Other Sports - Welcome

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Interesting about Eurosport... I can tap into it if I know what's on, so will take more notice. I agree that Hearn is an arrogant loudmouth but I don't mind him - he does put his money where his mouth is. I think he saw the Chinese market as ripe for tapping and made a good judgement call in putting tournaments there - he's also gone on record in the past indicating that the Chinese market is the future of the Sport. I actually prefer his son though, who is doing a decent job in the boxing game.

They will be covering Ronnie this evening at 7pm UK time and tomorrow afternoon, 2pm. Also this evening Kyren Wilson, a good younger player v Higgins. If the times are bad for you check out their videos. The best stuff is available on demand from the vid section for about a week.

Didn't Hearn start out in boxing himself? He is OK at promoting tournaments but I feel money needs to go into facilities for young players and he needs to be loyal to his players. Several have made valid points about facilities eg poor tables, lack of practice tables, timing of events, need for a junior league etc. I know Williams, Murphy, Higgins Selby have all come up with good stuff and he publicly scorns them. What the players need is a players council that has teeth and is prepared to take WS on but what they have is a weak ineffective forum. It's such an individual sport they never get it together enough to be effective.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Are there no equestrian sport threads on here? I love watching dressage best though showjumping is very good too.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Are there no equestrian sport threads on here? I love watching dressage best though showjumping is very good too.

I used to watch when featured years ago before the Networks fell behind pay cable; maybe the 80's the last time I cared! It's a beautiful sport I guess, but not sure how the horses feel about being put thru their paces again and again to make the course 2nd nature! Reminds me of an old "The Beverly Hillbillies'" episode when Granny was given a horse that competed in those special harnesses so they're not supposed to gallop! She didn't know better and had the horse going "full out" in a race and of course was disqualified! :lulz1: :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
I used to watch when featured years ago before the Networks fell behind pay cable; maybe the 80's the last time I cared! It's a beautiful sport I guess, but not sure how the horses feel about being put thru their paces again and again to make the course 2nd nature! Reminds me of an old "The Beverly Hillbillies'" episode when Granny was given a horse that competed in those special harnesses so they're not supposed to gallop! She didn't know better and had the horse going "full out" in a race and of course was disqualified! :lulz1: :rolleyes: :cuckoo:
Some of the equestrian sports are good & the horses enjoy themselves. I don't like it when they're forced though & I don't like use of whips. Some in horse-racing are forced to run too fast they can have a heart attack but then again the horse can refuse. They can refuse in show-jumping too so that's not too bad. I think the Grand National is cruel though because they use racing horses who aren't used to jumping & force them to jump because of that many horses have fallen & got hurt or died which is tragic.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The 6th and final regular event of the Grand Prix is off and running in Lake Placid: Skate America: Men's Short completed with Nathan Chen leading the way, followed by Adam Rippon! = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Skate_America - - - :rolleyes: :popcorn :p

Update: Nathan hangs on to win the GOLD; shaky with several jumping mistakes, but SP lead held him up! Rippon almost snuck up on him with half the content since Chen laid down 2 quad Lutz jumps! :rolleyes: :p o_O

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well the GP Final of figure skating will be starting in a few hours in Japan! I doubt I can hold my eyes open long enough, but the "Pairs" & "Men's" short programs will telecast on the Olympic channel if you have it! There will be no Hanyu or Evgenia Medvedeva due to injury! I say they're resting since this is an Olympic season! Jason Brown will be brought in as an alternate since Jin Boyang of China injured! With these guys going "quad" crazy, injuries will be quite common! :whistle: :oops: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've only ever heard of about four figure skaters - Robin Cousens, Torvill and Dean (all Brit Gold Medals back in the day) and Katarina Witt... oh yeah, those two Americans who had that rivalry. Tonya Harding and the other one.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I've only ever heard of about four figure skaters - Robin Cousens, Torvill and Dean (all Brit Gold Medals back in the day) and Katarina Witt... oh yeah, those two Americans who had that rivalry. Tonya Harding and the other one.

That would be the crybaby, Nancy Kerrigan; America's "ice princess" and "home-wrecker" back in the day! :whistle: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well the men's event is over in Nagoya Japan, Chen squeaks out a very close victory over Uno to win his 1st Grand Prix of FS Final! There were a lot of top names missing so all these guys will have to step it up for the Olympics! Seems like the real competition will be at Nat'ls with Rippon & Brown trading places! We have 4 good skaters vying for 3 spots internationally! We'll see next month I guess! See ya after the ladies event! :whistle: :clap: :bye: :rolleyes:

Horsa

Reactions
I heard this morning that in 1 of the horse races with jumps that was on yesterday afternoon a horse fell landing on top of the jockey. Does anyone know whether the jockey is o.k.?