2017 ATP General News

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I take vacation days lol. Off all next week and going to Riga where my wife is from. I don't believe in the idea of taking sick days because you can. I think it's dishonest and lame. If you're not sick, you shouldn't take them 'cos what happens is you get landed with the work of some work colleague who couldn't be bothered going to work and end up doing 3 people's work instead. Not right.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
During the broadcast of IW´s final, commentators were talking about Soderling and one of them said he was seen on some University in Florida practicing for an ATP comeback.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ That would really be something if it's true. He's looking around the tour and sees the disarray. He's thinking if Andy the pusher can win slams and be #1, why not me?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
^ That would really be something if it's true. He's looking around the tour and sees the disarray. He's thinking if Andy the pusher can win slams and be #1, why not me?

In WTA, after seeing Kim coming back and succeeding, Justine also came back, but could not do anything.

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:

In WTA, after seeing Kim coming back and succeeding, Justine also came back, but could not do anything.

Haha, so true! We watched the Serena-Henin match in Miami live in 2008 when Serena bagelled Justine in the second set; Henin retired shortly afterwards while still ranked #1.

I remember some stupid reporter (can't remember where, and can't find it right now) asking Federer whether maybe that was the right thing to do and whether he was thinking about doing it too! I hope that idiot feels very, very stupid now, 9 years later and Fed is still going strong ...

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
mrzz said:
During the broadcast of IW´s final, commentators were talking about Soderling and one of them said he was seen on some University in Florida practicing for an ATP comeback.

is it a joke ? he's retired for ages and his famous "come back" nevers happened...so in 2017 ? i don't buy that even if I liked him a lot

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
isabelle said:
is it a joke ? he's retired for ages and his famous "come back" nevers happened...so in 2017 ? i don't buy that even if I liked him a lot

Not a joke (at least from my part).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
mightyjeditribble said:
GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:

Haha, so true! We watched the Serena-Henin match in Miami live in 2008 when Serena bagelled Justine in the second set; Henin retired shortly afterwards while still ranked #1.

I remember some stupid reporter (can't remember where, and can't find it right now) asking Federer whether maybe that was the right thing to do and whether he was thinking about doing it too! I hope that idiot feels very, very stupid now, 9 years later and Fed is still going strong ...
Refresh my memory..Did Henin retire or comeback from an injury

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
mightyjeditribble said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Henin retired when she was #1. After few years when she saw that Kim could come out of child birth and win USO, Justine came back from retirement, but was unsuccessful and folded again soon.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
mightyjeditribble said:

Henin retired when she was #1. After few years when she saw that Kim could come out of child birth and win USO, Justine came back from retirement, but was unsuccessful and folded again soon.
Thanks GSM..I recall Henin 2.0 now

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
She apparently retired due to an elbow injury after the comeback but there were strong allegations of a failed test.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray in doubt for DC tie vs France (tennis elbow)

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Front242 said:
She apparently retired due to an elbow injury after the comeback but there were strong allegations of a failed test.

I wonder what could "strong allegations" actually mean (you know I am asking this purely out of curiosity, not to dispute your post).

[Edit]: P.S. Forget it (it is WTA, I don´t care).

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats Tsonga!!!

https://twitter.com/tsonga7/status/845205316262342656/photo/1