3rd-term Obama)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I just have one thing to say about this election: It's quite obvious to me most people weren't ready for a liberal female president.

Anyone else would have smashed Trump (Bernie, Biden or even a forbidden 3rd-term Obama)

Especially Bernie

the God's Honest Truth..

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I am still waiting for Trump to say " OK folks, this whole thing was about a reality show I have been working on named Anyone Can Become President . You can buy the DVDs next month, the Debate editions will be double the price, and Mike Pence is your president now, I am out !"

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
I am still waiting for Trump to say " OK folks, this whole thing was about a reality show I have been working on named Anyone Can Become President . You can buy the DVDs next month, the Debate editions will be double the price, and Mike Pence is your president now, I am out !"

Unfortunately, that's about the half of it! Pence will be running things since he's the only one who has a clue how these thing work in gov't! All Trump has done is give money to politics; not keep up with the meaning behind policy! What a good; along with the country! "Hail President Pence!" :nono :cover :rolleyes:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

I don't think it had to do with her being a woman. She was just sketchy as hell. Most politicians are a little dirty and corrupt but she takes it to a whole new level. That said I'd have voted for anyone over Trump, it is a true disaster but I'm not sure Bernie or anyone else would've beaten him. Trump sparked major passion in the open and closet racists in this country. It was really white trash America that made up the difference in the end.

We just have to hope he will be an empty suit so he doesn't inflict too much irreparable damage over the next 4-8 years.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

I don't think it had to do with her being a woman. She was just sketchy as hell. Most politicians are a little dirty and corrupt but she takes it to a whole new level. That said I'd have voted for anyone over Trump, it is a true disaster but I'm not sure Bernie or anyone else would've beaten him. Trump sparked major passion in the open and closet racists in this country. It was really white trash America that made up the difference in the end.

We just have to hope he will be an empty suit so he doesn't inflict too much irreparable damage over the next 4-8 years.
I agree. But if Biden had decided to run, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is well liked even amongst the die-hard conservatives.

And while you say anybody over Trump (even a sketchy Hilary), the majority apparently didn't see it that way, which is why I said they weren't ready for her. Alot of people wanted to go toward conservative and while the Donald is not a true conservative, he was the closest thing since he was running under the Republican party.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

I agree. But if Biden had decided to run, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is well liked even amongst the die-hard conservatives.

And while you say anybody over Trump (even a sketchy Hilary), the majority apparently didn't see it that way, which is why I said they weren't ready for her. Alot of people wanted to go toward conservative and while the Donald is not a true conservative, he was the closest thing since he was running under the Republican party.
Both statements are very true by both however Darth, KS is correct..Biden would have been able to defeat Trump. The Democrat party wasn't listening to the Bernie or Trump people. Trump played the American public the right way, he divided the country with his racist bigot comments, appealed to their anti opposition towards minorities and tap into the weakness of minorities that their social economic values wasn't or hasn't been a major concern of the Democratic Party. So in essence, every non vote was really a vote plus for a Trump.Trump should only last on term, the Democratic Party has learned their lesson, if not God help us all.

One thing I will never understand, 2000-2008, this country was in an economic recession..unemployment was at an all time high, now it's at an all time low..America white trash really think a self absorbed racist bigot billionaire like Trump really has their best interests at heart..:nono

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kids have been walking out of school for the past two days all over the Nation with AntiTrump protesting..This is a result of the racist divided campaign he conducted. Too bad it's all for naught, these kids will have to realize "This Isn't Their Country " :nono.

3 straight days of rioting..I have a feeling this may persist for a while..what type of narcissistic demiGod wannabe has taken over this country..no one man isn't worth all this agony

Google the Washington post "This is not my president "

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
An uncle sent me this:

"This was written by Corey Booker an hour or 2 ago & I found it inspirational."

Early Morning Thoughts on Today, Nov. 9th.

"This is not a time to curl up, give up or shut up.
It is time to get up; to stand up, to speak words that heal, help, and recommit to the cause of our country.

We had an election defeat, but we are not defeated.
We hurt, we fear, we may even regret that we did not do more.
But character is not defined, forged or built in good times.
The fire of adversity forges our steel.
And the searing heat of defeat reveals what we are made of.
We tell our truth not in what happens to us but in how we react – how we face a setback; how we rise when knocked down; how we work through fatigue and frustration; how we bring grit to our grief and heart to our hurt.

The will of a patriot is indomitable.
I regret that we have but one life to give to our country.
And thus, as long as we have breath in our bodies and blood in our veins, nothing can stop us from serving, helping, sacrificing and struggling for the cause of America - a cause that is 240 years old, a cause greater than our pain, sorrow, or fears - a cause that has seen agony, loss, setback, and defeats – but one that has never, ever surrendered.

We are shaken, but our will must be firm.
This finite defeat will not end our infinite hope - in us, in America, in all her people no matter what their faith, race, or political party.

Our light is inextinguishable, no matter how much darkness we face.
We must be brilliant now, when it is needed most, not a dim, dull capitulation to the gloom that abounds.

We are prisoners of hope - knowing hope and faith do not exist in the abstract; they are the active conviction that frustration and despair will never have the last word.

So let us stand up today. Let us pledge allegiance to our nation with renewed conviction and courage.

Let us be determined to reach out to our fellow countrywomen and men.

Let us encourage others.
Let us be gracious.
Let us seek to build bridges where they have been burned.
Let us seek to restore trust where it has been eroded. Let us stand our ground but still work to find common ground.
Let us be humble and do the difficult work of finding ways to collaborate and cooperate with those whose political affiliations may differ from ours.

But let us never, ever, surrender, forfeit, or retreat from our core values, our fundamental commitments to justice over prejudice; economic inclusion over poverty and unmerited privilege; and, always, love over hate.

Let us speak truth to power; fiercely defend those who are bullied, belittled, demeaned or degraded; and tenaciously fight for all people and the ideals we cherish.

It is a new day.
We love our country; we will serve it, defend it, and never stop struggling to make its great promise real for all.

And no one gets a vote on that."
---

I guess I'm not that big! It's going to be difficult to be that magnanimous after all the hateful $#!t coming out of Trump's mouth over the years!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

A lot of people will always vote for their party's candidate no matter what. I know plenty of people who voted for Trump even though they can't stand him and you'd have had that situation regardless of who ran against him. And it's the same vice versa, there has probably never been an election where both candidates are hated by a decent % of the population.

But where Trump won this election is with the low-educated whites. A demographic that is normally split was far from it this time and they also showed up in record numbers. And that's the passion he ignited...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:

A lot of people will always vote for their party's candidate no matter what. I know plenty of people who voted for Trump even though they can't stand him and you'd have had that situation regardless of who ran against him. And it's the same vice versa, there has probably never been an election where both candidates are hated by a decent % of the population.

But where Trump won this election is with the low-educated whites. A demographic that is normally split was far from it this time and they also showed up in record numbers. And that's the passion he ignited...

You call it passion; I call it cultural insanity! It's like these people don't realize how deficient this man is intellectually or emotionally! He's bent in many ways made obvious during the campaign & he still had support! It's so sick! :nono :cover

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't agree with everything he says, but this lefty bloke captures a huge problem with the left right now. Oh, and Hillary too. NSFW language:

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPieReporter/videos/1044777035645189/

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I don't agree with everything he says, but this lefty bloke captures a huge problem with the left right now. Oh, and Hillary too. NSFW language:

It's amazing..you have confidence in a guy with all due respect has less knowledge of foreign affairs and military politics than you do, and you are comfortable having this lunatic in the most powerful position in the free world. That makes no Damn sense at all, I could live another 100 years and this is still by far the most incapable leader since Joffrey Baratheon of the Game of Thrones !

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

It's amazing..you have confidence in a guy with all due respect has less knowledge of foreign affairs and military politics than you do, and you are comfortable having this lunatic in the most powerful position in the free world. That makes no Damn sense at all, I could live another 100 years and this is still by far the most incapable leader since Joffrey Baratheon of the Game of Thrones !

Are you talking about the guy in the video?

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Everyone's in shock as the DOW Futures dropped 700 points! These people have no clue what they've done to their own country!

And then when they thought about it... a corporate tax reduced to 15%, the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act (which will be YUGE for businesses), bringing American investment back to this country instead of overseas....

THE STOCK MARKET REACHED A RECORD HIGH the day after President Trump was elected.