Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Card

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I was inspired to do this, since I did it for WTA.
If you all push me, there will be a late poll too!

Early pick!
I promise we won't haunt you if you pick wrong, you can change your mind later...I do all the time!

This is a fun Poll!
For this poll I am listing 10 choices, the top 9 and a bonus, I will make this poll private so no one can see who you voted for. Vote without consequence! Vote for your favorite. You can even pick more than one! Not exactly a scientific poll.
:cry

Who do you want to win?

Give me them votes.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kiu said:
I was inspired to do this, since I did it for WTA.
If you all push me, there will be a late poll too!

Early pick!
I promise we won't haunt you if you pick wrong, you can change your mind later...I do all the time!

This is a fun Poll!
For this poll I am listing 10 choices, the top 9 and a bonus, I will make this poll private so no one can see who you voted for. Vote without consequence! Vote for your favorite. You can even pick more than one! Not exactly a scientific poll.
:cry

Who do you want to win?

Give me them votes.

I still don't understand what the point is of a private poll. Aren't people going to post who they voted for anyway?

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
It's nice for a change, may be we get more voters that do not want to be identified.

If someone wants to tell us who they voted for, that's fine too.
Live with it tented!

1405171055393090517_o.jpg

I voted for Nole, I really like to see him get Rafa's hold of this slam loose.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I voted for 9 of the 10 options above. :cool:

p.s. just kidding. you can see from the count that I did not.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Totally confused. Should we vote for who we think will win or who we want to win?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
On what basis has anyone voted for a player other than Rafa Nadal to win RG?

I post this on the night before the Rome final and only one person has voted for Rafa, TWO for Nole, and one each for four other hopefuls.

Why? What's this based on? Sense of humour, stupid superstition or ridiculous, futile loyalty?

Help me out here... :huh:

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:

I post this on the night before the Rome final and only one person has voted for Rafa, TWO for Nole, and one each for four other hopefuls.

Why? What's this based on? Sense of humour, stupid superstition or ridiculous, futile loyalty?

Who do you want to win? That's what the poll is asking. I want Andy to win. I think Rafa will win.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
It's nice for a change, may be we get more voters that do not want to be identified.

Live with it tented!

After making a blind poll, you identified your choice. I find that curious. What is the point of a completely blind poll? So that people can punch buttons without fear of ridicule? If we can't talk about our choices, and defend and debate them, why do we make a poll, or have a conversation about it? If someone wants to vote anonymously, then why would they even bother? It doesn't affect the outcome of the match.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Kiu said:

Live with it tented!

After making a blind poll, you identified your choice. I find that curious. What is the point of a completely blind poll? So that people can punch buttons without fear of ridicule? If we can't talk about our choices, and defend and debate them, why do we make a poll, or have a conversation about it? If someone wants to vote anonymously, then why would they even bother? It doesn't affect the outcome of the match.
Moxie, nothing affects the outcome of the match...should we stop posting?

What if you wanted to vote Nole?
Or Nehmeth wanted Rafa...
:s

I chose to reveal mine but others don't have to.

Judging by the votes, I was right, not many want Rafa to win it anymore...
I bet Nole gets more votes than anybody else!

Now, would that be the case with a conventional vote?

You all can't digest fun? Does it always have to make sense?

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Kieran said:

Hello!!
Haven't you wish for anything?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
Moxie629 said:
Kiu said:

Live with it tented!

Moxie, nothing affects the outcome of the match...should we stop posting?

What if you wanted to vote Nole?
Or Nehmeth wanted Rafa...
:s

I chose to reveal mine but others don't have to.

You all can't digest fun? Does it always have to make sense?

If I want to vote Nole I will (#whenHellfreezesover), and nehmeth has no fear of voting Rafa…he does, at times (#morefairpersonthanIam.) I don't see how that makes a private poll more attractive to users. It's still fun, and I don't think it all has to make sense, so there we agree. :)

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Tomic will win RG without droppin' a set.

607908-bernard-tomic-in-orange-bmw.jpg

But seriously, other than Rafa I'll go with Djokovic and then Wawrinka.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hi Kiu! I was surprised to see people having such trouble with your poll . You were clear when you wrote - Who do you want to win?

And thank you for the privacy option, but I'm happy to share:

I want to see Novak Djokovic win the French Open. I want him to beat Rafael Nadal in the final. And I want it to be a quick, surgical three sets - much like sets two and three of Rome. A five set win, is okay, but I might die of a heart attack riding the Nolecoaster for that long again. So a quick three.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Hi Kiu! I was surprised to see people having such trouble with your poll . You were clear when you wrote - Who do you want to win?

I want to see Novak Djokovic win the French Open. I want him to beat Rafael Nadal in the final. And I want it to be a quick, surgical three sets - much like sets two and three of Rome. A five set win, is okay, but I might die of a heart attack riding the Nolecoaster for that long again. So a quick three.

Nice post, nehmeth, but, even while thanking for the privacy option, you share your choice. Even Kiu did. I think only GSM didn't. (Or me, but mine was Rafa, you'll all be fainting with shock to hear.) It will be an interesting experiment to see if the poll generates loads of votes from people who don't want to back up their picks in conversation, I guess. Otherwise, I don't get the point of a private poll. Are we that punitive when someone picks wrongly?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Are we that punitive when someone picks wrongly?

You voted for Rafa to win Rome, and you're still alive ... so ... no. ;)

I still don't get the privacy option, either. This isn't a Presidential election or the government census. It's just a bunch of tennis fans picking who they want to win RG -- with the majority saying who they voted for anyway.

[Did I mention I voted for Rafa?]

Also, full disclosure: the admins and mods can see who everyone voted for.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:

Nice post, nehmeth, but, even while thanking for the privacy option, you share your choice.

Really? That must have slipped my mind. Oh, no it didn't. :snigger

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
Tomic will win RG without droppin' a set.

While Raonic and Dimitrov are moving up the ladder, poor Bernie is down to 81 in the world. He failed to qualify for Madrid and I believe he's playing Nice? Matt does he have a coach (other than his father) now?