PLEASE READ: Tennis Frontier Merge

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Tennis Frontier (TF) will merge with 2 other websites and become one large forum site. Most of you are probably aware of Owen's (Britbox) site called Discuss.Tennis (DT). Scoop Malinowski has a site called Tennis-Prose (TP). TF and DT will merge with TP. For TF users, we will be moving to new forum software that DT and TP are already using. The new name of the site will be called www.tennis-prose.com/tennisforum and will include all threads, posts, blogs and news articles.

I know this may come as a surprise to many of you, but we are all excited about the changes and very much looking forward to the culmination as it will reunite the old Tennis Frontier community with new users of DT and TP. The new site will not have moderators, but will have admins that maintain the site with a light-touch (only if required) moderating policy.

In order to complete this merge and migration, the Frontier will undergo planned maintenance starting on Sunday, May 14, 2017 from 10pm-4am EST. The site will be down and you will not be able to add any new material during the merge.

There is one technical requirement for all TF users (anyone that post exclusively on TF and not on DT) after the move. You will need to do a password reset when you first login on the new system. I need you to verify you have a current accessible email account associated with your forum account before the merge on Sunday. When you request a password reset, the link will be sent to that email address. Any DT users who are also TF users won't need to reset their password as they are already on the new forum software.

I ask for your patience and understanding as we complete the merge and adjust to the new software. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to post them in this thread so the answer can be read by all users.

Thanks and happy posting. :celeb:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I think of late, the number of people participating in discussions were quite low and as a result the TF board was not very lively. I am sure this three way merger would result in rejuvenating all the forums.

I am not a participant in DT and TP and so I don't know how their user interface looks like. But, I like the simplicity and ease of use of the TF interface. Hope, it will be equal or better in the combined forums.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GSM had a very good question that I will here in case someone else has the same question.

GameSetAndMath said:
Hi Kelly,

I want to change the email address associated with my account. Can I just change it during the time of merger or is it better to change it before the merger or after the merger.

-GSM
You need to change your email address before the merge so the reset password email goes to the correct email address.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Another great question from AntiPusher!

the AntiPusher said:
Hi KS..my email address has changed.

Is there a place to change it on my profile
Yes. If you go under User CP, under your profile on the left you'll see something called Change Email. That's where you change the email address.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I think of late, the number of people participating in discussions were quite low and as a result the TF board was not very lively. I am sure this three way merger would result in rejuvenating all the forums.

I am not a participant in DT and TP and so I don't know how their user interface looks like. But, I like the simplicity and ease of use of the TF interface. Hope, it will be equal or better in the combined forums.

The forum style isn't massively different to this one GSM, as I themed both sites, but I'll open a forum requests thread once everything is done, so people can request changes etc, like we had on this board when it first started.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One more post on the Frontier for old times' sake. Looking forward to see you all on the new site. Ciao!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We're still doing merging tasks, so it's still OK to post at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
MERGER INFO: We've merged TF and DT. Tennis Prose still to come. The domain name will be tennis-prose.com when they are merged in but we're using the tennisfrontier one for the time being.

Lots more to do with theming an integration but the biggest job is done. There will be some help videos before the end of the week on using the forum but most of it's pretty easy to pick up for first time visitors.

I don't think the auto-emailing is working on this server for password resets etc. I will look at that in the morning. All will be settled this week, just takes a bit of time.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks guys. The biggest task is done, merging the two forums together.

TF Users / Logging In

For TF users who need to login then the login is top right. You should be able to use your existing TF credentials.

If you've forgotten your TF Password then request a Password Reset on the Login Form. The email address this will get sent to is the one you had associated with your TF account.

If you can't remember that email address or no longer use it, then flick an email to forumhelp@tennisfrontier.com - this gets forwarded to administrators who will help you get in.

Work still to be done

- Moving remaining TF smileys across.

- Some help videos showing you to how to use the board software

- Merging in the Tennis-Prose website in as the front end of the website and linking their future blogs and comments into the forum as threads and posts.

- Adding Tapatalk back in.

---

Good to see the community all coming together. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Any news on tapatalk? Can't check right now since my phone has been giving me trouble, but I couldn't find the board there when I looked a few days ago. It's my main method of posting, so it's been slightly frustrating not having it available.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Any news on tapatalk? Can't check right now since my phone has been giving me trouble, but I couldn't find the board there when I looked a few days ago. It's my main method of posting, so it's been slightly frustrating not having it available.

We're just waiting on the Tennis-Prose domain name being moved across - as soon as that's completed, Tapatalk will be reactivated.