The Small Screen: TV

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Anybody watch the first episode of westworld?

I tried to watch it..there wasn't anything captivating about this series..

I'm up to episode 6, really enjoying it! It's a slow burner but it's gotten very mysterious, and also, the robots are becoming aware... :devil

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Anybody watch the first episode of westworld?

I'm up to episode 6, really enjoying it! It's a slow burner but it's gotten very mysterious, and also, the robots are becoming aware... :devil

It's just too damn slow..I got to episode 3 and departed afterwards the first 5 minutes..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

It's just too damn slow..I got to episode 3 and departed afterwards the first 5 minutes..

Ah, you missed the orgy in episode 4 or 5. :snicker

And thandie Newton! :basiate

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Been meaning to watch that. I got 3 episodes left of Narcos season 2. It has been great again. And then I have Luke Cage an Westworld on the list.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Ah, you missed the orgy in episode 4 or 5. :snicker

And thandie Newton! :basiate
Hmmmnn..let me take another gander at westworld

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Been meaning to watch that. I got 3 episodes left of Narcos season 2. It has been great again. And then I have Luke Cage an Westworld on the list.

Luke Cage is interesting

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I began playing catch up on Gotham: I'd stopped watching midway through season 2. I didn't like the Galavan character. He was too much like the silly lightweight baddies of Lois and Clark. But really, this is a good show, the look is right, they have a fabulous Penguin, great back stories for all the characters. With The Walking Dead now a weekly thing since I caught up, and season 2 of Marco Polo becoming silly and dragging its heels, I'd forgotten about Gotham...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth or KS .. have you folks had an opportunity to watch POWER(its on the STARZ network).. I think the first 3 seasons have been tremendous

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm now caught up on Westworld. It is confusing as heck at first, still is to a degree, but it really has picked up. It's damn good and you should keep watching AP.

I got through the 2nd season of Narcos, it is really good. I wasn't familiar with the details of Escobar so it was quite entertaining to watch. The 1st season was nuts, some of the stuff he actually did.

I'm through episode 5 of Luke Cage. It is ok, of all the Marvel TV shows I prefer Daredevil by a mile. That one is excellent even if you aren't a Marvel nut. I'm also looking forward to The Punisher.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Westworld is good, isn't it? great mysterious feel to it, who is, who isn't, etc? And what's it all about, and Thandie Newton, and so on. :heart:

I'm kinda scanning Netflix for shows. I steered clear of Narcos because it strikes me that it might be cruel, and the missus will reject it, even though everybody raves about it. I'm finished Gotham season 2, but season 3 isn't on Netflix yet. I stopped watching season 2 of Marco Polo because it was too danged slow and nothing much happened.

I enjoyed Daredvil season 1 - is season 2 as good?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Season 2 of Daredevil isn't quite as good as the first but it is still worth watching for sure. And yes, there really is plenty to like about Westworld, just having Thandie Newton walking around naked for a full hour makes for decent TV :)

Narcos is extremely violent, they are naturally going to make it authentic but at times it is a little much to take in. What I like about it is that it is in documentary form so I don't think there is any embellishment of the actual events.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We stopped watching season 2 of Bloodline, after enjoying the first season a lot, because it was more of the same, but not as interesting, and very slow. Anybody persevere with this one? I hear it's been cancelled.

I gave Marco Polo another shot this evening, on account of its high dame-count in season one. I wasn't let down on that score, but I'm still not as gripped as I was with season 1...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Season 2 is not nearly as good on Marco Polo. However, the last few episodes it really does pick up and leaves off well for a season 3.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Has anyone been watching Westworld? It is excellent. Very weird at first and even through episode 8 it still is a bit but it really picks up and is quite entertaining.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Westworld is good, isn't it? great mysterious feel to it, who is, who isn't, etc? And what's it all about, and Thandie Newton, and so on. :heart:

I'm kinda scanning Netflix for shows. I steered clear of Narcos because it strikes me that it might be cruel, and the missus will reject it, even though everybody raves about it. I'm finished Gotham season 2, but season 3 isn't on Netflix yet. I stopped watching season 2 of Marco Polo because it was too danged slow and nothing much happened.

I enjoyed Daredvil season 1 - is season 2 as good?

I had a few mins today ..I. Was able to fwd to get to a very nude Thandie Newton :basiate..I will go back to watch the dialogue later..thanks

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Has anyone been watching Westworld? It is excellent. Very weird at first and even through episode 8 it still is a bit but it really picks up and is quite entertaining.
No, but I've had it recommended by a couple of people... It'll join a growing back list of stuff to watch.

I've just started watching Paranoid on Netflix... looks like it has potential.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I recently binge-watched "Transparent." It was really good.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Westworld was quite phenomenal, I must say, and the great finale not only makes me look forward to season 2, but I'm also looking forward to watching season 1 again, now that more has been revealed...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Westworld was quite phenomenal, I must say, and the great finale not only makes me look forward to season 2, but I'm also looking forward to watching season 1 again, now that more has been revealed...

I didn't completely understand the finale. ( it's my fault because I have only really watched the first two episodes). I read a review on the web and it made better sense.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

I didn't completely understand the finale. ( it's my fault because I have only really watched the first two episodes). I read a review on the web and it made better sense.

I didn't fully understand a lot about the whole show, to be honest, but the ending made a few things clearer, especially who William/The Man in Black was, the two-timelines of the show, and I kinda got an impression that next season will be more kick-arse, the ending also being a bit like The Rise of the Machines. Thandie Newton's character told another host that he couldn't leave, this being because she programmed him that he couldn't cross the line - but neither could she, in the end! Was she jury-rigged by that strange lab technician who gave her the address to find her "child?"

Who is he? He seemed to dictate a few things in there, through her, but he wasn't harmed by the hosts when they went on the rampage.

I think Anthony Hopkins isn't coming back, but Ed Harris is. Both were excellent, as was Evan Rachel Wood, who's bound to benefit from hr strong performance in this...