BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Disagreement/inappropriate posts
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
Disagreement/inappropriate posts
I'm posting this in response to a few posts I've seen which claim not all opinions are welcome here, plus some posts which have had name-calling and personal attacks ...

All opinions are welcome on these boards, as long as they're expressed in an appropriate manner. Name-calling and other forms of denigration are not allowed.

It is possible for people to disagree without launching into personal insults and attacks. Anything else just makes everyone angry and miserable, so let's not go there.

We're in the middle of a GS. It's very busy, which is great. But that also means we're averaging 400-500 posts per day. We try to read everything, and catch inappropriate messages, but we're not perfect.

If you see something which you think is inappropriate, and it was posted 12-24 hours ago, that does not automatically mean we, the admins and mods, endorse the content. It simply means we didn't catch it. Again, we're not perfect.

This is why we have the alert system. If you spot something questionable, submit an alert. That way, we will be certain to see it, and take appropriate action.

Thank you for being a part of Tennis Frontier, and enjoy the tennis!
05-Sep-2013 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
my sherona Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 103
RE: Disagreement/inappropriate posts
i see.. i was on a bus . i read posts now and then read some post ..im like i''l reply to them when i got home .. but whoa i can't find it.. ???? deleted? wtf
08-Sep-2013 10:13 PM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,897
No moderator or admin would delete your post without sending you a pm about it. If you can't find a post, go to your private messages and make sure you weren't alerted about it.
08-Sep-2013 10:16 PM
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Also, it may have been merged into another thread, but not deleted. Or the thread may have been moved to another forum.

It's wise to do a search for your posts, and make sure you can't find them before assuming they were deleted.
(This post was last modified: 09-Sep-2013 11:10 AM by tented.)
09-Sep-2013 03:19 AM
my sherona Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 103
not my post..someone else. thanks !
09-Sep-2013 09:24 AM
Kiu Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 370
Inappropriate posts will be immediately deleted.

Everyone should know that.
09-Sep-2013 10:26 AM
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

(09-Sep-2013 09:24 AM)my sherona Wrote:  not my post..someone else. thanks !

OK, if they weren't yours then you don't need to double-check for a PM (a wise suggestion by kskate2 if they had been), but it's still possible that the missing posts were merged into another thread, or the thread itself was moved. If you remember who the user was, do a search for their posts and see if you can find the missing ones that way.
09-Sep-2013 11:45 AM
Kiu Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Please folks, lets keep it civil.
We have AO 2014 coming up. we will have more readers than usual.
Lets make it interesting.

I thank all of you in advance.
10-Jan-2014 11:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kiu's post:
Riotbeard (09-01-2014)
MashaFan Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 7
(05-Sep-2013 02:40 PM)tented Wrote:  I'm posting this in response to a few posts I've seen which claim not all opinions are welcome here, plus some posts which have had name-calling and personal attacks ...

All opinions are welcome on these boards, as long as they're expressed in an appropriate manner. Name-calling and other forms of denigration are not allowed.

It is possible for people to disagree without launching into personal insults and attacks. Anything else just makes everyone angry and miserable, so let's not go there.

We're in the middle of a GS. It's very busy, which is great. But that also means we're averaging 400-500 posts per day. We try to read everything, and catch inappropriate messages, but we're not perfect.

If you see something which you think is inappropriate, and it was posted 12-24 hours ago, that does not automatically mean we, the admins and mods, endorse the content. It simply means we didn't catch it. Again, we're not perfect.

This is why we have the alert system. If you spot something questionable, submit an alert. That way, we will be certain to see it, and take appropriate action.

Thank you for being a part of Tennis Frontier, and enjoy the tennis!

Personally I rather except silly attacks on a user of this forum then on the WTA player - I really don't mind if someone calls me an idiot because I am a Masha fan - Go ahead - I know why I am a Masha fan and nothing someone can say about me can change my mind or even make me upset - At the other hand - We're all fans of one or another player - A n attack on or favorite we love is often much more insulting and hurting then an attack on our own person

I think all of you who manage this forum should have a discussion about why it should be OK for users of this site to be able to spew whatever crap - personal attacks - insinuations and lies about WTA players they don't like - Have you guys really a clear opinion about this? - Is that freedom of speech? - I think not!!! - That is spreading hate and in my opinion when supporters from one player are allowed to spread hate about another player on line - they might think that it is acceptable even in reality - Let us take example from the soccer world in Europe where there are regular rows and violence between supporters - All of you who manage Tennis Frontier one way or another have a responsibility

From my point of view - these WTA players deserve no crap from those who dislike certain players for one or another dark reason - If this is a true tennis loving site then let us respect and honor all the WTA players who with their very existence and magnificent skills make this sport so loved instead - no matter their ranking or their name

All WTA players should be honored and respected in all the comments at a true tennis site - It is not the users of the site which make a tennis forum meaningful but those who play the game professionally - Real tennis fans understand this and therefor respect even tennis players they don't like for one or another reason - They discuss the player's strengths and weaknesses in the sport - and do not spread insinuations - lies and completely ungrounded opinions about various player's personal life completely based on speculations - dislike - personal opinions and ignorance
(This post was last modified: 10-Jan-2014 08:00 PM by MashaFan.)
10-Jan-2014 07:56 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like MashaFan's post:
junren65 (02-11-2015), my sherona (06-09-2014)
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

These issues have been addressed before. Please review these posts of mine from last year, especially the sections which begin with the quotes outlined below:

- "It has never been, nor will it ever be, our policy that comments about the players are to be interpreted as personal insults to their fans ..."

- "If you don't like what someone has to say about Sharapova then don't read their posts. It's that simple. Put them on your ignore list. This isn't MariaSharapova.com. This isn't SerenaWilliams.com. We're not here to cater to only one fan base, nevertheless one or two individuals within a certain fan base. It is unrealistic for someone to expect pure love and admiration of their favorite on a 365/24/7 basis on a website designed to discuss all players ..."

If you have any other concerns, send me a PM.
11-Jan-2014 08:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes tented's post:
junren65 (02-11-2015)
Kiu Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Trolling is not a good thing, if you troll someone, don't get angry because you were attacked.

Please act civil, DO NOT call each other names.
04-Jun-2014 01:32 PM
Si Si Simona Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 55
(04-Jun-2014 01:32 PM)Kiu Wrote:  Trolling is not a good thing, if you troll someone, don't get angry because you were attacked.

Please act civil, DO NOT call each other names.

I hope you don't refer to me. That would be a real joke! He never stops abusing my player, much worse than trolling and you call me a troll? ridiculous.
P.S. He called my gay so I replied. Should I sit and smile? If I were I would have smiled, I am not.
He is allowed to continue picking on my player for months. I do NOT do that and I agree to never post about Maria ever again. Lets see him do that about Simona.

THAT WILL BE CIVIL. - CAN YOU DO THAT?...
(This post was last modified: 04-Jun-2014 01:45 PM by Si Si Simona.)
04-Jun-2014 01:41 PM
Kiu Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Si,
most people would call these posts trollish.

(04-Jun-2014 11:40 AM)Si Si Simona Wrote:  
(04-Jun-2014 11:20 AM)my sherona Wrote:  lucky girl this halep..
Lay Down Laughing Lay Down Laughing this looney is cracking me up
she said lucky! Puzzled Big Smile Big Smile damnLay Down Laughing

(04-Jun-2014 11:36 AM)Si Si Simona Wrote:  
(04-Jun-2014 10:30 AM)my sherona Wrote:  2-2 ?

oh sweetie, you were following our match. so nice of you! Basiate Celebrate
Lay Down Laughing

My Sherona got a warning for calling you names but I also read replies that were calling him names in return. Most have been deleted by the Administrator.

Lots of people make fun of players around here, we can't stop that but we have to stop posters calling other posters names.
(This post was last modified: 05-Jun-2014 01:59 PM by Kiu.)
04-Jun-2014 01:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kiu's post:
GameSetAndMath (09-01-2014)
Si Si Simona Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 55
(04-Jun-2014 01:49 PM)Kiu Wrote:  My Sherona got a warning for calling you names but I also read replies that were calling him names in return. Most have been deleted by the Administrator.

Lots of people make fun of players around here, we can't stop that but we have to stop posters calling other posters names.

Really, so you know nothing about his TROLLING FOR MONTHS. That's ok by you?... Are you him btw?! Do you think we are all stupid?...

Byeeeee, and you have not beaten me, and.. you have no clue in Tennis as you can see for yourself in REAL life.
The way you twist reality..... unbelievable. I am out. Its just another virtual bubble for deluded people.
(This post was last modified: 05-Jun-2014 01:58 PM by Kiu.)
04-Jun-2014 01:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si Si Simona's post:
my sherona (06-04-2014)
Rose Offline
Masters Titleist

Likes Given: 163
All of this makes me very sad. As a person who favorites are usually not liked it doesn't personally bother me. But I hate it when other people are having trouble with each other. We need to keep all the posters we have on this Forum.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
― Vince Lombardi
04-Jun-2014 02:56 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rose's post:
Kiu (06-05-2014), Riotbeard (09-01-2014)
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 3,414
(04-Jun-2014 02:56 PM)Rose Wrote:  All of this makes me very sad. As a person who favorites are usually not liked it doesn't personally bother me. But I hate it when other people are having trouble with each other. We need to keep all the posters we have on this Forum.

Don't be sad. Genial banter is a good thing. Obstreperous abuse of posters is another, and it has no place here. As much as we want to grow our community, we don't need to add weeds, just for the sake of numbers. Our conversation here has a good vibe, and we'd like to keep it that way. I would think you and the rest of our members would agree. I love some of the new voices we have, and we adapt to them, as long as they also adapt to us. The more the merrier, but as long as we're all singing in harmony, nest pas?
04-Jun-2014 08:09 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Moxie629's post:
1972Murat (06-05-2014), Bounce It !! (08-27-2014), britbox (06-04-2014), golds girl (09-01-2014), hoergren (06-04-2014), Kiu (06-04-2014), kskate2 (06-05-2014), Riotbeard (09-01-2014), tented (06-05-2014)
Rose Offline
Masters Titleist

Moxie you and I never seem to be quite on the same wave length. Although maybe it is just our wording that makes us seem further apart? (I can't believe it two Rafa fans that don't communicate well with each other!). What is wrong with me being sad that people can't get along with each other? Not just on this Forum, but in real life also. I think you picked up too much on my comment about keeping posters than you did on the real reason the situation makes me sad!

But still we do need posters. Have you ever tried to have a Forum without them?

― Vince Lombardi
05-Jun-2014 12:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rose's post:
Kiu (06-05-2014)
rubydo Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 202
Ladies and Gentlemen we are all not perfect(except me!!). We all have differing opinions. However, let's respect each other, we all want to contribute to the betterment of this site. Tennis coverage for me is a passion, but it is a secondary role to my main job of selling advertising for our paper. I think this site has fine administrators, not an easy task, so when you want to chide someone, put yourself in their shoes. I understand where Rose is coming from, but we are all unique individuals with lots to contribute. Enjoy the site, and again be respectful, I certainly do that when I interview some of the biggest tennis talents in the world. Without them we have nothing to discuss! Give your opinions, share your thoughts and do not go off the deep end. Case closed. Bon noir!Rolleyes
05-Jun-2014 09:45 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like rubydo's post:
Bounce It !! (08-27-2014), hoergren (06-06-2014), Kiu (06-06-2014), kskate2 (06-06-2014), Moxie629 (06-05-2014), Tenfan63 (08-28-2014), tented (06-05-2014)
Rose Offline
Masters Titleist

(05-Jun-2014 09:45 PM)rubydo Wrote:  Ladies and Gentlemen we are all not perfect(except me!!). We all have differing opinions. However, let's respect each other, we all want to contribute to the betterment of this site. Tennis coverage for me is a passion, but it is a secondary role to my main job of selling advertising for our paper. I think this site has fine administrators, not an easy task, so when you want to chide someone, put yourself in their shoes. I understand where Rose is coming from, but we are all unique individuals with lots to contribute. Enjoy the site, and again be respectful, I certainly do that when I interview some of the biggest tennis talents in the world. Without them we have nothing to discuss! Give your opinions, share your thoughts and do not go off the deep end. Case closed. Bon noir!Rolleyes

I would love to have your job, but my writing maybe therefore my posting is terrible!

― Vince Lombardi
06-Jun-2014 01:39 PM
federberg Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 1,033
personally I'm big enough (and ugly enough!) to look after myself. I tend more towards amusement when confronted by an angry poster directing venom towards me. I'm more than happy to go into the trenches if I have the time. I have observed though, that there are folks on these boards - who aren't administrators - who take it upon themselves to police other people. It would be great if ACTUAL administrators haul such people into line. I confess that's the one thing I occasionally find irritating. People trying to impose their own personal morality on others as a passive aggressive way to 'win' an argument. I see it time and time again, it's a bit pathetic. Just my 2 cents
01-Sep-2014 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)