Trump's Presidency

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let´s see how things develop on Syria, but I won´t be surprised if it is all just theatrics. The hard fact is that the battle front reached Idlib (remember, that´s the city the opposition/rebels/terrorists/isis fled to when escaping from Aleppo). So this guys are being cornered, and it is no surprise that some response from the power openly backing it would be felt.

I am sorry, it is obvious that it is impossible to know what actually happened. The sad true -- and the only actual fact known -- is that all parts are denouncing chemical weapons use by the other, for years. It would a gigantic leap of faith - and of ingenuity -- to be believe that the "rebel" (or whatever label you may use) forces would not be as capable of using it as Assad.

To think that the Syrian government, even if composed solely by murderers -- would not be able to make the political calculation regarding the consequences of an open chemical attack is beyond ridiculous.

The "Russian version" at least makes much more sense -- but, again, it also has no backing. But the US saying that eye witness saw "chemical bombs" being dropped is beyond absurd. How the hell you expect an eye witness to be able to tell the difference between a bomb blowing a chemical plant, and a bomb containing chemicals falling inside of a city (which, according to the US, is invisible)?

The CNN´s "expert" saying that all sarin gas would be blown away is laughable from a physical point of view. Does he actually wants us to believe that it is impossible to a chemical plant to leak chemicals while being attacked?

Again, both parties have not agreed on doing an investigation -- the Russians were a bit more open to that, but not decisively open. So the sad conclusion is that both sides have something -- probably a lot -- to hide. Neither can stuck up for the sides they are backing.

With the Russians being given notice of the attack, I would guess no serious damage was actually done. This way Trump looks tough on the Russians and gives some breathing room to the US allies inside Syria. I won´t be surprised if this is the last US action on Syria, and in one year all those regions will be taken back by the central government without too much headlines.

Agreed - something doesn't sit quite right with the narrative being punched out by the west. Assad has the upper hand militarily, is closing in on a "victory" if that's what you can call it and then decides to drop chemical bombs. It doesn't add up.

With the Russians being given notice of the attack, I would guess no serious damage was actually done. This way Trump looks tough on the Russians and gives some breathing room to the US allies inside Syria. I won´t be surprised if this is the last US action on Syria, and in one year all those regions will be taken back by the central government without too much headlines.

Yep. This resonates as being the plausible explanation.

N

Nekro

This way Trump looks tough on the Russians and gives some breathing room to the US allies inside Syria. I won´t be surprised if this is the last US action on Syria, and in one year all those regions will be taken back by the central government without too much headlines.
Those are the terrorists and the terrorist helpers, well, basically those are the same lol.... Turkey again yelling for the removal of the syrian regime asap blablablabla

About the rest of your post, yeah, those are the things that they're saying on TV.

The really sad thing about this is that it's obvious now nothing will change, Trump is a softass, he will change nothing, no better relationship with Russia, no improvement on the fight against terrorists. The USA will stay the same it was before, supporting the same turds as before.

The rest of the world are a big pile of shit, they're patting him on the back for making a shit move for a most likely fabricated reason. Except cool countries like Russia. Thank god my country said they want a peaceful solution to the Syrian problem and didn't support Trump's attack, they also said they condemn chemical attacks but they didn't lick Trump's ass or say it was Assad's people who used the chemical weapons. Smart move from Orbán, don't buttlick the scumbag......

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He has an executive mandate. I'm not trying to insult you, but you are giving me your interpretation of a definition. I'm going off the actual definition not an interpretation... but not to split hairs. You don't feel he has a mandate... I understand your view but disagree with it... and I don't think yours is a standard view of the citizens of the United States based on commentary I've read from many other Americans. As per usual with all things Trump - it's polarising. His advocates say he has a mandate, his opponents say otherwise.

My opinion is that he has an executive mandate. He may have to work with other groups within the Republican party or across the divide in some cases to have a legislative mandate... he clearly didn't get that with the Obamacare replacement failure... at least for now.
It's not my interpretation, it's the way it is traditionally used in a political context. And I'm not the only one who believes he comes in without a mandate from the people. This from NBC, but you can google Trump's mandate and get many more version, from slender to none: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-has-less-mandate-means-short-leash-n697741

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
USA attacking Russia's ally Syria proves the whole 'Russian controls Donald T' was all just fake news -

Reactions: britbox

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not my interpretation, it's the way it is traditionally used in a political context. And I'm not the only one who believes he comes in without a mandate from the people. This from NBC, but you can google Trump's mandate and get many more version, from slender to none: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-has-less-mandate-means-short-leash-n697741

There are no half-victories in elections. Trump won the election in the current system. It is an idiotic and clearly outdated system but it is what it is. If you change it to popular vote, as it absolutely should be, it changes a lot in regards to campaigning and the main (good) thing it does is it pretty much guarantees that more people will vote. It's possible Trump would've won anyways and it's possible he wouldn't but there isn't a single decent argument as to why my vote should count differently from someone living in a different state in the USA.

But regardless of who is in office I don't think it's healthy for his hands to be completely tied regarding your definition of mandate. That's just sour grapes.

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are no half-victories in elections. Trump won the election in the current system. It is an idiotic and clearly outdated system but it is what it is. If you change it to popular vote, as it absolutely should be, it changes a lot in regards to campaigning and the main (good) thing it does is it pretty much guarantees that more people will vote. It's possible Trump would've won anyways and it's possible he wouldn't but there isn't a single decent argument as to why my vote should count differently from someone living in a different state in the USA.

But regardless of who is in office I don't think it's healthy for his hands to be completely tied regarding your definition of mandate. That's just sour grapes.
This isn't sports or high school. It's not sour grapes to discuss mandate after one of the narrowest victories in US history. No one is going to tie Trump's hands. That can't be done. He's the president and he'll make his decisions based on who he is, and with the help of the cabinet and advisors he's chosen. However, when there are so many people that didn't vote for your agenda, it would seem incumbent on a reasonable person to have that in mind. He's not running a campaign anymore, he's running a country, and his duty is to all the people in it, not just the ones that voted for him. Now, whether he is capable of that kind of empathy and measured judgement is yet to be revealed.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a childish approach to something as important as electing political leaders. As I said above, it's not sports, and equating it with that is trivializing. It means he won, yes, however slim the margin, but the discussion of mandate is about how much he does or doesn't have the hearts and minds of so many of those he now has to lead.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a childish approach to something as important as electing political leaders. As I said above, it's not sports, and equating it with that is trivializing. It means he won, yes, however slim the margin, but the discussion of mandate is about how much he does or doesn't have the hearts and minds of so many of those he now has to lead.

We'll have to disagree on the term mandate. His margin in the electoral college wasn't small, it was quite convincing. I'm not sure Trump is about winning hearts and minds but he'll need to be more flexible and understanding of people outside of his core support for sure... that is, if he's got any hopes of a second term. Realistically, the only way he's going to get that done is if his economic policies are a success.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I always listen to Ron Paul's thoughts on foreign affairs. He's analytical and doesn't just go with the flow.

In this case, Paul thinks there is zero chance that Assad instigated that gas attack.

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

I always listen to Ron Paul's thoughts on foreign affairs. He's analytical and doesn't just go with the flow.

In this case, Paul thinks there is zero chance that Assad instigated that gas attack.

NID. We all knew this. USA supported terrorists killed people with chemical attack, USA killed more people, including children. Disgusting leftists jubilant all ard the world.

Out of some perversion i checked the British seniors' forum, NID, the muslim liar and the gimp-masked gender-bending rodent are in extasy about this latest development, no matter the number of victims and the vileness of the whole affair. For some reason i don't see the third liar, euromuggard, who even labelled himself as a traitor on twitter. The poor owner, the only decent fellow with anti-islam sentiments on that board is in hiding, i'm not surprised, he's told regularly how low the others' opinion of him is, they call him snowflake and all kinds of bad things, basically they're crapping on him nonstop on his own board. I have a feeling he would feel much better here, where there's freedom of opinion and where there are some like-minded people.

N

Nekro

Do they want to get rid of Bannon completely now? Looks like Trump is going full mainstream? And another question, will he stop changing his staff nonstop at any point, or will he go rad in some other way? FFS he's changing his staff like Clay Death :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

"The future of top White House staffers, Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus, is uncertain, as President Donald Trump is increasingly sending signals he is considering a major shakeup of his leading advisers.

The rise of Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has only further isolated Bannon, the chief strategist, from the President and his inner circle."

http://ktla.com/2017/04/07/trump-si...se-staff-future-uncertain-for-bannon-priebus/

N

Nekro

OH MY!!! i will stick to music posting and off-topic clowning now for sure, my researching abilities have gone to complete crap lately: Jared Kushner's profile:

Born
Jared Corey Kushner
January 10, 1981 (age 36)
Livingston, New Jersey, U.S.[1]
Political party Democratic[2]
Spouse(s) Ivanka Trump (m. 2009)
Relations Joshua Kushner (brother)
Murray Kushner (uncle)
Children 3
Parents Charles Kushner
Seryl Stadtmauer
Education Harvard University (BA)
New York University (JD, MBA)
Alma mater Frisch School
Religion Judaism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner

No wonder Trump is in the hands of the military-industrial complex, and in the hands of Israel.

Omg i wasted my time rooting for this junk cause i didn't do a deep enough search :suicide:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This isn't sports or high school. It's not sour grapes to discuss mandate after one of the narrowest victories in US history. No one is going to tie Trump's hands. That can't be done. He's the president and he'll make his decisions based on who he is, and with the help of the cabinet and advisors he's chosen. However, when there are so many people that didn't vote for your agenda, it would seem incumbent on a reasonable person to have that in mind. He's not running a campaign anymore, he's running a country, and his duty is to all the people in it, not just the ones that voted for him. Now, whether he is capable of that kind of empathy and measured judgement is yet to be revealed.

The problem with your line of thinking is that no matter what there is always going to be tens of millions of Americans that don't vote for the winning candidate. That is A LOT of people that "don't vote for the president's agenda" Arguing over the definition of mandate is a moot point because the current system is what it is. It wasn't even that narrow of a victory by electoral count which further shows how illogical the current system is. Lose the popular vote, easily win the electoral vote and win the election...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interview with Assad from October. He seems very aware of consequences... hard to believe that he would order a gas attack in the current circumstances. Jack Straw, the former UK Foreign Minister, said he is unpleasant but very rational. To perform such an action on the eve of Talks when you are in such a strong position... could only be the actions of somebody clinically insane.

It's hard to believe that he ordered the attack personally.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do they want to get rid of Bannon completely now? Looks like Trump is going full mainstream? And another question, will he stop changing his staff nonstop at any point, or will he go rad in some other way? FFS he's changing his staff like Clay Death :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

"The future of top White House staffers, Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus, is uncertain, as President Donald Trump is increasingly sending signals he is considering a major shakeup of his leading advisers.

The rise of Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has only further isolated Bannon, the chief strategist, from the President and his inner circle."

http://ktla.com/2017/04/07/trump-si...se-staff-future-uncertain-for-bannon-priebus/

Bannon's certainly more on the fringes of the inner cabal than he was a few weeks ago. Apparently he was against the Syrian strikes and there was a picture of the cabal in the war room where he was sitting at the back looking a little frozen out of proceedings. Rumours are that he Kushner have been at odds with one another for a while. Not quite sure what qualities Kushner brings to the table, but he certainly seems to have the Don's ear at present.