BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

TT Calls It Quits
RJD11 Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 212
TT Calls It Quits
Taylor Townsend wonâ€t play the juniors tournament at the U.S. Open.

Taylor Townsend, the former No. 1 junior, has withdrawn from the U.S. Open junior tournament to concentrate on her professional career.

“She just said, ‘This is my career, I didnâ€t turn pro to play junior tournaments, and I donâ€t want to do this,â€â€ Shelia Townsend, Taylorâ€s mother, said in a telephone interview. “I said, OK. If your heart isnâ€t in it, then it doesnâ€t make sense to play because youâ€re not going to put forward your best effort.”

Townsend lost in the final of junior Wimbledon this year and was one of the favorites to win the Openâ€s junior event.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2013/09/01...ehind-her/
01-Sep-2013 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 919
RE: TT Calls It Quits
(01-Sep-2013 08:21 PM)RJD11 Wrote:  Taylor Townsend wonâ€t play the juniors tournament at the U.S. Open.

Taylor Townsend, the former No. 1 junior, has withdrawn from the U.S. Open junior tournament to concentrate on her professional career.

“She just said, ‘This is my career, I didnâ€t turn pro to play junior tournaments, and I donâ€t want to do this,â€â€ Shelia Townsend, Taylorâ€s mother, said in a telephone interview. “I said, OK. If your heart isnâ€t in it, then it doesnâ€t make sense to play because youâ€re not going to put forward your best effort.”

Townsend lost in the final of junior Wimbledon this year and was one of the favorites to win the Openâ€s junior event.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2013/09/01...ehind-her/

Why is it taking her so long to get herself fit?
02-Sep-2013 05:12 AM
JesuslookslikeBorg Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 337
she is still fat ??

she must like eating cake and pies too much.

knowing me alan partridge, knowing you tennis frontier..ah ha.
03-Sep-2013 09:48 AM
Sundaymorningguy Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 19
Lack of focus in that department. The one thing I can say the USTA doesn't do well with these up and comers men and women is drill home the importance of complete fitness. You can maybe play Junior Tennis fat, but playing professional tennis fat is ripe for causing continuous injuries and starting your career off wrong with not putting yourself in a position to at least try to win matches early and build your confidence.
11-Sep-2013 07:09 AM
RJD11 Offline
Major Winner

Taylor is too fat. She is unfit.

I remember a few years ago they said the

same thing about another player

But:

Wertheim

Fitness is overrated. I just spoke with Oracene Williams, Serena's reluctant coach. Unprompted, she admitted that Serena needed to improve her fitness. After this display in Melbourne, I say, "Why?" If she's in sub-optimal shape, it sure didn't show here. She never tired, even playing three-setters in heat. She got to every conceivable ball. She moved fine. And she sure didn't lack power. Maybe today's players need to spend less time running sprints and more time with a sports psychologist trying to channel Serena's will to win.
(This post was last modified: 29-Sep-2013 07:23 PM by RJD11.)
14-Sep-2013 02:26 PM
RJD11 Offline
Major Winner

Taylor talks about who influenced her, Body types

and Nike and Prince

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/34...r-townsend
26-Sep-2013 05:42 PM
JesuslookslikeBorg Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 337
taylor townsend seems an decent person..or as much as we can tell from an 'interview' anyway..

interesting about someone going on about different body types like serena n venus..the thing is serena was never 'fat' and townsend still seems a bit..erm..chubby. Huh still, early days.

she is 17yrs 6 months old..(b. april 1996)..anyone know if she can she play a full season in 2014 on the main wta tour or is she still age restricted cause she start next season still aged 17yrs.

knowing me alan partridge, knowing you tennis frontier..ah ha.
27-Sep-2013 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)