Scottish Independence

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not hoping for a big swing.... UK-remain won by 10% last time. The SNP are hoping for a big swing. I think they'll get a swing but I don't think they'll carry it. Regardless of Brexit, the economics have completely changed for the worse for Scotland since the last one.

I'm all for giving them the opportunity to vote though... even though I hope the union remains intact.

You're referring to oil I assume? I'm not sure how significant a component of Scottish GDP oil actually is, but on the balancing side Sterling is probably 30% lower than when that vote took place

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, but the SNP are advocating staying with sterling not joining the Euro in any event... so they would be effectively voting to trade in a currency that they have no control over. But yes, I was talking Oil primarily... that's a large element of what the SNP were basing their economic projections from.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, but the SNP are advocating staying with sterling not joining the Euro in any event... so they would be effectively voting to trade in a currency that they have no control over. But yes, I was talking Oil primarily... that's a large element of what the SNP were basing their economic projections from.

Sticking with sterling would be smart for them. It makes the proposition much cheaper. And they'll benefit from lower oil prices and insulate themselves from the likely break up of the euro in the next few years

N

Nekro

Sticking with sterling would be smart for them. It makes the proposition much cheaper. And they'll benefit from lower oil prices and insulate themselves from the likely break up of the euro in the next few years
not gonna happen imo... Everybody except the clueless ones is enjoying this party too much... There will be lots of fixing in the next few years....

Last edited by a moderator:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I am baffled to see that you people miss every opportunity to discuss the actual important topics, and waste time on a lot of useless garbage. I HATE that. There is only ONE important question about Scottish independence:

(No suspense here) Will the quality of single malt whisky suffer with independence?

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I am baffled to see that you people miss every opportunity to discuss the actual important topics, and waste time on a lot of useless garbage. I HATE that. There is only ONE important question about Scottish independence:

(No suspense here) Will the quality of single malt whisky suffer with independence?

Lol! It had better not! My life wouldn't be the same without 16+ year old Lagavulin!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Spain is going to fight tooth and nail to prevent an independent Scotland from joining the EU. That would be a dangerous precedent for them, as they have to worry about Catalonia