Bruce Springsteen

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks britbox. It appears Bruce and the E Street Band have left out the powerhouse classic 'Born in the USA' from their playlist in this tour, not just Brisbane. But he still played a greater portion of his classics, such as 'The River' , 'Rosalita (Come Home Tonight)', 'Hungry Heart', etc, is that right ?

Here's a wonderful moment from their adelaide gig - an unrehearsed version of 'Brown eyed Girl' featuring Norton and the Honeymooners.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good on you britbox. Unusual soundboard recording with Bruce voice only on one channel. Think you will like this one ? Two f my faves are featured 'I'm on Fire' and 'Cover Me'. You know the ones?

Reactions: britbox

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
He was on for just over 3 hours with no breaks. Nah, we didn't shout out but people were holding up placards in the crowd for the favourite songs and he did oblige... I saw one for "Secret Garden" and thought "Yeah, I hope he sings that..." and it was the next one up. He's got the show down to a tee, great performer.

He didn't sing Born in the USA or Philadelphia, but I don't recall anyone holding those up... it was semi-impromptu on what the crowd wanted.

I like Steven Van Zandt too - he's a good wingman and showman in his own right.... and loved him in the Sopranos of course.

So glad you enjoyed it. He is great, I loved his UK show in the 80s. That was about 3 hours too. I remember everyone singing Trapped and Born to Run - Deafening!

Did you ever see Led Zepp? I live near Knebworth and their show there was fabulous.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So glad you enjoyed it. He is great, I loved his UK show in the 80s. That was about 3 hours too. I remember everyone singing Trapped and Born to Run - Deafening!

Did you ever see Led Zepp? I live near Knebworth and their show there was fabulous.

Never seen Led Zep, but still buzzing after the Boss a couple of days later.

Love this tune... one of his under the radar ballads... he played it at Brisbane.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox, you must download this. Bruce and the E Street Band 1980 December 31 Uniondale Concert . A tremendous Concert indeed. At 2hr:35 min Bruce ushers in the New Year in style (In the Midnight Hour).
The Boss for POTUS !

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bruce and the E STreet Band's melbourne show is on YT. Does a strong version of 'Murder Incorporated' (1:08).
'I'm on Fire' is nicely done here with the crowds singing the words, 'I'm on Fire'.

Hopefully the uploader will also put up the Brisbane concert that you and your wife seen.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
More Bruce and E Street Band. His Pittsburgh Show from January 16 2016. Features Bruce's tribute speech to David Bowie who died a week before and then follows it up with 'Rebel Rebel' - done with a touch of Class. You need to scroll thru to 2 hr:44 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Did you ever see the Rolling Stones live @Mary? Everyone I've spoke to says they are crock of shit live.

I saw the Hyde Park concert years and years ago when Jagger had the white dress - that really does date me! It was brilliant, they were great then but I think they should have quit at the top.

Best live concert I ever saw was Castle Donington Festival in the 80s. Wonderful atmosphere, Zizi Top, Meat Loaf and Whitesnake. Hearing Bat out of Hell as it just got dark and No Love in the Heart of the City with little campfires all over was superb - but the fleas were appalling!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Time for more Bruce and the E Street Band. This time Live in Paris, in 1985 , around the time he was riding high on the charts with his 'Born in the USA' phenom album and world tour follow up.

This is part 1 of 3.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey britbox. Great news! Some hardcore Bruce fan has uploaded the soundboard recording of the complete Brisbane 14 February show on YouTube -