Premier League 2016-2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
... and we're off...

So who's gonna win the title this year?

United have spent big, Arsenal have acted like minnows in the transfer market as per usual. Liverpool (my team) beat the Gunners 4-3 in the first game.

Interesting season ahead... Do you follow the PL @brokenshoelace? Who's your team?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Sadly I think it will be between the Mancs this year. I don't think Chelsea will last the course, Liverpool are unproven although their attack looks awesome, their defence doesn't look much better as far as I can see. Still think the North London clubs will be in the mix. It's going to be hugely competitive with Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and even West Ham having something to say about it. I don't think the last 2 will end up ahead of the ones I mentioned before though

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Liverpool need a left back urgently... Moreno is a liability at the back. I'm surprised they let young Jon Flanagan go on loan.

You might be right on the Mancs... although City failed to impress last season and United might take time to gel.

I agree it will be competitive and think it might be a close affair with a few clubs in the mix... Spurs being one of them.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Liverpool need a left back urgently... Moreno is a liability at the back. I'm surprised they let young Jon Flanagan go on loan.

You might be right on the Mancs... although City failed to impress last season and United might take time to gel.

I agree it will be competitive and think it might be a close affair with a few clubs in the mix... Spurs being one of them.

Amen to that bro!
I can't figure out why Klopp let Ibe go. Thought he did ok

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bad loss against Burnley for Liverpool. Good news is that Benteke has been offloaded to Palace for 27 mill.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. We got away with one there. Not clicking yet

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
... and we're off...

So who's gonna win the title this year?

United have spent big, Arsenal have acted like minnows in the transfer market as per usual. Liverpool (my team) beat the Gunners 4-3 in the first game.

Interesting season ahead... Do you follow the PL @brokenshoelace? Who's your team?

I follow the EPL pretty regularly but my horse in the race has changed over the years (my favorite football team is Juventus so I take liberties when it comes to rooting for teams in other leagues). As a kid, I really liked United during the Beckham/Giggs/Keane/Cole/Yorke era. Then it was Chelsea's Mourinho oddly enough (circa 2005) as I thought Jose was the coolest person in the world at the time (that opinion has changed since).

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal's invincible years though, since they played a fantastic brand of Football, but I believe the way Wenger has ran the team over the past 7 years or so has been embarrassing. And over the years, I grew to really dislike United, especially when Rooney and Ronaldo joined (nothing against either player, it just happened to coincide with that time). As in, they'd really become one of my most hated teams.

Never been a Liverpool fan. Sorry B.

Last year, I was all in on Leicester because how could you not?

This year? Well, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of my all time favorite athletes, and my favorite active football player. It's been pretty much a habit since the day he left Juventus that whoever he's playing for is my second favorite team and I make it a point to watch every match he's involved in.

So...looks like Manchester United it is. I feel dirty just typing that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I follow the EPL pretty regularly but my horse in the race has changed over the years (my favorite football team is Juventus so I take liberties when it comes to rooting for teams in other leagues). As a kid, I really liked United during the Beckham/Giggs/Keane/Cole/Yorke era. Then it was Chelsea's Mourinho oddly enough (circa 2005) as I thought Jose was the coolest person in the world at the time (that opinion has changed since).

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal's invincible years though, since they played a fantastic brand of Football, but I believe the way Wenger has ran the team over the past 7 years or so has been embarrassing. And over the years, I grew to really dislike United, especially when Rooney and Ronaldo joined (nothing against either player, it just happened to coincide with that time). As in, they'd really become one of my most hated teams.

This year? Well, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of my all time favorite athletes, and my favorite active football player. It's been pretty much a habit since the day he left Juventus that whoever he's playing for is my second favorite team and I make it a point to watch every match he's involved in.

You should feel dirty! :D
I have to say, United have started off alarmingly well. Both the Manc clubs to be honest. A bit depressing for a Spurs supporter like me, but we'll see how things go.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I don't expect any Juve fan to have a soft spot for Liverpool - no worries on that score... but United? You're becoming a harlot of Beezlebub, broken.

Supported Liverpool all my life and remember the songs about United when they hadn't won the league for 26 years. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Other teams I support are Rangers (Scotland), Sporting (Portugal), Flamengo (Brazil)... also watch out for Blackpool (lower division UK team) and Cardiff City.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a fucking treat...

Feyenoord playing You'll Never Walk Alone after beating United on Thursday.

Shame Watford never played it today.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another big win for Liverpool. 5-1. Klopp's got the boys ticking gents.. and they are playing top notch football. No Europe this season.... look out for a decent domestic season.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Mane was a good signing. Still not sure about your defence. I want to shout out Spurs, but I'm keeping my trap shut right now because we face Man City next week. If we can get through that, then welcome to the thunderdome!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So Allardyce is sacked as England Manager.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3808763/Sam-Allardyce-forced-England-manager.html

Reading the "sting" operation and the transcripts, I can't see he did a whole lot wrong.

It's an integrity issue mate. Go to the FA website and they talk about integrity in the game and out of it being front and centre. You simply can't have the England manager talking to business men about how to break FA and Fifa rules. If they had let that pass then they would have looked as craven as Fifa itself and massively hypocritcal

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Best thing I heard about the whole Sam Allardyce situation was courtesy of the following tweet:

"Sam Allardyce is a disgrace and needs to be punished, humiliated and made an example of. Therefore he should continue as England manager."

:lulz1::lulz1::lulz1::lulz1::lulz1::lulz1:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's an integrity issue mate. Go to the FA website and they talk about integrity in the game and out of it being front and centre. You simply can't have the England manager talking to business men about how to break FA and Fifa rules. If they had let that pass then they would have looked as craven as Fifa itself and massively hypocritcal

I don't like Big Sam, never have to be honest... and yes, I can well believe there are issues with his integrity based on prior stuff... but that particular exchange with the fake businessmen sounded like he was just saying how rules can be, and are bypassed... in general conversation... he didn't seem to advocate it and was just saying 'how it is'... he was there to meet about a keynote speaking role, he has no role in player transfers because it doesn't happen at international level. As much as I don't like the guy and thought he was a little silly, I'm surprised it's worth the sack.