NFL 2016-2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep I remember that one. That was one of the greatest defenses ever but they had Trent Dilfer at QB so I figured it'd be a close game but the Ravens decked them.

We (Raiders) lost to them in the AFC Championship game that year. The defense was awesome, probably Top 3 of all time. That fat lump Tony Siragusa knocked Rich Gannon out of the game early and we couldn't move the ball. It was before I subscribed to Sky TV and there was no UK coverage outside Sky so I was listening to it on US Armed Forces Radio (a throwback to when I followed NFL in the early to mid 80s as a kid). Remember pacing up and down the living room getting increasingly pissed off... Mrs Britbox just didn't get it.

Reactions: DarthFed

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
haha! I was in boarding school. We all went crazy for this show! Great stuff :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Somehow I can stomach him more. His Lebron-worship aside he normally tries to make sense from a players perspective. Skip is just a clown

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Skip shouldn't even be on TV. His game of hating on over 50% of great athletes got old awhile ago. Sharpe can be over the top but in that segment I don't disagree with anything he said. Given the state of the AFC this year the Pats are probably in this game without Brady. With a scrub like Matt Cassel they went 11-5 in 2008 and they were 3-1 without Brady this year. 14-6 is a higher winning % than any team in the league over the past ten years aside from the Pats themselves. They'd have been 11-5 at worst with Jimmy G starting. Their only loss without Brady was with their banged up 3rd string QB.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Exactly! I thought the answer to that debate was so obvious

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There is absolutely zero question who is more valuable. Now that doesn't mean Rodgers is better than Brady but for the Packers to do well he has to play great. We've seen time and time again that the Pats can win in many different ways, it doesn't matter if Brady plays bad or not sometimes. The game he had on Saturday...if Rodgers plays like that in any playoff game the Packers lose. New England still won by 18 because they have a big time defense and other players stepped up on offense and special teams. And IMO, and pretty much everyone outside of the NE area, Rodgers is in fact better than Brady and everyone else when he is his usual self. I just hope that bad year + is behind him.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a case to be made that the Pats haven't really played too many tough games against high calibre QBs. I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers lay the hurt on them. Edelman stupidly gave them a cause to rally from Antonio Brown's nonsense

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
In Edelman's defense his words were taken out of context but it still wasn't that smart.

And you are right about the Pat's defense which is why I said they are highly overrated. The only real good QB they faced this year was Russell Wilson and he lit them up. The next best QBs this year is the likes of Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, and Palmer. None of them were any good this year. Overall the Pats had the easiest schedule in the league. Of course they are still great as always but those defensive stats are kind of misleading and I think we will see that over the next game or two.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pathetic showing and the end of another bad season. Everyone knew coming in you need to pressure Ryan and they come out and play soft. Awful defense and awful coaching is a bad combo. Rodgers comes out hot and then you run our slow fat white fullback who coughs up the ball. Badly outcoached and outplayed.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Special ed defense. And sadly after a 6th consecutive weak season they still won't fire anyone.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't wait to see McCarthy talk about this being a very successful season that fell short of their main goal and he will call Capers an excellent football coach.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is just a massive beatdown. I can only hope the Falcons do justice to the NFC. If they can deliver this sort of beat down to Brady then I won't mind. If the Steelers win, then I less bothered. Although I want the G-men to be the winningest team, so Atlanta would be my preference

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pitt is the winningest team in SB history with 6. Dallas and San Fran have 5, GB, Giants, and Pats have 4

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Pitt is the winningest team in SB history with 6. Dallas and San Fran have 5, GB, Giants, and Pats have 4

Yes I know. Hence my preference for the Falcons if it comes to it. I don't mind GB so much. Can't stand the Pats. Shit conference pads them a bit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116