USA Elections 2016

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought we should have a separate thread to discuss this.

In the most recent CNN-ORC Poll (Conducted after both conventions are over, but before the Khan fiasco) Clinton leads Trump by 9% in head to head contest and leads by 8% in a 4 way contest that includes Libertarian and Green Party candidates.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Any chance the Liberterian or Green candidates might influence the outcome?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Just read this, I wonder if any Americans agree:

http://slate.me/2ave67d

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Any chance the Liberterian or Green candidates might influence the outcome?

I doubt that they will affect the election. Everybody knows they don't stand a chance of winning. People who are afraid of Trump winning will go and vote for Hillary. People who are afraid of Hillary winning will go and vote for Trump. People who are afraid of both of them (and who are not libertarian or green party folks) will just hide under the blankets on election day and sleep through it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This issue that Trump spawned up with his recent bully tactics with the Muslim gold star parents may eventually be Trump's Waterloo . The GOP top hiarchy are fleeing away from trump like he had the Bubonic plague.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congressman Richard Hanna and Maria Comella, a former top aide of Chris Christie has come out and publicly said they will vote for Clinton, despite they being republicans.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If you don't follow the news regularly and want to see as to which party and/or candidate is aligned with your own personal views on various policies, you may visit this nice site and answer a set of questions giving your views on various policy issues. Then the site spits out as to how much percentage various candidates agree with your views.

It appears to be a genuine non-partisan site without a particular agenda to promote any one candidate or party.

It also gives a compartmentalized agreement on different groups of issues such as immigration, terrorism, economical etc. Also, it does not play zero sum game. i.e., it is completely possible that your views agree with that of more than one candidate in a particular group of issues and if so, it will say so also. IMO, a handy tool. Check for yourself though.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
If you don't follow the news regularly and want to see as to which party and/or candidate is aligned with your own personal views on various policies, you may visit this nice site and answer a set of questions giving your views on various policy issues. Then the site spits out as to how much percentage various candidates agree with your views.

It appears to be a genuine non-partisan site without a particular agenda to promote any one candidate or party.

It also gives a compartmentalized agreement on different groups of issues such as immigration, terrorism, economical etc. Also, it does not play zero sum game. i.e., it is completely possible that your views agree with that of more than one candidate in a particular group of issues and if so, it will say so also. IMO, a handy tool. Check for yourself though.
I haven't visited the above mentioned site but I seriously doubt that Trumps current views or whatever his agenda is illustrated in that site.. Maybe someone like Saunders, Clinton or even Cruz but not Trump self fulling goals

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I haven't visited the above mentioned site but I seriously doubt that Trumps current views or whatever his agenda is illustrated in that site.. Maybe someone like Saunders, Clinton or even Cruz but not Trump self fulling goals

Well, in this election we probably don't need this site. But, this site may be helpful in general and also in elections for other races such as senator and house reps.

Actually, Trump himself does not know what is his position on various things and so the website cannot possibly capture his views. :laydownlaughing

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Well, in this election we probably don't need this site. But, this site may be helpful in general and also in elections for other races such as senator and house reps.

Actually, Trump himself does not know what is his position on various things and so the website cannot possibly capture his views. :laydownlaughing

My last post on this subject, I will just wait until November 9 when this crap will be over.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It seems things are coming to a head with the "Birtherism" story! Trump's surrogates are all saying they all agree Obama was born in the United States, but the candidate himself won't let it go! He now says "I don't talk about that anymore!" News headlines will come out tomorrow with him still holding onto this and his campaign is "losing it!" Andy was on CNN and tried to wiggle around Hawaii becoming a state back in '59, then '61! I'm old enough to remember maps that still showed it as "The Sandwich Islands!" Maybe that's what's confusing this knucklehead! This will continue to come up and certainly will be raised at the debate! Add on the issue with his taxes, his illegal contribution to AG of FLA, I have a feeling Trump will dodge the debates! He's already hinting that way with his whining about Anderson Cooper being a moderator! This is going to blow up in his face! Maybe the nightmare of this idiot actually winning will finally be over! We can only hope! :nono :angel: :rolleyes:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder if the recent terrorist attacks in NY, NJ and St Cloud can help Trump of Clinton ??

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
isabelle said:
I wonder if the recent terrorist attacks in NY, NJ and St Cloud can help Trump of Clinton ??

If you prefer measured, consummate responses, Hillary pulls ahead! If you want a ranting lunatic talking about "I told you so," nitwits will love Trump! It's sad that the country has even allow this clown a sniff of the Presidency! :cover :nono

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
NJ Gov. Chris Christie knew about Bridgegate scheme as it unfolded, Feds say:

- http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/prosecution-rips-ex-christie-allies-start-bridgegate-trial-article-1.2798177 -

The Bridgegate trial extracted a heavy toll on Chris Christie Monday, when a federal prosecutor said the New Jersey governor knew about the petty scheme that caused gridlock in Fort Lee while it was underway.

The charge that Christie was told of the alleged political retaliation on the third of four days of traffic problems at the George Washington Bridge contradicted the governor’s previous statements that he was “blindsided” by the scandal.

Prosecutors levied the stunning allegation during opening remarks in the trial of former Christie associates, Bridget Kelly and Bill Baroni, who are charged with intentionally causing traffic tie-ups on the GWB in September 2013.

Kelly and Baroni — along with former Port Authority honcho David Wildstein — orchestrated the closures as retribution for the refusal of Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, a Democrat, to endorse Christie for reelection, prosecutors say.

Bridgegate trial begins Monday for two Chris Christie cronies
Wildstein has pleaded guilty and will take the stand as the government’s star witness.

On Sept. 11, 2013 — the third of four days that traffic was bumper to bumper in Fort Lee — Baroni and Wildstein told Christie of the plot during a 9/11 memorial event in lower Manhattan and boasted that Sokolich’s desperate calls to the Port Authority were being met with “radio silence,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Vikas Khanna said.

“They bragged about the fact there were traffic problems in Fort Lee (to Christie) and that Mayor Sokolich wasn’t getting his calls returned,” Khanna said.

Attorneys for Kelly and Baroni, meanwhile, sought to portray their clients as decent public servants who had the misfortune of entering Wildstein’s orbit. ...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
When are the debates?

The 1st one is Monday! Both sides are already handicapping them! Hillary will be allowed to continue being a policy wonk while Trump will supposedly be more personable and feel picked on by the moderator and MSM! It's a no win situation for Hillary if you ask me! Trump will be given every leeway & excuse; "I'm not a politician!" Then why is this loser running? I say it's to make $money$ after he loses badly; a book, speeches, & other speaking engagements! :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Read from another site:

All the presidents in my lifetime have increased the debt.
Except for FDR's WWII spending, by far, the percentage of increase in debt has been created during Republican administrations.
The debt began to explode under Nixon...
Since Nixon, Clinton's percentage of increase in debt is the lowest, Reagan's percentage of increase in debt is by far-----by far the worst.

U.S. Debt by President: By Dollar and Percent

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Added $236 billion, a 1,048% increase over $23 billion, the debt at the end of Hoover's last budget, FY 1933.

Harry Truman: Added $7 billion, a 3% increase over FDR's debt level of $259 billion at the end of FY 1945.

Dwight Eisenhower: Added $23 billion, a 9% increase in the $266 billion debt level at the end of Truman's last budget, FY 1953.

John F. Kennedy: Added $23 billion, a 8% increase in the $289 billion debt level at the end of Eisenhower's last budget, FY1961.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Added $42 billion, a 13% increase in the $312 billion debt level at the end of JFK's last budget, FY 1964.

Richard Nixon: Added $121 billion, a 34% increase in the $354 billion debt level at the end of LBJ's last budget, FY 1969.

Gerald Ford: Added $224 billion, a 47% increase in the $475 billion debt level at the end of Nixon's last budget, FY 1974.

Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43% increase in the $699 billion debt level at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, 186% increase in the $998 billion debt level at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54% increase in the $2.8 trillion debt level at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32% increase to the $4.4 trillion debt level at the end of Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101% increase to the $5.8 trillion debt level at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

Barack Obama: Added $6.494 trillion, a 56% increase in the $11.657 trillion debt level attributable to President Bush by the end of his last budget, FY 2009.

Remember the good ol' days, those halcyon days of yore before Reagan gave a [y]uge cash gift via tax cuts to people that didn't need the extra dough? Ahhh yes, those days when the deficits were smaller and the middle class was bigger.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
One thing for sure, they'll be debates with a difference. Trump is the less politically institutionalised, so he'll prolly grimace and call her a crook, an enabler, a liar, and then when he's asked about policy, he'll mention martians on the moon building a wall around Jupiter, etc, that's what them there rings are, a huge wall!

And Hillary will squirm and flip-flop and when she's asked about Benghazi/emails/being in the pocket of big corporations, she'll say she has concussion, the dog ate the emails, and then she'll plead the fifth.

Hopefully the moderator gives them both plenty of rope to swing from... :popcorn

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
One thing for sure, they'll be debates with a difference. Trump is the less politically institutionalised, so he'll prolly grimace and call her a crook, an enabler, a liar, and then when he's asked about policy, he'll mention martians on the moon building a wall around Jupiter, etc, that's what them there rings are, a huge wall!

And Hillary will squirm and flip-flop and when she's asked about Benghazi/emails/being in the pocket of big corporations, she'll say she has concussion, the dog ate the emails, and then she'll plead the fifth.

Hopefully the moderator gives them both plenty of rope to swing from... :popcorn

This will be different for the feminine behaviorist the Donald. This time when he looks to his left&right ,there's no Kasick,Rubio or Cruz. This isn't gonna be doubles but singles ,the Donald "can't pass the ball". I am gonna take a pass because I have heard way too much from both of these liers and we know the Donald is an utter ignoramus in terms of having any in-depth knowledge of foreign affairs policy,governance and military strategies Hillary should win in "straight sets".