Scoop Malinowski joins the Tennis Frontier Team

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We'd like to welcome Scoop Malinowski to the writing team at the Tennis Frontier.

Scoop began covering tennis in 1992 at the Pathmark Classic in Mahwah, NJ. He has written about tennis for Tennis Magazine, Tennis Magazine Australia, Ace Tennis (U.K.), Tennis Week, Tennisweek.com, CBSsportsline.com, ESPNzone.com, Boxing News (U.K.) and TheBiofile.com.

He has Biofiled Don Budge, Jack Kramer, Pete Sampras, John McEnroe, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Chris Evert, Venus Williams, Billie Jean King, Marcelo Rios and many more of the new generation, including Grigor Dimitrov, Ryan Harrison, Caroline Wozniacki, Agnieszka Radwanska.

His first tennis book “Marcelo Rios: The Man We Barely Knew” was published in late 2011 and was praised by Nick Bollettieri: “Magnificent. Excellent. You did it in a very interesting way.” Scoop’s latest book “Facing Federer” will be available in Summer 2013 at Amazon.com. As a player, Scoop has played on the grass at Forest Hills, Crandon Park on Key Biscayne, The U.S. Open hard courts, achieved a #8 USTA Eastern 35s ranking (2011) and won 25 singles (and one doubles) titles since 1997, the most recent coming in New City NY in June 2013. He reached the finals of the 2013 New Jersey State Mens 45s red clay championships at Arlington Players Club in June 2013.

A big welcome to Scoop!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Brilliant addition, Britbox!

Welcome, Scoop! Read the Kramer article and I like the way you see things. :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome to Tennis Frontier, Scoop! I look forward to reading your articles.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Wonderful news! Welcome Scoop. Can't wait to read your work. Brit has been working hard lately. Give it up for BB. :clap

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop is a very welcome addition to the Tennis Frontier - I reviewed his first book about Marcelo Rios on tennis.com and also found he was a keen boxing fan like myself.

Scoop's first book is a great read and the style reminded me a little of legendary British sports writer Hugh McIlvaney.

scoop-book-rios.jpg

You can purchase this book at Amazon on the link below:

Marcelo Rios: The Man We Barely Knew

He is currently working on his next book, "Facing Federer" which is due out shortly.

scoop-roger-federer.jpg

Also, visit tennis-prose.com - it's packed with a back catalogue of Scoop's work and biofiles of players past and present.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and kind words everyone and Britbox. Looking forward to discussing this fascinating sport called tennis with everyone here. There is something special about this site. Good day to all,

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Scoopm said:
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and kind words everyone and Britbox. Looking forward to discussing this fascinating sport called tennis with everyone here. There is something special about this site. Good day to all,

"Facing Federer" sounds great. Has the publisher set a release date yet?

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scoopm said:

good day mate.

I think you will like it here.

great place to talk a little tennis and to just chill and relax.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Great to see you here, Scoop and a very warm welcome. Look forward to some great reading.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks all. Federer book proof copy should be here within days. If it's good to go, with no glaring errors, could be ready for US Open. (Hopefully) where it will be available in the book store like the Rios book. Also available at amazon.com (via create space self publisher).

ashwin#1

Club Member
Reactions
Excellent addition !!! :)

i remember there was a documentary named "facing Federer".

From tennis channel site :
"Facing Federer is a compelling look at the personalities and events surrounding the 2004 Tennis Masters Cup, the prestigious $4.45 million tournament circuit finale won by Roger Federer."