Music - General

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Cinema and The Arts' started by britbox, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

lol Rihanna was pretty there, since she has those tattoos she looks kinda trashy.

From these pop/r&b singers my fav is Demi Lovato

Her song in the Mortal Instruments movie rocked hard!

2. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

Epic song with epic keyboardist

3. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

4. britbox

britbox Multiple Major Winner

Bit of JD who morphed into New Order after Ian Curtis' suicide.

Nekro likes this.
  5. britbox

OMD, very popular Liverpool based band who often fly under the radar when talking UK 80s music.

Love this tune.

Nekro likes this.
  6. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

Cool song and nice clip!!! :dance3: The singer sounds like the Alphaville singer and they're one of my fav 80s bands.... The music is very unique and relaxing:good:

7. britbox

Yeah, they had some good tunes out, got a bit "poppy" later on and one of the two founders left as he thought they got too commercial. The other guy (the lead singer Andy McCluskey) carried on for a bit on his own and then went on to produce and manage girl bands like Atomic Kitten later on.

8. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

9. britbox

The La's... Liverpool band of the late 80s, ealry 90s. Loved this particular tune. Once they hit commercial success, lead singer Lee Mavers spiralled into heroin addiction and they were no more. Bass guitarist John Power set up a band called Cast, who churned out some pretty good tunes later.

Nekro likes this.
  10. britbox

I'm keeping an eye on this band, not that I particularly like any of the tunes as yet, but they've got potential and are good musicians and decent singers. The guitarist with the T-shirt under the long sleeved shirt was my eldest sons best mate in Liverpool before we moved to Oz. A lad called Tom Shields. They're managed by Mick Jones (from the Clash) and have supported The Who, Blur and Paul Weller, already in their young careers.

Nekro likes this.
  11. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

^i love "There She Goes"

You mentioned Blur, Song 2 is very groovy.......

My fav Liverpool band is Carcass easily, especially their early material, which is dark and heavy and has the ancient power of Morbid Angel, like Reek of Putrefaction, and ofc all death metal fans know songs like Carneous Cacoffiny, and here's a short masterpiece every death metal fan recognizes at once even when woken up from his/her deepest sleep:

12. britbox

Cool. I'm not into death metal but know of the band. Pretty amazing the influence of Liverpool (and Manchester) on music over the years. Cities punching way above their weight.

13. britbox

Did you like any of Paul Weller's stuff? Solo, or The Jam, or the Style Council? I was a massive Jam fan when I was a kid. He was like, the last of the mods in the UK. "The modfather."

You'll have to forward the second one a bit.

Nekro likes this.
  14. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

Yes!!! They influenced many USA bands too, I hear them even in the Go-go's...

15. britbox

Always liked Belinda Carlise, had a bit of a crush one upon a time, but not seen that much from the Go-gos era. I like it, will check out some more.

I used to like Debbie Harry/Blondie stuff too. They did one of those retro tours down under recently. Cyndi Lauper was playing the same gig. Reports back from a couple of mates who went, were that Debbie's voice is shot... but Cyndi was superb.

Nekro likes this.
  16. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

They have many good songs, my favourites are Worlds Away and Fading Fast....... Fading Fast is a simple but very very powerful song, at last someone put the demo performed by Charlotte Caffey on youtube which is better than the studio version, i had this too on CD but don't know where.... Charlotte Caffey is a very great and deep artist!!!! she was a massive heroin addict... It's a very dreamy and dark song....

And here's my other fav, Worlds Away..... This one was written by Jane Wiedlin:

They have much more complex songs which are similarly good like Forget That Day.....

Love Blondie and Cyndi too

lol an interesting fact about the Go-go's: the band started off for real after a British tour with Madness... haha they said after that tour they went home to LA like beaten kitties cause they weren't used to the punk audience (their early music was more raw punk than pop) who were throwing even beer bottles at them, Belinda said there was even spittle hanging from her :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

#436 Nekro, May 18, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM
  17. Nekro

Nekro Masters Champion

This is the old school black metal i used to be into....The subgenre is not symphonic, obscure or whatever but actually the band members called it "narcotic black metal" Dreamy, spooky stuff, especially the ending part with the ghostly female vocals.....

Haha this music is about meditation and introversion, no technical stuff here.... lol drumming is cute, have to wait minutes for the snare to kick in :lulz1: Enjoy :skull::bat:

18. Moxie

Moxie Multiple Major Winner

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, RIP.

19. Hoergren

Hoergren Major Winner

I like Little Mix fromUK - best female band right now - latest single No more sad songs:

And from same album their #1 from november 2016 for which they got a Brit Awards for best single in 2016

Just finished their tour with Ariane Grande and has just started their own Glory Days tour which goes around the world and ends up in UK and Ireland in October and November - where it's sold out

Their second single from Glory days came out in January - Touch:

And a couple of their acoustic performances - here Love on the brain cover:

And here from the Live Lounge on the BBC a Whitney Houston cover with a choir:

And yes they can all sing

#439 Hoergren, May 22, 2017 at 4:14 PM
    Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 4:22 PM