Network Issues

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The website was slow and intermittent yesterday (Sat 5th July) after the ladies final.

This was caused by a problem with the web hosts network being attacked and they stated:

We are experiencing a substantial DDOS attack across our network. Users may be seeing slow performance and/or sites totally down. We are mitigating this.

Hopefully, they have this sorted and disruption under control.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
login was a nightmare, after going through various versions of is that an o or an 0 or an O or is that an l or 1 or I..or do I include the fullstop at the end of my username or maybe I need to scream, finally I was putting in capital letters on my username, when to login I needed lower case..shame I didn't remember that 3 days ago.

it is a problem with other folk, maybe some of the vanished poasters give up trying after similar problems?. I finally logged in as "jesuslookslikeborg" when it was claimed "JesuslookslikeBorg" should've been typed in.

I may or may not have had to include the . at the end of my username.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hi JLB,

It doesn't matter if you sign in lower case or upper case, or a mixture - any combination will work.

You did sign up with a full stop (period) at the end of your username, so you would always need to add that. (I can remove it of you prefer).

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Hi JLB,

It doesn't matter if you sign in lower case or upper case, or a mixture - any combination will work.

You did sign up with a full stop (period) at the end of your username, so you would always need to add that. (I can remove it of you prefer).

please do remove the . full stop at the end of my username, thanks.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
britbox said:
Hi JLB,

You might be mistaken for others with the same name now.... :snigger

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
britbox said:
Hi JLB,

^ Ok, that's done.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
britbox said:
Hi JLB,

^ Ok, that's done.
I feel so much lighter when moving around the tennisfrontier site now that I don't have to lug around that really heavy full stop everywhere I go. :snigger