3. Daniil Medvedev
4. Nikoloz Basilashvili
5. Gael Monfils
6. Milos Raonic
7. Felix Auger-Aliassime
8. Denis Shapovalov

bxu6ytl.jpg

The Tournament:

The MercedesCup, which made the switch from clay to grass from 2015, opens the extended grass-court swing alongside the Libema Open in 's-Hertogenbosch. The first edition of the tournament in Stuttgart was held in 1898, with Mercedes-Benz assuming the role of title sponsor in 1979. There's always an added incentive for ATP Tour players to win the tournament: the champion takes home a new Mercedes-Benz.

About Stuttgart:

Stuttgart is the capital and largest city of the German state of Baden-Württemberg. Stuttgart is located on the Neckar river in a fertile valley known locally as the "Stuttgart Cauldron." It lies an hour from the Swabian Jura and the Black Forest. Its urban area has a population of 609,219, making it the sixth largest city in Germany.

qD9lx6n.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I’m annoyed Fed isn’t playing here. He chose to be beaten by Nadal again on clay instead of going for his 102nd title. Not a smart decision.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m annoyed Fed isn’t playing here. He chose to be beaten by Nadal again on clay instead of going for his 102nd title. Not a smart decision.
Even if he'd skipped RG, do you think he'd be smart to play too much before Wimbledon? Plus, this is a fairly loaded draw, it seems to me.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

He must not have expected to make SF in Paris! It was unlikely he'd defend his grass title if he got far into the tourney! He acquired more points this past week and temporarily ranked higher @ #2 until Rafa beat him! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
He must not have expected to make SF in Paris! It was unlikely he'd defend his grass title if he got far into the tourney! He acquired more points this past week and temporarily ranked higher @ #2 until Rafa beat him!

His decision to not play Stuttgart was made and he announced it publicly before the start of RG. So, one can say that he expected to make a deep run at RG.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So much talks about Fed clay season, but I think he really made a good choice. His game is better than last year at this time. Skipping Stutgart is smart too. This draw is really loaded and there is no assurance he would win the event. One warm up 500 tourney is enough before Wimby given the fact that he played clay.

Reactions: Michael;Kiwi

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sruff beat shapo, FAA beat Gulbis, Brown beat Millman

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denis keeps bumping into Struff and keeps losing. This was more disappointing, because on grass I have higher expectations from him than on clay.
On another note, Struff trends upwards, no question.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios already out. Lost 3, 4 to Matteo Berrettini. Good thing he skipped RG and went straight to grass prep. SMH.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
lol! I think that Rafa "chose" to whup his ass..

Whether he played RG or not, I never wanted him to play Stuttgart so I'm happy. If he manages his schedule right 102 will come... in early July hopefully

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He must not have expected to make SF in Paris! It was unlikely he'd defend his grass title if he got far into the tourney! He acquired more points this past week and temporarily ranked higher @ #2 until Rafa beat him! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Semis was a worse result than round 1. The moron could have used the rest and instead he flails about and wastes energy before bending over for Nadal. He was never going to play this worthless tournament but now I want him to skip Halle.

Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Semis was a worse result than round 1. The moron could have used the rest and instead he flails about and wastes energy before bending over for Nadal. He was never going to play this worthless tournament but now I want him to skip Halle.

Doesn’t he have a lifetime contract to play there? I seem to remember hearing that a few years ago.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Doesn’t he have a lifetime contract to play there? I seem to remember hearing that a few years ago.

Yes, he has lifetime contract. However, I think it only means that he is prohibited from playing in some other tournaments during that week. He can always sit out by coming up with some lame excuse.

p.s. However, I am in favor of him playing Halle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Last year Dreddy did not even make it to MD of WImby. Hope he can get in this time.
He mostly just pops up in the grass season, but the guy is a corker when he's on. Sort of C-grade Gael Monfils.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios already out. Lost 3, 4 to Matteo Berrettini. Good thing he skipped RG and went straight to grass prep. SMH.
RG sucks....only grass maters....poor bad Nick