2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ It ain't a comeback if you don't win. They only made it semi-interesting after not showing up on their homecourt.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't be surprised whatever the Bulls do. They were correct about letting Drose go but I have a feeling he will return. They need to load up with free agents that can shoot the ball with accuracy. This cast of bozos' skill level is barely above the advance DLevel . Who looses looses 4straight games,afterwards stealing the first two games on the road in the playoffs. The fans should quit showing up, Jordan isn't gonna return..it would be more prudent of them to go buy old MJ games via DVDs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Doc is gonna loose his VP gig with the clippers...really I would prefer he got fired..comeback home to chicago, ole ugly Jerry fire Pax..Gar and Fred but it ain't gonna happen until Jerry gives up the team..he should he hasn't won anything in almost 20 years and he lucked into gettin Jordan with Rod Thorn as team Prez

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to admit I'm shocked how the Spurs are playing so far. They got lucky in avoiding a game 7 vs. Memphis and now they got absolutely decked in game 1 at home vs. Houston. Before the playoffs started I'd say SA easily wins this series in 5 or 6 but now...who knows.

Cleveland and LBJ got 8 days off, that is crazy. Sometimes teams get too rusty but they came out strong. I think Toronto, though a clear underdog, still has the best chance of knocking them off before the finals but obviously game 2 is a must win for them.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
LA has contributed nothing during the playoffs this year for Spurs. In fact, he's been a liability on the other end of the floor w/ his sorry defense. It took Parker a few games to get going, but once he did it came down to him and Kawhi doing all the heavy lifting and that's a lot of pressure to put on 2 players when other more than capable players (Green, Mills, Manu, Lee, Alridge, etc.) should be helping but aren't.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Boston about to go up 2-0 after the Wiz blew another big lead. Though this one was a game the zebras really helped out the home team. I'm ok with any team winning the title except Boston. They are obviously going to make the ECF now but whoever they play should take them out. F them.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Spurs level the series, but suffer a big loss w/ Parker who ruptures left quad and is out for the season. I don't see SA winning this series w/o him. So I guess it will be Rockets/Dubs for the WCF and even then the Dubs will play for the chip.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn, I heard he was carried off the court but didn't know it was that bad. How the hell do you rupture a quad anyways? That sounds awful.

I think you should halt the brakes on declaring Houston the winner KS. If it comes back 2-2 the Spurs will find a way to win the series.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Even if they somehow get past Houston, they will get mauled against GS w/o a formidable PG.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Even if they somehow get past Houston, they will get mauled against GS w/o a formidable PG.

They would get mauled regardless. They couldn't even handle the Thunder with Durant there, no chance vs. Golden State.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
If Raps win one game , I will be happy. Bron is playing at such a high level.
Maybe tonight, some home cooking and all...

Lowry being injured and possibly missing the game is a huge blow. If he can play and contribute they have a decent chance these two games. Most likely it heads back 3-1 which would be game over but this could play out like last season.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
1972Murat said:
If Raps win one game , I will be happy. Bron is playing at such a high level.
Maybe tonight, some home cooking and all...

Lowry being injured and possibly missing the game is a huge blow. If he can play and contribute they have a decent chance these two games. Most likely it heads back 3-1 which would be game over but this could play out like last season.

Lowry is active but did not play the first half and Raps have a tiny lead. They are slowing the Cavs down a bit. We'll see how it goes.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lebron is just playing too well. If he's doing this he is better than the rest of the East by himself. I figured this could be a war but it's been a blowout so far. Tough to see it even going back to Cleveland now. I'm hoping the Wizards come back, if they take game 4 that series looks like a tossup.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Still am pretty shocked Cleveland took apart Toronto so badly. The scariest thing about Lebron right now is that Toronto is probably the team best geared to slow him aside from the Spurs. They have a solid perimeter defender in Carroll, and then Ibaka and some good size down low but it didn't matter. Boston, Washington and GS have zero prayer of controlling him right now IMO. Of course GS could still beat him in a series but it's going to be in shootouts if they do.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Also coming into this round I figured we'd have 2 good series but that one of them would be Cleveland-Toronto. I thought SA-Houston would be a mini-dud and of course Golden State would easily take out Utah. SA-Houston and Boston-Washington are good solid matchups so far, just not producing any close games aside from game 2 of the latter. Definitely hoping for Washington to take that series, they are the more talented and exciting team. Wall is one of those guys that can fall asleep a bit during the regular season but he's bringing it in the playoffs and he is very fun to watch. A magician with the ball at times.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Raps had zero answer to what Cavs were doing. Could not defend the 3 pointer (and could not make one when it was their turn) , had no answer for Bron...They needed Kyle at his best and they did not even have him at all in the last two games. And even his best would not have cut it because the supporting cast that played well all year disappeared. Guys like Carrol and Patterson did absolutely nothing when they were called. Could not make an open shot. On the other hand, the supporting cast of the Cavs never let the team down when their names were called. Korver was awesome.
Cavs will be awfully tough to beat 4 times...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228
britbox Other Sports 76