11. POUILLE, Lucas
12. BERDYCH, Tomas
13. SOCK, Jack
14. RAMOS-VIÑOLAS, Albert
15. CARREÑO BUSTA, Pablo
16. ZVEREV, Alexander

Foro-Italico-Tennis-Twitter-Internazionali-BNL-dItalia-800x537-800x537.jpg

The Tournament:

The Internazionali BNL d'Italia is widely considered the second most prestigious clay event after Roland Garros and the Premier tournament's roll of champions includes all time greats such as Rafael Nadal, Bjorn Borg, Guillermo Vilas, Adriano Pennetta, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.

Foro Italico in northern Rome, in 1935, where it has stayed for all but three years since. The tennis complex has 11 courts, including the 10,400-seater Centre Court.

About Rome:

Rome is the Eternal City, at once a great modern metropolis, and a living museum of 2000+ years of history. Its skyline includes the Colosseum, and St. Peter's Basilica. The best way to take it in, however, is by specific "bites." A great afternoon in Rome should include a prosecco in the Piazza del Pantheon, just taking in the centuries crashing against each other, and allowing time to contemplate that magnificent example of ancient architecture. Don't bother with the tour of the Forum, when you can overlook it from the Capitoline Hill. Look left from there, and you can see where Peter was held in chains. If you go in summer, there is opera at the Baths of Caracalla, free music in many churches, and open-air cinema. Rome is a vibrant city. You'll never see everything. The best thing to do is to accept La Dolce Vita romana, and let it wash over you.

italy496-rome-romanforum.jpg
pantheon-nightlife.jpg
ladolcevita.jpg

Tourism guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The draw for Rome is already out. No surprise, Fed did not take a last minute wild card. It is a rather boring draw with the projected quarterfinals almost the same as that in Madrid. Just interchange Milos and Thiem from the projected quarterfinals of Madrid, you get the projected quarterfinals of Rome.

Here are the projected quarterfinals.

Andy vs. Milos
Stan vs. Cilic
Thiem vs. Rafa
Nishikori vs. Novak

The only interesting thing is that JMDP is back, but plays against Grigor in the opening round.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I stickied this, although with the upcoming merger, I'm guessing a lot of these duplicate threads will disappear or be, well, merged.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishi just withdrew from Madrid. He will play Rome?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
10isfan said:
Nishi just withdrew from Madrid. He will play Rome?

He has chosen not to withdraw at this time. But, he can always give himself more time to see whether things (whatever the heck they are) improve. Being a seeded player, he does not have to play before Wednesday. That gives him 4 days of healing time.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori has a wrist injury. Can't imagine he will heal in four days. Djoke gets him again here after being gifted a walkover in Madrid. Lucky for Djoke.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
10isfan said:
Nishikori has a wrist injury. Can't imagine he will heal in four days. Djoke gets him again here after being gifted a walkover in Madrid. Lucky for Djoke.

I was disappointed with what little I saw of the match! I thought Nadal was ready to give it back to Djokovic with a BP when serving for it! Rafa hasn't been this intense in a while I guess and weathered the storm! Nole still has time, but time's running out! After 30 it begins to be a blur! :p :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
10isfan said:

Yeah, wrist injuries don't disappear overnight. Nishi has donated his body to science: they can have it while he's still alive, it'd be more interesting for them.

As for Nole, anyone think he enters Rome feeling better about himself after Madrid?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
10isfan said:

Yeah, wrist injuries don't disappear overnight. Nishi has donated his body to science: they can have it while he's still alive, it'd be more interesting for them.

As for Nole, anyone think he enters Rome feeling better about himself after Madrid?

:lolz::laydownlaughing:clap Same with Raonic. 2 walking disasters. In Raonic's case, barely able to walk most weeks actually :cover

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The draw:

L9ure30.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No easy ride for Murray: will likely get Fog and Sascha Zverev for his first two matches.
I debated Fognini in my draw challenge, but figured there's a decent chance Flavia will have her baby at any moment, too. But that's a tough one first few rounds. And the ever-unlucky Juan Martin del Potro gets Grigor Dimitrov first round. The man can't catch a break.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I missed the draw challenge - that window must have been really small. When I went on first, the bracket wasn't open and then just a few hours later it was closed. Only a handful of people got picks in. We'll get a big one going for Roland Garros.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I debated Fognini in my draw challenge, but figured there's a decent chance Flavia will have her baby at any moment, too. But that's a tough one first few rounds. And the ever-unlucky Juan Martin del Potro gets Grigor Dimitrov first round. The man can't catch a break.

Who do you go for? I'd take a punt on Del Potro.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
First winner Verdasco over D. Young 6-3, 6-3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who do you go for? I'd take a punt on Del Potro.
I wanted to go with Del Potro, but failed to close the deal. If I'm wrong, I won't be sorry.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Poor Seppi. He got a wild card into Rome, only to draw Rafa in his second match.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seppi was incredible against prime Djokovic at RG 2012 in the first 2 sets but then bottled it and lost in 5. He's no pushover when in full flight.