NFL 2016-2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I know. Hence my preference for the Falcons if it comes to it. I don't mind GB so much. Can't stand the Pats. Shit conference pads them a bit

Shit conference? I think the AFC has been stronger this year. The Superbowl champs didn't even make the playoffs and AFC have won 2 of the last 3 and 12 of the last 19. You're having a laugh...

Packers just getting smashed and making this Atlanta Defense look like the 86 Bears.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I will be rooting for Atlanta but hope like hell it is against the Steelers. This game is weak. I'm just hoping Rodgers doesn't start demanding a trade. I'd consider it if I was him. Solid talent around him on offense but with this defense it's practically a team that needs to be rebuilt and a guy with his talent should be on a team that is always in win-now mode.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fans here lament that we wasted Favre's career and didn't get enough talent around him. I disagree with that narrative. They were active in free agency back then and they had a pretty decent defense for a lot of years of his career. The problem was Favre had some truly terrible postseason performances that led to many of the losses they had.

Different story with Rodgers. This is his 7th playoff loss and the defense has given up an average of over 36 points in those losses (not a typo believe it or not!!). They have wasted Rodgers' career. I am grateful for Favre and he was one of the greatest to play but he was not Rodgers. I say it with complete confidence that we will never have another QB like this and we have 1 ring in 9 years to show for it. Major underachievement and it points to a team that needs a major overhaul starting with GM and coaching staff.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Shit conference? I think the AFC has been stronger this year. The Superbowl champs didn't even make the playoffs and AFC have won 2 of the last 3 and 12 of the last 19. You're having a laugh...

Packers just getting smashed and making this Atlanta Defense look like the 86 Bears.

The AFC has been top heavy for a long time. The Pats have been great for a long time but the problem is there is usually only 1 or 2 other good/great teams in the conference every year. Some of that has been bad luck with injuries the past couple years (Oakland this year and Denver in 2014) but part of it is that there just aren't many good teams. This year there ended up being only 3 respectable teams make the playoffs in the AFC. Pats got a bye to the AFC title gsme

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big statement by the Falcons. I expected them to put up quite a few points on the Green Bay D.... but expected the Packers O. to at least make a game of it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The AFC has been too heavy for a long time. The Pats have been great for a long time but the problem is there is usually only 1 or 2 other good/great teams in the conference every year. Some of that has been bad luck with injuries the past couple years (Oakland this year and Denver in 2014) but part of it is that there just aren't many good teams. This year there ended up being only 3 respectable teams make the playoffs in the AFC. Pats got a bye to the AFC title gsme

The 3 being?

Sorry mate, I didn't see anything better in the NFC. Packers wouldn't have got out of the AFC West.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
KC, Pitt and New England. The other 3 were garbage and again part of that is Oakland bad luck with Carr injury. Miami and Houston were clearly weak teams. In the NFC you had the crappy Lions but everyone else was legit.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Big statement by the Falcons. I expected them to put up quite a few points on the Green Bay D.... but expected the Packers O. to at least make a game of it.

The play of the game was that early fumble. Take the ball out of Rodgers hands and give it to fat white fullback. More genius from McCarthy. Packers wouldn't have won anyways but that turned it into a complete joke early on. The Atlanta defense is quick and they got a decent amount of pressure. They have a good chance in the SB against whoever, that offense is stacked

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
KC, Pitt and New England. The other 3 were garbage and again part of that is Oakland bad luck with Carr injury. Miami and Houston were clearly weak teams. In the NFC you had the crappy Lions but everyone else was legit.

Dolphins only got in the playoffs because they beat up on a bunch of extremely weak NFC teams. There are better teams in the AFC than them. Texans were legit. Best defense in the league this year... just no offense.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Texans were terrible man. 9 wins and only got in due to being in AFC south. They were the #10 scoring defense and had one of the worst offenses in football. But anyways it doesn't matter. The Pats are always amazing and nothing should be taken away from them, especially since they take every game seriously and almost always clinch the #1 seed year after year. Sometimes you'll get a scrub team that makes it to the 2nd round and that's happened a lot lately.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No worries mate. Just found Federberg's comment about the AFC being the poor relation being a bit silly seeing the AFC have generally dominated both the Superbowl and intra-conference matches over the last 20 years.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Should be a good one but who knows. The Pats look deadly on both sides of the ball. The Steelers didn't make the most of their opportunities and had the turnovers too but that's credit to New England too. Atlanta got a ton of pressure today and against a good offensive line but part of that is they knew the Packers were going to pass all game long. New England can run the ball well and Brady had all day today against a great front 7. Atlanta's offense is too good to be totally stopped but you got to favor New England as always.

I'd give my left nut for a team half as well run as New England. Just read that Rodgers is the first qb in NFL history to be in the playoffs in 6 straight years and not make the SB. The guy has 36 td's, 10 int's and is the top rated QB in postseason history and he's a part of that special ed stat. 6 straight weak seasons.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Should be a good one but who knows. The Pats look deadly on both sides of the ball. The Steelers didn't make the most of their opportunities and had the turnovers too but that's credit to New England too. Atlanta got a ton of pressure today and against a good offensive line but part of that is they knew the Packers were going to pass all game long. New England can run the ball well and Brady had all day today against a great front 7. Atlanta's offense is too good to be totally stopped but you got to favor New England as always.

I'd give my left nut for a team half as well run as New England. Just read that Rodgers is the first qb in NFL history to be in the playoffs in 6 straight years and not make the SB. The guy has 36 td's, 10 int's and is the top rated QB in postseason history and he's a part of that special ed stat. 6 straight weak seasons.

Pats got the rub of the green with a few calls too, but no change there. I fancy the Pats but this Falcons offense is top dollar.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't watch Undisputed today @Twisted. Skip is even more of a dick than usual. How GB having a sh1te defence means AR is at fault escapes me

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I don't watch that junk, just see some clips here and there. I expected as much anyways. Rodgers quietly did pretty damn well yesterday, the team left 10 points on the field the first 2 drives of the game with a missed chip shot FG and a fumble inside the Falcons 10 and then they only touched it a couple other times in the first half and one of the drives ended on a couple dropped passes. And the offensive line probably had its worst game of the year, not that it would've mattered much anyways.

I posted Rodgers' stats earlier but he is 9-7 in the playoffs and that is a very mediocre record that makes you think he's underperformed. But we are talking 36 TD's/ 10 Int's with over 280 yards/game and nearly a 100 QB rating. The Packers are averaging 28.6 PPG in the playoffs under Rodgers and have never had a game where they've scored under 20 which is pretty phenomenal over the course of 16 playoff games. They have now given up over 36 PPG in the 7 playoff losses including games of 51, 45, and 44. It's pretty damn tough to win those especially since all three have come on the road. But if this team had even an average defense one could argue they'd have been in position to win almost all the playoff games they've lost (and they were in position to win 4 of them but lost on the last play of the game)

He's had a couple bad games in the playoffs but every QB has had them, just check out Brady's game by game stats, he's had some disastrous games and usually the Pats have won anyways. Rodgers is the best there has been but everyone knows it is about those rings and if he doesn't get at least 1 more it does tarnish him a bit and we know the difference between best and greatest. But for those who watch what's going on with a keen eye, and those who actually look up stats you see an incredible player on a badly flawed team. He deserved a ton better

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Packers are bringing back everyone, the general manager (Thompson) the head coach (McCarthy) and defensive coordinator (Capers). Worst news I've seen in a long time. The Packers are sure to have another weak season with the three stooges in charge. This is the problem with having the team being publicly owned. There is no accountability whatsoever, Thompson is an empty suit and is just happy to make the playoffs year after year. And he doesn't care when the coaching staff and personnel are terrible. McCarthy is good friends with Capers and he doesn't care that the defense has given up an average of 36.3 ppg in the 7 playoff losses with Rodgers. I hate to wish bad things on people but this team would be better off if the three stooges had heart attacks. They've had the cancer for many years now and refuse to operate.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Been stewing the last few days... fuming that the Raiders are going to Vegas. Looked like Oakland and the Ronnie Lott consortium did finally have a viable deal at the death... but too late in the day. Owners vote 31-1 to let Mark Davis relocate the team. That's three NFL teams in 15 months that have shit on their local fanbases and skipped town.

I kind of get the Rams move... they were an LA team originally even though I don't think LA cares about them that much anyway.

The Chargers? Ridiculous move by Spanos taking them to LA too. I could have lived with the Raiders moving back to LA - even though I prefer Oakland... they had a ready made fanbase, it's part of their history and it's a big media market.

Apart from Vegas ponying up millions of public money - it's a bad long term move. Small population, not much of a metro, the 40th biggest media market in the US, transient population, no historical ties with the Raiders, tons of distractions for the players... The whole thing stinks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116