Mutua Madrid Open 2017 Clay Masters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
All I am seeing is what a tennis derelict Novak has become in a lot of your eyes, like its shameful to loose to Rafael, so DISRESPECTFUL..

Now if its miss Carol saying what I just wasted 15 mins reading the majority of you would be trying to tar and feather her.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Roger has no form on clay. You think he'll walk in straight off the street again and have a chance?

I sure do.

Sheesh, even you'll start to ask questions if that happens, bro... :popcorn

Not in the slightest. As many of the others are playing 5 tournaments in a row they'll be surely somewhat fatigued and ailing physically to some degree. Coming in fresh is the best option for Roger. He knows what he's doing and has been practicing with the balls they'll be using at RG. Ample practice against donkeys in the earlier rounds. He's going in not just to turn up as he's said himself.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem breaks, and will serve for the match

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
I sure do.

Not in the slightest. As many of the others are playing 5 tournaments in a row they'll be surely somewhat fatigued and ailing physically to some degree. Coming in fresh is the best option for Roger. He knows what he's doing and has been practicing with the balls they'll be using at RG. Ample practice against donkeys in the earlier rounds. He's going in not just to turn up as he's said himself.

He's practicing with the balls they use at RG? Well now I'm nervous! :laydownlaughing

Chill back and watch this bro, it's two blokes working hard, courtesy of the AP:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoUnLUIxDd0[/video]

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
atttomole said:
Thiem breaks, and will serve for the match

Good lad, to reach two clay court MS finals :clap

I hope it's a cracker tomorrow - the last day of Tennis Frontier. Vamos Rafa!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

He's practicing with the balls they use at RG? Well now I'm nervous! :laydownlaughing

Chill back and watch this bro, it's two blokes working hard, courtesy of the AP:

Yeah saw that earlier but not mad about the view of the court. Prefer this one :cool: Check the forehand at 1:37 that these 2 could only dream of hitting.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kJ0LMg5nI[/video]

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually the surface in Madrid has been fairly lousy, I reckon. Lots of bad bounces today. Nothing shockingly bad, but for this level of the game? Fairly lousy, I reckon...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

Yeah saw that earlier but not mad about the view of the court. Prefer this one :cool: Check the forehand at 1:37 that these 2 could only dream of hitting.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kJ0LMg5nI[/video]

Yeah, he doesn't appear to need any silly pre RG tune up..besides all he needs is that juiced up bh and his aggressive style of playing

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Watch and see. Do you honestly think Murray and Djokovic are looking good right now and would put money on either of them to go further than Federer? I sure as hell wouldn't.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watching Djokovic's level of play in 2017 reminded me of Nadal's level of play in 2015. In both cases, both players just can't seem to find consistencies on their game. One moment they are playing well, and in a split second, they start playing erratic.

The question for Djokovic is the same question Nadal was asked in 2015-2016, will he able to find consistency again? I would lean to say yes because all great players find a way to play at high level after a moment of decline. However, the difference between Djokovic and Nadal is that Nadal kept his whole team and always believed that he would play spectacular tennis once again.

As for Djokovic, he fired all the members of his team AND he is a father of two kids right now. So it will be hard for him to find his desire to be great again. It will be interesting to see on how he handle this decline both emotionally and physically...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
rafanoy1992 said:
Watching Djokovic's level of play in 2017 reminded me of Nadal's level of play in 2015. In both cases, both players just can't seem to find consistencies on their game. One moment they are playing well, and in a split second, they start playing erratic.

The question for Djokovic is the same question Nadal was asked in 2015-2016, will he able to find consistency again? I would lean to say yes because all great players find a way to play at high level after a moment of decline. However, the difference between Djokovic and Nadal is that Nadal kept his whole team and always believed that he would play spectacular tennis once again.

As for Djokovic, he fired all the members of his team AND he is a father of two kids right now. So it will be hard for him to find his desire to be great again. It will be interesting to see on how he handle this decline both emotionally and physically...

That's why few great players have families! It's such a distraction! For women it's more a problem since they are the one's giving birth! Their bodies change so much; Goolagong was as brittle as kindling after her daughter was born! Her comebacks were always short-lived even though her play was fine! Clijster and Court the only ones to really have families and still "bring it" OTTH! I wouldn't blame Nole if he dropped off the face of the map! As far as I'm concerned he's done more than enough to be thought of as 1 of the ATG's w/ his name all over the recordbks! :angel: :dodgy: :clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:

Jalena has only one kid. I wonder who is the mom of Novak's other kid. :puzzled

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
rafanoy1992 said:

Jalena has only one kid. I wonder who is the mom of Novak's other kid. :puzzled

I think I heard Jelena's expecting again! Not sure on due date! :nono :angel: :rolleyes: :clap - - - Nole's Blog - - - :popcorn

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't get to watch today's match. But, read through all the posts about it here and feel I did not miss much. But, I plan to be on board for the finals, which will probably be a more exciting match than the SF. In Barcelona, Thiem won just 5 games. My prediction is that he will do better than that here.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
I didn't get to watch today's match. But, read through all the posts about it here and feel I did not miss much. But, I plan to be on board for the finals, which will probably be a more exciting match than the SF. In Barcelona, Thiem won just 5 games. My prediction is that he will do better than that here.

We can only hope! "FEDAL" must be stopped if TENNIS IS to grow, live on, and prosper! :angel: :p :rolleyes:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the final will be closer than we expect, partly because I think rafa might suffer a wee hangover from the semi. It was a big win for him, and a great performance, and he might feel tired from it. I still fancy him to win though...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The final is at 6pm local time, which is 5pm here - which means I'll miss it. :cover

That's noon in NYC, for Carol!