Chatroom

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We now have a live chatroom on the board. You might have noticed at the bottom of the page it shows the last comment in the chatroom. Just click on the green + symbol (bottom left) to join in chat.

This was set up mainly for live match chats but you can use it for anything really.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
vamos..good idea

ahem..2013 Champions League Final....The 58th edition of the Worlds premier club football competition,

F.C Bayern Munchen v Borussia Dortmund 7:45pm BST Wembley Stadium, London, England.

Bayern Munich, winners, 1974, 1975, 1976, 2001

Borussia Dortmund, winners, 1997.

the festival of fussball has begun....:clap:)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The chatbox function is great, britbox. Really adds another dimension to this great forum. Kudos to you, Sir.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Just one suggestion actually. It'd be cool if you could extend the word wrap on the chat to allow a little bit more to be typed per message.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
I prefer to read the matches being discussed on the thread . It gives us a sense of what happenned when we cant see it .

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ i get where you're coming from on this one, and personally, got to admit that i'm a bit torn. i love the functionality and quick pace of the chat, perfect for play by play calling. then again, i also liked when i'd miss a match away from the computer and went through the comments on here - it'd usually give me a better feel of the match than any of the journo recaps. what i try to do personally is use the chat for the quick play by play thoughts, and stuff that has more lasting substance goes into the thread.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I like going through the posts to get a sense of how things go down when I miss a match. Like today, I would have loved to go through the posts giving me the breakdown of Haas-Isner match...like reading a screenplay. But I go to the match day page, almost nothing...I kinda miss the old ways, nothing against the chat...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I like going through the posts to get a sense of how things go down when I miss a match. Like today, I would have loved to go through the posts giving me the breakdown of Haas-Isner match...like reading a screenplay. But I go to the match day page, almost nothing...I kinda miss the old ways, nothing against the chat...

The thing with the chat is that it isn't related to any single match, people have been talking about all manner of things on there - different sports, various matches at the same time. I'm sure more people will post general considerations on a thread once as we go deeper into the final week.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^I think this is right. I actually like the fact that we can talk about all matches, ATP and WTA, at once, too. It integrates the community. If someone missed a specific match, and wants a more detailed analysis, there's always someone to accommodate on the specific threads. I like the Chat Room a lot.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The chat is absolutely great, but I do agree we lose something with not being able to read back a match or read funny comments or something. I don't have a solution for the problem though, I think the advantages of the chat outweigh the loss. Perhaps people can just try to post on both. Like at the end of a set or something. But the jokes will be lost.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The only way to have both of them is if you could archive the chat thread daily and keep the archives through the end of each tournament.

Brit, Is it possible?

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Honestly is there a way to save the archives Brit ? I miss a lot of the matches and I dont get how the match felt . A description after it ended just doesnt have the same feeling really compared to the what you see actually in front of you . Also you can read archives also from years ago if its in a thread . You get a feeling about the classic matches

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tennisville said:
Honestly is there a way to save the archives Brit ? I miss a lot of the matches and I dont get how the match felt . A description after it ended just doesnt have the same feeling really compared to the what you see actually in front of you . Also you can read archives also from years ago if its in a thread . You get a feeling about the classic matches

I'll try and get something fixed up in time for Wimbledon.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We've taken the chat down after feedback and review. We might bring it back for specific big matches and then archive the comments in a thread.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the 'chat' on chat disappeared into the floating void..once it had gone offscreen,

a bit like the viddiprinter burping out the football results on grandstand.