2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by kskate2, Apr 15, 2017.

1. kskate2

kskate2 Administrator

So Darth will absolutely cringe next year when Bos is back in the playoffs again and w/ the #1 pick. It appears this team won't be going anywhere anytime soon. :nono:

2. DarthFed

DarthFed Grand Slam Champion

They can make the playoffs all they want, just don't want them winning titles. And the East is quietly on the rise, Milwaukee and the 76ers should be forces in the coming years too. Celtics problem figures to be a lack of a mega-superstar. That annoying ass rat Isaiah Thomas is not one. It would likely take at least a few years for even their #1 pick to mold into one.

3. britbox

britbox Multiple Major Winner

Don't follow NBA much, but seems weird with the Lakers being such a bad team.

4. kskate2

kskate2 Administrator

You know the Pop teams really didn't have superstars either. They are normally comprised of role players and couple of well drafted/traded positions. Pop can take some really ordinary players and make them look like ballers in his system. I don't see this happening w/ Bos though. Besides, even if Bos somehow gets past the Lebrons, you think they could take out the Dubs or the Spurs to win a title? o_O Not happening this year or next.

As far as the #1 pick, it all depends on how good he is. Remember when Rose and the Brow first came into the league? They had an immediate impact on their teams still being wet behind the ears.

5. DarthFed

Duncan was definitely a superstar for the first 3 and I'd say Parker was or at least darn close for a couple of them too. The last ring was the coming out party for Leonard too. But I get your point, Pops is an awesome coach, one of the best of all time for sure.

And yes there are a few rookies that are superstars by the 2nd year, MJ, LeBron, Wade, Shaq and probably a few others in forgetting but it's rare. Hopefully the Celtics don't get one.

#165 DarthFed, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 11:21 AM
  6. Murat Baslamisli

Murat Baslamisli Grand Slam Champion

Has there ever been a final where both teams arrived unbeaten? This year might be it...

7. DarthFed

Boston trying to make this a game heading into the 4th and the Cavs have had bigger chokes this year

8. kskate2

kskate2 Administrator

no choking happening in this one Darth

DarthFed likes this.
  9. the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher Grand Slam Champion

BB..the worst team gets the best odds in the NBA lottery ping pong picks..feel me

10. DarthFed

I hear you but the Lakers have now been bottom feeders for 3 years. They will likely stink for at least two more

11. DarthFed

I'm shocked LeBron didn't get hurt on that one play where he jumped what seemed to be a couple hundred feet in the air and came down awkwardly on his foot. An injury to him is probably Boston's only hope now.

12. DarthFed

That definitely has never happened. I think the 2001 Lakers were the only ones to go undefeated up until the finals. They almost swept Philly too but lost a double OT game

13. kskate2

kskate2 Administrator

yeah, I saw that play and was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered who it was and put that thought completely out of my nuggin. This guy is built like a tank and has performed more daredevil crap that didn't land him in traction, so...

14. DarthFed

True, shocked is the wrong word as the guy never gets hurt but it's incredible on plays like that.

If he wasn't playing bball he could've switched to the NFL and been a HOF player there in his sleep. Imagine him at tight end, any reason to think he wouldn't have been the best tight end ever with that build and athleticism?

15. the AntiPusher

That's by far the worst playoff game I have ever watched for two minutes..I would hope Steve Kerr would be able to return to the bench during the finals..something about Mike Brown that makes me question if he really understands the time of the game when adjustments need to be made

16. DarthFed

I only saw the last few minutes of the first half. I'm glad Boston is getting destroyed I just hope they don't start playing dirty. And the last play was one of the funniest sequences due to our good friend Marv Albert.

Cleveland up 39 and the record deficit at the half was 40, and after Love missed a 3 with 2 seconds left, JR smith gets the rebound but his back was facing the hoop. Albert says "so they won't set the record" and at that moment Smith basically chucks it after doing a crazy turnaround and it falls in for 41 point deficit and the record :lol6:. Curse of Marv was glorious, Reggie Miller sounded like he was going to slap him after that.

the AntiPusher likes this.
  17. the AntiPusher

The NBA has got to do some realignment..put the Spurs in the EAST..if not it will be a very boring 3-5 more years..

You could combine..the pacers, wizards, Celtics top two players and Lebron would still destroy those weak sisters

18. DarthFed

Well I actually think the power has started to shift a bit and is now a little more neutral than a few years ago. Clearly the Spurs are the 3rd best team in the league and this year you'd probably have Houston #4 (though they overachieved and would've caused Cleveland no problems IMO). After that it's pretty well balanced now and with teams like Bucks, 76ers, and Celtics on the rise there may be more of a shift in the next year or two.

If KD had come to Boston or Washington I think the East would probably be just as good as the West right now. He took the easy route, joining the best team possible and not having to face Lebron 4 times a year and earlier in the playoffs. Players at this point may look at the East and say "yeah they are weak overall but Lebron is there and he is still far and away the best player in the world"

19. the AntiPusher

Nah..The wizards, raptors and Celtics were on the rise and they can barely win a quarter of a NBA versus Lebron. If Washington or Milwaukee was in the Celtics position right now, the results would most likely be very similar.

20. the AntiPusher

Boston can't win a title with a 5-8 guy being your MVP..That tells me that all the bigger guy are just collecting pay checks