Madrid Tennis Prediction Challenge ATP

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1266841454_850215_0000000000_sumario_normal.jpg

A fun game where you score points for predicting the match results in the tennis tournaments. You pick the winners at the beginning of the tournament.

This takes as little as 10 minutes per bracket to play

Instructions

Video Tutorial Here:

Tennis Draw Challenge Instructions

or for a larger view:

https://discuss.tennis/tennisforum/index.php?media/tennis-draw-challenge-instructions-youtube.25/

In a nutshell...

If you aren't a member of the discuss.tennis website (the one you're reading - sign up - top right and then we can track your score), then...

1. Goto http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ and register a new account (if you haven't got an account already). Try and use the same username as you use on this (the discuss.tennis) website.

2. When you are registered, click the GROUP menu option (at the top) and join the Discuss.Tennis Group (we're near the top).

3. Then click BRACKET menu option at the top and you'll see the tournaments for either WTA or ATP. Click In the second column, you will see a "Make your picks now" link. Click on this to make your picks. You can toggle between ATP and WTA tournament listing by clicking the "WTA" and "ATP" buttons at the top.

You're playing for a place in the Hall of Fame! - https://discuss.tennis/tennisforum/pages/hall-of-fame/

Reactions: britbox

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I created an account called "RankingsOffset", and joined our discuss.tennis group with it. Along with my usual, bold and fantastic picks, I will fill the picks of this account following a simple rule: the higher ranked player always wins, so we can compare our score to this Offset (and lets hope some in our group actually beat it...).

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Done my normal ones, did it in a bit of a hurry. Need to update anyway after the qualifiers are defined.

Reactions: britbox

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I created an account called "RankingsOffset", and joined our discuss.tennis group with it. Along with my usual, bold and fantastic picks, I will fill the picks of this account following a simple rule: the higher ranked player always wins, so we can compare our score to this Offset (and lets hope some in our group actually beat it...).

Nice. That way we can also see who is super lame and just picks the higher player.

I did mine. I have a feeling I'm going to lose big time, as I can't myself from picking tons of upsets. Let's just say that none of the Big Five make it to my semifinals.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice. That way we can also see who is super lame and just picks the higher player.

I did mine. I have a feeling I'm going to lose big time, as I can't myself from picking tons of upsets. Let's just say that none of the Big Five make it to my semifinals.
I don't know if it's super-lame to pick the higher player if you can't see the upset. But, bold IS more fun, and I admire you for going brave. Can't wait to see. The qualifiers still are not listed, but you have until 9am in Madrid (3am EDT, 2am CDT, 8am GMT...in Australia, it's possible you've already missed the cut-off, as it's tomorrow there. :-)2 Sorry for the lame antipodean joke.) I went back in and changed a few picks. However, **SPOILER ALERT** I picked Nadal to win. :lol6:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
**SPOILER ALERT** I picked Nadal to win. :lol6:

Have you ever not picked Nadal to win (if he's playing) ;)

I actually picked him this time. I had to wrestle with the mouse for a few minutes but somehow managed to click it,

Reactions: mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Have you ever not picked Nadal to win (if he's playing) ;)

I actually picked him this time. I had to wrestle with the mouse for a few minutes but somehow managed to click it,
No, there is no draw challenge where I've picked against Rafa. To me, it's just about loyalty. Others can go for the glory of being right. I'm sticking with the one who brought me to the dance. In reality, like Carol, I wouldn't mind him going out early and taking a rest before the slog to Rome and RG. But, hey, in for a penny, in for a pound.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Let me register it while it lasts:

upload_2017-5-9_22-31-46.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry Mrzz...I meant to put that up so you didn't have to toot your own horn. Just to remember: there is a side-challenge between Britbox, Mrzz and me on this one.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Ugh. Cilic gifted breaks and Wawrinka turned off his brain to destroy my draw.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
there is a side-challenge between Britbox, Mrzz and me on this one.

upload_2017-5-11_8-23-10.png

There´s an expression in Portuguese for that: "Morrer abraçados" (something like "dying embraced").

In other news, just a few brave topping the RankingsOffset (but I guess more will join them as the tournament progresses).

upload_2017-5-11_8-27-0.png

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Don´t look now, Mrzz, but there´s two people following you all the time:

upload_2017-5-12_8-20-45.png