2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's that time of year again. Let's put all the playoff news and talk here.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Lebrons aren't looking that good this year. They squeak by with a one-point win over Indy in game 1.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
kskate2 said:
Murat,

Will your boys get to Round 2 this year?

I hope so. They lost the first home game again though. I think this is 5 years in a row they have lost the opening game at home. They got the taste of the Eastern finals last year, so they will want it again . Bucks are a good team though. Will not be easy.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Murat,

Will your boys get to Round 2 this year?

I sure hope not. It'd be nice to see my young Bucks rise up. Despite the win yesterday I think the Raps take this series but maybe it goes 7 now. Toronto is very well-rounded and I don't expect them to be so flat from here on out.

If Lowry wasn't hurt much of this year they'd have ran away with the 1 seed and would've had a serious chance of winning the East. Cleveland is seriously vulnerable, that's one hell of a switch they need to flip on. Toronto's problem is that they lack a superstar, they have many very good players but no superstars. That's the one advantage the Bucks have over them. Giannis is a monster but I don't think it will be enough to win this series.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The home teams went 5-3 this weekend. Bulls winning game 1 over the #1 seed is probably the biggest upset of the weekend. Too bad about I.T's sister. It couldn't be easy to play w/ all that on his mind.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The playoffs started this past weekend and there's already been a couple surprises over the weekend in the East with my Bucks winning in Toronto and the Bulls winning in Boston.

Out West there was maybe a minor upset with the Jazz winning in LA but that series figured to be a tossup.

For the first round I figured the Bulls-Celtics would be a heck of a series which you really never say with a 1 vs. 8 matchup but the Bulls came in hot and the Celts are probably the worst #1 seed I've ever seen. After yesterday it really feels like a tossup. Despite the big win by the Bucks on Saturday I still think Toronto takes it in 5 or 6 but I'm glad to see that Milwaukee is probably going to make this an interesting series. With Lowry back the Raps are healthy and they are very well-rounded now with the additions of Ibaka and Tucker. Very tough defensively, solid rebounding, good shooters and guys who can get to the hole.

If Lowry wasn't hurt so much this year they'd have been the #1 seed with a serious chance of making the finals IMO. And the reason I say that is Cleveland is way more vulnerable. Their defense sucks and Lebron is a part of that defensive problem. He played a lot of minutes and he had to concentrate a lot more on offense to try to help Cavs win a bunch of shootouts. With his mileage there's no way he can still be a lock down defender while dominating on offense. It will be interesting to see what kind of switch they can flip and whether or not it will be enough.

Out West there is no drama. The Spurs are great as always but there's no way they beat Golden State especially now that Durant is on the team. I think Durant is the only player they really have no answer for, just too great of a scorer even for Leonard and co. to handle and obviously there are plenty of other scoring threats. If it's Golden State vs. anyone but Cleveland it is a barbecue. If it's Golden State vs. Cleveland and the latter shows that the regular season was ALL about coasting then it will be a good series but Warriors still take it.

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd say Milwaukee over Toronto would be a bigger upset in round 1 than Bulls over Celtics. Bulls have experience and plenty of star power. The Bucks are very talented but young, and even though Giannis is probably the 2nd best player in the East there isn't much scoring aside from him.

I also think seedings be damned in the East this year, the Raps, Wizards and Cavs are better than the C's and would win a series vs. them.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
But I actually expected Bucks to get a game in Toronto. To me this is a matchup issue for th Raps. Who on that team can stop the Greek Freak?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
With Carroll and the guys inside they actually figure to be one of the teams best equipped to slow him. Still easier said than done though and I think for the Bucks to win in this series he is going to have to go off at least 3 more times.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
With Carroll and the guys inside they actually figure to be one of the teams best equipped to slow him. Still easier said than done though and I think for the Bucks to win in this series he is going to have to go off at least 3 more times.

Raps were good at finding solutions all year. But honestly, I did not want this match up. I like the Bucks and the Greek is so much fun to watch. I am hoping for an exciting series.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like it was a good game and the Bucks had chances, just shot the ball a little too poorly. Sticking close on the road with Giannis only going 9-24. I still think it comes back to Toronto 2-2 or even 3-1 for the Raps.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bulls are hot at the right time and the Celts simply aren't that good. They overachieved all year and worked hard for the top seed, maybe too hard. Bulls have more talent, more experience, and the hotter hand.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Celtics aren't big enough. Lopez is clowning them and they have no one to answer that riddle. They spend all that time trying to double Butler, but they are getting killed inside the perimeter by Wade and the role players.

I'm glad the Raps righted the ship, but this game was still too close for comfort. Bucks have a really good chance to win both games at home. Let's see what happens.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Why are you hating on my baby Bucks KS? They've been irrelevant for so long!

I seriously doubt they take both at home. The Raps are much more talented IMO. Once Giannis gets a reliable jumper the Bucks will be a load to handle and he will probably be a top 3 player in the league in the coming years.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm not hating on them. I really do believe they have a good chance at both games. Hell, they almost won last night. That's my point in all this.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Incredible defense and obviously the Raps are missing some easy shots and have been flat all around. I'm glad they've kept it even in the 3rd qtr, just look at Cleveland-Indy. The pacers blew a 25 point halftime lead after LeBron went apesh*t

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228
britbox Other Sports 76