Bruce Springsteen

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone seen the boss before live?

Just paid a king's ransom to get tickets to watch him in Brisbane in February 2017. Mrs Britbox is a massive fan... I kind of like his tunes. Reviews? @Robert Zimmerman , have you seen the boss?

Reactions: Vince Evert

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

Just paid a king's ransom to get tickets to watch him in Brisbane in February 2017. Mrs Britbox is a massive fan... I kind of like his tunes. Reviews? @Robert Zimmerman , have you seen the boss?

Saw him at Wembley, July 4 around 1986. Brilliant, sang Independance Day, Born in USA and Trapped. One of best concerts ever. Still have an old bootleg tape somewhere. Always loved his stuff. When I'm doing nasty jobs like oven cleaning I play Born to Run at top volume!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I'm a huge fan. Going to a concert of his is on my bucket list. I particularly like one of his lesser know albums 'Nebraska'

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
^I'm a huge fan. Going to a concert of his is on my bucket list. I particularly like one of his lesser know albums 'Nebraska'

I love Nebraska, quieter and more thoughtful. There is quite a range to his stuff. Is Clarence still with him? Greatest sax player ever.

You probably know but in case anyone has missed the Boss's biog comes out next week in the UK

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I love Nebraska, quieter and more thoughtful. There is quite a range to his stuff. Is Clarence still with him? Greatest sax player ever.

You probably know but in case anyone has missed the Boss's biog comes out next week in the UK
I actually didn't know. I'll look out for it thanks

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I am not a huge fan, but the old rockers always put a great show, so I am sure this will be great. Have fun BB!!!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Hey britbox just found your post as I was about to start up a new one.

The answer is yes I did, nearly three years ago. His second adelaide concert in feb 2014.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good on you britbox. Be sure to give us an objective review OK , LOL... Did you or your wife get a copy of his autobiography last year ?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Point Blank" Houston 1978 concert. Two years before Bruce cut a studio master -

Reactions: britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Early Bruce and the E Street band. Two years before they waxed the phenom 'Born to Run' album. Unusual to see him bearded and playing the piano. Enjoy -

Reactions: britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I look forward to britbox's detailed review of his Brisbane concert last night. Was it anything like the Adelaide show? Betcha he gave you your monies worth , LOL

This is that adelaide show from two weeks ago.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great show last night RZ. We were sitting behind the stage but looking right down on it. Good vantage point. Reeled off nearly all of his bigger hits - based often on what the crowd were asking for, including one of my low key faves - the ballad Secret Garden.

Great crowd interaction, getting a few on stage Courtney Cox style... also crowd surfing...

Great night. Ears were still ringing until 2pm this afternoon.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great show last night RZ. We were sitting behind the stage but looking right down on it. Good vantage point. Reeled off nearly all of his bigger hits - based often on what the crowd were asking for, including one of my low key faves - the ballad Secret Garden.

Great crowd interaction, getting a few on stage Courtney Cox style... also crowd surfing...

Great night. Ears were still ringing until 2pm this afternoon.
Did you or your wife yell out for him to do 'Point Blank' ? LOL. How long was he on the stage?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did you or your wife yell out for him to do 'Point Blank' ? LOL. How long was he on the stage?

He was on for just over 3 hours with no breaks. Nah, we didn't shout out but people were holding up placards in the crowd for the favourite songs and he did oblige... I saw one for "Secret Garden" and thought "Yeah, I hope he sings that..." and it was the next one up. He's got the show down to a tee, great performer.

He didn't sing Born in the USA or Philadelphia, but I don't recall anyone holding those up... it was semi-impromptu on what the crowd wanted.

I like Steven Van Zandt too - he's a good wingman and showman in his own right.... and loved him in the Sopranos of course.