2 Alexander Zverev
3 Karen Khachanov
4 Borna Coric
5 Gael Monfils
6 Nikoloz Basilashvili
7 Roberto Bautista Agut
8 Guido Pella

The Tournament:

The Noventi Open is one of seven grass-court events on the calendar, re-categorised as an ATP World Tour 500 tournament from 2015. Held since 1993, the event is played on four outdoor grass courts and is a part of the ATP World Tour 500 series on the ATP Tour schedule. The event has been upgraded as of 2015 from a 250 series to a 500 series tournament.

The Centre Court has 12,300 seats and a retractable roof which can be closed in 88 seconds so that tennis games can continue with a closed roof when it begins to rain.

About Halle

Halle (Saale) is a city in the southern part of the German state Saxony-Anhalt with a population of 232,000.

The city is an economic and educational center. The University of Halle-Wittenberg is the largest university in Saxony-Anhalt and one of the oldest universities in Germany, and a nurturing ground for the local startup ecosystem. Together with Leipzig, Halle is at the heart of the Central German Metropolitan Region.

1200px-Marktplatz_Halle_-fünf_Türme1.jpg
640fbd5c270e3c216bd993a2e24c3edd_1390539858_m.jpg

Halle Tourism Video:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not an easy start for either of the top seeds, though I guess Roger will be looking for revenge, and Haase did lose to Garin in his home tourney last week. I was trying to do the draw challenge, but got a bit stymied in the first round. Maybe Berrettini will pull out, since he's in the final in Stuttgart. As usual, pretty full draw.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect that Roger's second match (independent of who he faces) will be tougher than his first or third.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I expect that Roger's second match (independent of who he faces) will be tougher than his first or third.
Agreed. And who knows who'll win the Tsonga/Paire match. That's basically the one that stopped me in the draw challenge.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Gulbis lost in Q1R to Stakhovsky. Also, Rublev lost in Q1R.

Seppi, Sousa and Mischa move on to Q2R.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed's draw is stacked. What a shocker. Anywho I hope he goes out there and shows why he's the GOAT for the nth time. Can never have enough of that.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agreed. And who knows who'll win the Tsonga/Paire match. That's basically the one that stopped me in the draw challenge.
I made a bracket for this one and Queens. I've put Tsonga to win against Paire. The match that bothers me more is another french duel Monfils-Herbert. I chose Herbert. Monfils might be in some temporary blues after he broke up with Svitolina and Herbert is good. I might end up with wrong decision on both matches, but never mind, it's a good fun :-)2

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I made a bracket for this one and Queens. I've put Tsonga to win against Paire. The match that bothers me more is another french duel Monfils-Herbert. I chose Herbert. Monfils might be in some temporary blues after he broke up with Svitolina and Herbert is good. I might end up with wrong decision on both matches, but never mind, it's a good fun :-)2
Oh, I didn't realize they'd broken up. Thanks for the tips!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
J. Sousa, Seppi and Stakhvosky and an unknown German WC qualified.

Mischa could not make it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kohly has historically done well in this tourney. So, I would not be surprised if he takes out Slumping Sasha in R2.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My bracket is really boring for Halle, apart from picking Roger to win. I think I should revisit.

Kohly has historically done well in this tourney. So, I would not be surprised if he takes out Slumping Sasha in R2.

This is helpful. Thanks!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kohly has historically done well in this tourney.

I think he got to the final at least once, and probably lost to Roger. But you’re right, he does seem to put in an extra effort in front of the home crowd.

So, I would not be surprised if he takes out Slumping Sasha in R2.

Don’t get my hopes up.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he got to the final at least once, and probably lost to Roger. But you’re right, he does seem to put in an extra effort in front of the home crowd.

Don’t get my hopes up.
Not so much of a Zverev fan?

Reactions: tented

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
will be good if kohli takes out ziraffe

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally some grass tennis on TV here in Croatia. Super Mario beat Kohly very easy. Kohly missed so many easy balls, but Super Mario was untouchable on serve. Picked Johnson to win so I'm happy he delivered. Now watching Herbert-Monfils, Herbert has an early break.

@Moxie, my bracket is lamer than yours, chose Federer Zverev final because of their history here. They played 2 times, once in semis and once in a final so I'm looking for a 3rd match (they are leveled at 1:1). Seems like not many here like Zverev at all and want him to loose (including me sometimes :rolleyes:), but he has to come with better results at some point given his struggling for the first part of the season. I found brackets are definitely a good way of digging how some players perform at certain tournaments and against certain opponents.

In between the matches they showed Birmingham WTA tournament. Grass really looks greener in UK compared to Germany. They are famous for it so it makes sense.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kohls went down rather mildly in straights. He won't be taking anybody out

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally some grass tennis on TV here in Croatia. Super Mario beat Kohly very easy. Kohly missed so many easy balls, but Super Mario was untouchable on serve. Picked Johnson to win so I'm happy he delivered. Now watching Herbert-Monfils, Herbert has an early break.

@Moxie, my bracket is lamer than yours, chose Federer Zverev final because of their history here. They played 2 times, once in semis and once in a final so I'm looking for a 3rd match (they are leveled at 1:1). Seems like not many here like Zverev at all and want him to loose (including me sometimes :rolleyes:), but he has to come with better results at some point given his struggling for the first part of the season. I found brackets are definitely a good way of digging how some players perform at certain tournaments and against certain opponents.

In between the matches they showed Birmingham WTA tournament. Grass really looks greener in UK compared to Germany. They are famous for it so it makes sense.
I had that final originally, but I decided it was too cliched. I decided to go with GSM, and, sadly, picked Kohly even to beat Sasha. My bad. And on top of it, I didn't listen to you on Monfils. But as you say, it's all good fun. :good:

Reactions: don_fabio