Britbox

tented

Administrator
Reactions
With a heavy heart, I must announce that Britbox is leaving Tennis Frontier to focus on new projects. His last day will be this coming Friday (but he has promised he'll visit).

There would be no Tennis Frontier if it weren’t for Britbox. He created the site literally overnight when another was foundering. Our community was on the verge of being cast adrift, and he saved us. Since then, he has worked hard to improve every single aspect of the site — all on his own free time. Generous is too small a word for what he has done for us.

Please join me in wishing him farewell and good luck on his new endeavors.

Tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I totally concur. Britbox brought us all here, he built it with his own hands, and he's been incredible to the forum, and to me personally. He's a rare gentleman and I wish him all the best. I'm relieved he'll still pop in and post because he's always one I read.

Suggestion: can we name a forum on the site after him? Instead of "Off topic", say, "Britbox place" or something? I'm sure we could come up with a decent name, if it's agreed as an idea.

Good luck, buddy, don't lose touch and all the best in everything going forward. :clap :hug

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Count me in on anything honoring britbox. I knew he was very involved in this site, but not to such an extent. I've loved his humane and insightful posts on world events and culture as much as the tennis. He has some fabulous posts on the game and always has been one I look forward to reading. I pray he returns more often than is indicated. I know his avatar (who I thought was Antonio Banderas in a movie role) is a famous Welsh boxer (name escapes me) so, I would say God be with ye in Welsh if I could.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
shawnbm said:
I know his avatar (who I thought was Antonio Banderas in a movie role) is a famous Welsh boxer (name escapes me) so, I would say God be with ye in Welsh if I could.

His name is Joe Calzaghe and Joe's way of saying "God be with ye" was a left to the chin followed by a right to the temple, followed by stars and angels floating overhead in the spotlights...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
shawnbm said:
I know his avatar (who I thought was Antonio Banderas in a movie role) is a famous Welsh boxer (name escapes me) so, I would say God be with ye in Welsh if I could.

His name is Joe Calzaghe and Joe's way of saying "God be with ye" was a left to the chin followed by a right to the temple, followed by stars and angels floating overhead in the spotlights...

:laydownlaughing There's your send off, Britbox. Just when I worried it was turning into your Lifetime Achievement Oscar/Obit. Thank you for the site, the insight, and the 'stars and angels'. Don't be a stranger. :heart:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for the effort in saving the group of tennis enthusiasts - it's been a pleasure for me to be member of this site and I hope you'll visit us from time to time. Good luck with whatever you have intentions to do:clap

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
1972Murat said:
It will not be the same without Brit. Thanks for everything brother.

Agree with you Murat.
Brit will be missed.

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Brit is a real gentleman, nice human being and a great poster. All posters above said how brit is and the contribution he has made to establish this forum.
I personally have many PMs exchanges with him time to time and enjoyed it very much.
Brit wish you every success in your personal and professional life. I will be in touch.
Good luck again
Regards
Mog

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sad to hear. But britbox, does this mean you won't wander into the forums at all, or just not part of the team behind Tennis Frontier?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BritBox is a very Righteous fella , definitely someone who represents the "Good Side of the Force"! Much respect and honor towards BB. :clap

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I :heart: BB...an extremely witty and smart gentleman, both of extreme importance to me. Always enjoy your posts. I am sure you will be posting here from time to time. And I know you will always look for my "insightful" posts.

Cheers my darling!!!:hug

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry to hear that BB is leaving the TF team. :cry But, he got to do what he got to do.
My best wishes to him in his future endeavors.

I always found his posts to be providing a different perspective and often witty and
pithy. Hopefully, I will not miss them as I understand that he will continue participating
in the forum.

Thank you for creating TF and giving us a place to get together.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So I take it begging :please: is out of the question, huh?

Alrighty then. Godspeed and do promise not to totally disappear from TF. :D

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Thanks for the kind words guys! I won't go all Gwyneth Paltrow on you but.

That would be like Djokovic going all Sharapova. :nono

Cheers to you britbox for the ability to combine a vision along with the know-how to bring it to pass. You, tented and moxie have built something to be proud of. Enjoy your next endeavors and we'll look forward to you dropping in.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks britbox, and thanks for creating a forum that's so welcoming and fun to be on. Sad to hear you're leaving, but all the best, sir.

federer-gif-roger-federer-25160951-500-216.gif

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
BB did a great job getting this place started immediately after the sudden demise of other boards we posted on. And he has helped make it a great community covering tennis and various other topics a lot of us are interested in. Best of luck in the future endeavors and hope you will post more than once in a blue moon!