Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another fact is that IGA is the youngest player to win 20 titles since Caroline Wozniacki in 2012 - so the poles are ruling - oh yes I know Caroline is Danisn but both her parents are from Poland. Stats are always nice to play around with. So Rome is next?

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA is not very confident at the moment.I hope they give us a good match .I think big hair is going to win because he is playing better.
Yes ma'am I know we most likely will get Always a tournament bridesmaid Felix today.

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Another fact is that IGA is the youngest player to win 20 titles since Caroline Wozniacki in 2012 - so the poles are ruling - oh yes I know Caroline is Danisn but both her parents are from Poland. Stats are always nice to play around with. So Rome is next?
IGA may have the best footwork I have seen since young Rafa and Novak..Coco still needs to clean up her because hers is in the same zip code

Reactions: Fiero425

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
IGA may have the best footwork I have seen since young Rafa and Novak..Coco still needs to clean up her because hers is in the same zip code
Coco is just not where Iga is,she might need time to catch up.This year she seems lazy and is focused on signing on the dotted line.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco is just not where Iga is,she might need time to catch up.This year she seems lazy and is focused on signing on the dotted line.
Coco and her team had to get her serve under control for starters, serving up 17 DFs in a match is just poor, and again her fhand is weak, Coco hasnt played well since the AO this year, forget about catching up to Iga, she needs to concentrate on her own game for starters, and get these glaring faults in her game under control

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Spanish Players Sara Sorribes and Cristina Busca for winning the Ladies Doubles Title in Madrid, it was their first tournament together, defeating the No 6 seeds Barbora Krejcikova/ Laura Siegemund 60 62

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congratulations to Spanish Players Sara Sorribes and Cristina Busca for winning the Ladies Doubles Title in Madrid, it was their first tournament together, defeating the No 6 seeds Barbora Krejcikova/ Laura Siegemund 60 62
What happened to Krejcikova and Siniakova.They were a formidable team.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought that the women's final in Madrid was stunningly good. Out-shone the men's by a mile.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought that the women's final in Madrid was stunningly good. Out-shone the men's by a mile.
Agree, it was the best WTA final match so far, this season, tennis was the winner, sad there had to be a loser, yep outshone the mens by miles:)

Reactions: Moxie