8. Group H: Juventus, MAN UTD, Valencia, Young Boys

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The Liverpool draw looks quite nasty as well

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I think Spurs have the Group of Death but Liverpool's isn't far behind. City should qualify easily from their group. United will be battling with Valencia for second in their group.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I've read a list of how much each team in group c is worth and Liverpool is 850 million Euro more expensive than Red Star, PSG around 800 millions and Napoli 460 millions more, so many think that Red Star will not be able to score a single goal in the group considering that all the other teams are much more expensive. They also call group c group of death and that is because of 2 billionaires teams and Napoli. This will be first time for me to watch CL in years.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Napoli president De Lauentis will file official complaint about Liverpool being drawn from the third pot. He says it didn't make sense that the last year finalist come from only the third pot. True, what was the reason to put them in the third pot if they were the second best team last year?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Napoli president De Lauentis will file official complaint about Liverpool being drawn from the third pot. He says it didn't make sense that the last year finalist come from only the third pot. True, what was the reason to put them in the third pot if they were the second best team last year?

It'll amount to nothing. It's based on a four year co-efficient algorithm in the Champions League mixed in with extra points based on domestic league finish. It's like that for all the teams. Liverpool didn't qualify for the Champions League in 2016/2017 so it busted their ranking and they only finished fourth in the Premier League last season.

De Lauentis is wasting his time.

Reactions: Mastoor

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Group C will be tight. I think Liverpool will go through but we need to beat PSG in that first home game for sure. I think Redstar have a shot. Napoli and PSG are reasonable teams but neither are European elite despite PSG's bank balance.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Group C will be tight. I think Liverpool will go through but we need to beat PSG in that first home game for sure. I think Redstar have a shot. Napoli and PSG are reasonable teams but neither are European elite despite PSG's bank balance.

I wish. I'd be happy if we finish third, so the club can continue in Europa League after the group.

Red Star has a fighting spirit due to the coach who can obviously motivate the players and bring the maximum of the team. Many solid players in the team, but no one nearly special. They even sold one of two best players to Olympic Marseilles last week.

Here is the coach Clark Kent
fc-cologne-vs-red-star-belgrade-germany-shutterstock-editorial-9097197e.jpg

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
De Laurentiss is a complete buffoon. He's using these statements as leverage to get a stadium built in Napoli. He'd be stupid to give up home advantage and play in Bari. Napoli is an intimidating place to go.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I read that a newspaper in Napoli discussed how safe it is for Napolitan fans to go to Belgrade, which football fans there found funny coming from a city ruled by Camorra.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched Barcelona vs PSV. The Barcelona attack is looking more stellar again, with Dembele showing great improvement and getting used to playing in the Barcelona system. If Dembele continues to improve, they will feel like the departure of Neymar was God sent, because Dembele looks like he can become a better player than Neymar. His curler against PSV from the left side was a thing of beauty. With Dembele and Coutinho, Barcelona can score goals with curling shots from the left hand side, and with Messi, they can do the same from the right hand side. They now have more options for scoring goals.

And Messi seems to come alive whenever he wears the Barca jersey. His free kicks were great again, but they look bad when he takes them for Argentina. This is impossible to explain.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wanted to watch Inter vs Tottenham but it was on pay per view. The new UCL broadcaster in the USA wants to make more money by charging per game.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gala is my favorite Turkish team. Unfortunately, I can not get Bein Sports, which shows the Turkish League. Gala has an excellent chance to get into the knockout phase.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched Liverpool / PSG. Liverpool were the better side for the most part... went 2-0 up and then PSG pulled it back to 2-2 with only a few minutes left before Firminho came off the bench and fired in a winner during stoppage time to bring the house down.

Fabinho also came on for a cameo debut in the last minute or so.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Your goalless draw with Napoli couldn't have been a better result for us.

They complained in Italy because Zvezda played catenaccio. :-)2 And they don't see irony in their complaints.