New Member Welcomes

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Many great memories - best bit of getting older is the store of golden moments. I did see some of the famous Charlie Pasarell v Gonzales match in 1969. One of my favourite matches was Ivanisovic winning the championship after so many years. I also loved watching Pat Cash.

For me though the best times were the Laver years. There were so many wonderful Aussie players then and a real joy about the sport. Tennis has changed and improved in many ways but some of the sheer joy of sport has been lost.

Reactions: Billie

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I used to like to watch John McEnroe. I used to find his arguments with the ref entertaining.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Many great memories - best bit of getting older is the store of golden moments. I did see some of the famous Charlie Pasarell v Gonzales match in 1969. One of my favourite matches was Ivanisovic winning the championship after so many years. I also loved watching Pat Cash.

For me though the best times were the Laver years. There were so many wonderful Aussie players then and a real joy about the sport. Tennis has changed and improved in many ways but some of the sheer joy of sport has been lost.

Nice anecdotes @Mary - pleased to have you here.

Reactions: Mary

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I used to like to watch John McEnroe. I used to find his arguments with the ref entertaining.

McEnroe was a breath of fresh air! Wimbledon has always been a bit stuffy and elitist - it was good to see this challenged alongside some great tennis.

Reactions: britbox

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Definitely with his "You cannot be serious. That wasn't out, that was in".

arcticatlantic

Reactions
Hello there! I've barely gone a week without at least some tennis on my screens since Roland Garros, and I am definitely starting to bore people with how much I talk about tennis. Good to know there's a place to go! :D

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hello there! I've barely gone a week without at least some tennis on my screens since Roland Garros, and I am definitely starting to bore people with how much I talk about tennis. Good to know there's a place to go! :D
:lulz2: I have to say, that was my motivation for finding a tennis forum, too. Don't worry...we never tire of it here! :nono:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Welcome to all new members. Besides tennis we like other sports and have some friendly leagues, like NFL pick and pass. Everybody is welcome to participate!!!

Reactions: Andre10is
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Message Board Announcements & Poster Introductions 16