BBC reported to police by Facebook

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serious subject matter but had to laugh at this story...

http://mashable.com/2017/03/07/face...e/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#Ac0OMyvfsqq8

The BBC posted sexualised pictures of children on Facebook as part of an investigation into Facebook's content moderation. They then reported the images they posted to see what Facebook did. Facebook removed around 20% of them... and when the BBC asked Facebook for an interview, Facebook reported the BBC to the police for distributing images of child exploitation (which is illegal) to the National Crime Agency.

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

Serious subject matter but had to laugh at this story...

http://mashable.com/2017/03/07/face...e/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#Ac0OMyvfsqq8

The BBC posted sexualised pictures of children on Facebook as part of an investigation into Facebook's content moderation. They then reported the images they posted to see what Facebook did. Facebook removed around 20% of them... and when the BBC asked Facebook for an interview, Facebook reported the BBC to the police for distributing images of child exploitation (which is illegal) to the National Crime Agency.
lol that's a nasty story :p

There's a favourite vid of mine that i watched many times, for me it's funny for many reasons. BBC are very biased and they are big crap stirrers, it's obvious from this vid too.

I know this guy called Toroczkai from local politics, he's a big Christian activist, and a BBC reporter visited his village where he banned some islamic stuff like building mosques. The guy is just a christian but the reporter was trying to stir the convo always in the white supremacist direction, even though, as i said, i know this guy and he's not a white supremacist. But the reporter went there with a fixed agenda already before the interview.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^about the above video, @Nekro, the line is very fine... I agree that the people who made the video came in with the speech ready and would not change it no matter what he said.

What I mean is: contrary to what is becoming norm, I believe that a community has the prerogative to segregate itself from the rest of the world. I do not think it as a "sin" when one wants to preserve its traditions, or even, be away from other traditions. But I surely accept that it is very hard to achieve this without falling in to a classic prejudice/hatred speech. Amongst the various things that annoys me in PC-culture is the fact that it does not even allow a person or a community to try and achieve this.

By the way... Do you know the guy personally? Or from your local news sources?

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

^about the above video, @Nekro, the line is very fine... I agree that the people who made the video came in with the speech ready and would not change it no matter what he said.

What I mean is: contrary to what is becoming norm, I believe that a community has the prerogative to segregate itself from the rest of the world. I do not think it as a "sin" when one wants to preserve its traditions, or even, be away from other traditions. But I surely accept that it is very hard to achieve this without falling in to a classic prejudice/hatred speech. Amongst the various things that annoys me in PC-culture is the fact that it does not even allow a person or a community to try and achieve this.

By the way... Do you know the guy personally? Or from your local news sources?

I agree with you about the preservation of traditions...

I met him but he's not a close friend of mine or anything like that...

The PC culture is sinking very very fast, thank god, now i'm waiting for Merkel to be gone then we can make order here in Europe too.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Knowing that we highjacked the thread... two comments: beware when you want to "make order", that´s usually when the actual and real prejudice comes in. The political challenge I believe non-politician, non-political activist people face is to stand up against excess from one side without falling prey to excess from the other. When I said I find hard to segregate one self and preserve traditions without being a jerk, it is because I really almost never find someone who can actually do this.

Second, a question not a comment. So, based on your limited knowledge of the guy... what would he do if he found out that a black christian family moved to his community? Would he resort to violence? And if he were the boss of someone from such a family in a company nearby (but not in) his community? Would he treat him fairly? (I know those are tricky questions. Life is tricky).

Last edited:
N

Nekro

Knowing that we highjacked the thread... two comments: beware when you want to "make order", that´s usually when the actual and real prejudice comes in. The political challenge I believe non-politician, non-political activist people face is to stand up against excess from one side without falling prey to excess from the other. When I said I find hard to segregate one self and preserve traditions without being a jerk, it is because I really almost never find someone who can actually can do this.

Second, a question not a comment. So, based on your limited knowledge of the guy... what would he do if he found out that a black christian family moved to his community? Would he resort to violence? And if he were the boss of someone from such a family in a company nearby (but not it) his community? Would he treat him fairly? (I know those are tricky questions. Life is tricky).
Haha yes, but from BBC this report came to mind :D

I'm sure he wouldn't mind a black christian family. What he has problems with are radical elements of other cultures and things that are working against our Christian culture. Like people here wouldn't put up with those newly migrated Lybian, Tunesian, etc drug-pushers and crime gangs around Berlin parks and subways or people who are harassing women in Germany, France, etc for the non-muslim way of dressing or for just being non-muslim..... that's just a big no-no. I'm sure the German right will get rid of those people once Merkel is gone.

BTW in France there are problems similar to Germany, the sound is English:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The problem in Germany is the scale of immigration. It's really a numbers game. Controlled immigration can bring a lot of positives... but over 1 million immigrants of a different culture in a short space of time... that brings a lot of problems.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With regard to the original post, the BBC are probably the last organisation who should be pointing fingers about child exploitation... we saw it was rife in their own organisation with the Jimmy Saville scandal and a bunch of other cases where celebs were using their status to abuse right under the nose of the BBC.... and it was known about and covered up for a large degree.

N

Nekro

The problem in Germany is the scale of immigration. It's really a numbers game. Controlled immigration can bring a lot of positives... but over 1 million immigrants of a different culture in a short space of time... that brings a lot of problems.
Yes, the lack of control was very stupid. On the net many people from outside Europe are supporting this migration and bashing the Europeans for being racists. This has nothing to do with racism. Many of these migrants, especially from the 20-30 year old age group are incredibly aggressive and violent thugs, who knows who they were in their home countries, as the evidence shows many were jihadists, others could have been arms dealers or who knows what kinds of criminal thugs.... And the icing on the cake is that many are using islam as a flag, as again the evidence shows, no wonder many Europeans are turning against islam....

With regard to the original post, the BBC are probably the last organisation who should be pointing fingers about child exploitation... we saw it was rife in their own organisation with the Jimmy Saville scandal and a bunch of other cases where celebs were using their status to abuse right under the nose of the BBC.... and it was known about and covered up for a large degree.
I've seen many biased or outright incorrect things from BBC, now with the migrant crisis too, then there's Syria, their coverage was a bad circus, they are similar to CNN in that.

About those celebs and politicians who are into this child abuse thing, i don't know why the heck they're doing it, thank god here we had nothing similar yet... In Italy though there were child abuses cases, just look at Berlusconi.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
stand up against excess from one side without falling prey to excess from the other.

my word mrzz, the mainstream media has shown itself to be too biased with its agenda. Trump bashing from day one? utterly disgusting.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Australia too is facing similar problem, and its got questionable process of immigration control and filtering. You offload into place like Aust such huge number of refugees from places where stealing, robbing and killing is part of everyday norm, and in fact required skill for survival, its bound to cause problems for local residents that can't be solved.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
my word mrzz, the mainstream media has shown itself to be too biased with its agenda. Trump bashing from day one? utterly disgusting.

For sure I agree with that. I do not even call it "bias", as they are "mainstream" for a reason, and as such do represent a well established set of interests. So it is not "bias", is their agenda.

On the other hand, I do get why people (I mean, outside mainstream media) bashed Trump from day one. They already know his positions and everyone is entitled to state his opposition. What I do not like is the way this opposition is done (or at least the way I perceive it from here), creating a rhetoric that seems completely a) false, b) hypocritical, c) divisive.

But I personally think his is a clown too, even if I know that I should judge his policies and not his persona. So his first days in office seem a bit clumsy, but I still have not elements to make a proper judgment (even if surely you people in US might already).

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Really? Lately of course I could see that the BBC had its bias... but here in Brazil we always had this image of the BBC being some sort of icon of quality and honesty. I still unconsciously give it more credit than I rationally should. If you have the time to spare please share some bad things about them.