Sharapova fails drug test

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maria Sharapova is making a scheduled announcement on Monday.

There are various rumours circulating including that of a retirement announcement.

Sharapova is 29 in April and has already retired from Fed Cup competition.

She has pulled out of several tournaments already this year with shoulder issues.

Her agent told Eurosport last month: "In order to play, she needs to be healthy, For this to happen, she will need to listen to the voice of her body, to the advice of doctors... But if her health is not good, it is unlikely that she will remain on the tour."

Maria Sharapova (76)
by Dexter_Greycells, on Flickr

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sharapova calls news conference to make 'major announcement'

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/03/sharapova-calls-news-conference-to-make-major-announcement/57808/#.VtxetuZ2NfI

Please retire. It's been a scream of a time watching you.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: WTA News and Gossip 2016

Front242 said:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/03/sharapova-calls-news-conference-to-make-major-announcement/57808/#.VtxetuZ2NfI

Even if she "retires",it will be less than two years,*Serena will probably leave the game by then and Pova will come back to dominate the tour again.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Even if she "retires",it will be less than two years,*Serena will probably leave the game by then and Pova will come back to dominate the tour again.

True. By then maybe they'll have this on court hindrance volume control and she won't be able to play 'cos they'd dock her whole games all match :D

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

maybe she is announcing her marriage to Chelsea Handler...if she retires it will good riddance to bad rubbish

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

I hope Sharapova doesn't retire. I may not be a fan, but, I do appreciate her competitiveness.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

The only thing that makes it look competitive is because of the way she screams at the top of her lungs. She's doing no more than any of the other girls on tour but just takes the screaming to ridiculous levels. She's nothing more than a one dimensional ball basher and if things aren't going her way she just screams even more. If that's what people call competitive fair enough. I call it pathetic.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Front242 said:
The only thing that makes it look competitive is because of the way she screams at the top of her lungs. She's doing no more than any of the other girls on tour but just takes the screaming to ridiculous levels. She's nothing more than a one dimensional ball basher and if things aren't going her way she just screams even more. If that's what people call competitive fair enough. I call it pathetic.

Amen and hallelujah to that! She won't be missed! :clap :ras: :cover :violins:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Is everybody speculating that she will retire? Unless her injuries are so bad that she doesn't think she can be competitive ever again, I don't know. Maybe she will just take some extended time off? She has a lot of sponsorship deals. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

i hope its not about her endorsements...just tired of the media counting her money..if its retirement all the ESPN passe will be on suicide watch especially Evert and Maria Jose Fernandes..

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

Well, she's a ball-basher that has won every slam, and been the runner-up in every slam, with the exception of the US Open. So, call her a basher all you'd like, she is an all-time great regardless how you feel about her.

Her Hall of Fame credential are solidified by her success on the court.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Calvy said:
Well, she's a ball-basher that has won every slam, and been the runner-up in every slam, with the exception of the US Open. So, call her a basher all you'd like, she is an all-time great regardless how you feel about her.

More about "off the court" success and life; business, dating, charitable work! The record couldn't have been looked at or they wouldn't keep referring to her rivalry with Serena! You have to win sometime to call it that "in my book!" As far as I can remember, '04 Wimbledon final is her only victory over Serena! How do all the credible commentators keep calling it that? :angel:

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Calvy said:

More about "off the court" success and life; business, dating, charitable work! The record couldn't have been looked at or they wouldn't keep referring to her rivalry with Serena! You have to win sometime to call it that "in my book!" As far as I can remember, '04 Wimbledon final is her only victory over Serena! How do all the credible commentators keep calling it that? :angel:

Look, I am a Serena fan, and never have been a Sharapova cheelearder, but, she has FIVE slams, holds EVERY slam. Has made the final of FIVE other slam. IS is a great, regardless of her off court success, venture, business, charity work.

She has a horrible head to head with Serena and I'm proud of how Serena dominated that "rivalry," but, that does not negate the fact she's won over 30 tournament and been to number one in the world.

I don't care how the tennis experts at times favored her, that's not what this is about. This an acknownlegdment of her on court success.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really hope she's not going to retire. Unless she's really hampered by injuries, I think she's too competitive to hang it up at 29.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

If she retires until Serena leaves the game and then tries to comeback she'll be 30 - and the game will have passed her by. There have been other former #1 who've retired and tried to come back - most recently Justin Henin - and they never reach the same level. She can barely win now unless someone beats else takes Serena out.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have never been a Sharapova fan,still I hope she isn't going to retire.I understand her forearm injury has not healed.Regardless if you are a fan or nor,Sharapova has always given 100% mentally,I feel her greatest strength.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

shoulderpova has probably resurfaced and her doctors probably recommended surgery.Who is going to inherit Sven and the boys?