BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Vera Zvonareva
rubydo Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 202
Vera Zvonareva

.jpg  Vera in mexico.jpg (Size: 118.55 KB / Downloads: 2) After being silent for so many months, just seen that Vera is back training The former Number 2 looks good in a video she posted on Twitter. Has no definite time frame on when she will return to competitive tennis, but for fans of her and I know there are some on this site(Kiu) that is welcome news.
She completed her degree at the Diplomatic Academy in Moscow for International Affairs. Another reason she is a favourite of mine, brains off the court, to go along with a solid degree of talent on the court. Only question at her age 28 I think, will she be able to regain the form that did make her number 2 in the world. Probably not.
06-Aug-2013 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like rubydo's post:
britbox (08-07-2013), the AntiPusher (08-07-2013)
colleen66 Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 117
RE: Vera Zvonareva
(06-Aug-2013 10:39 PM)rubydo Wrote:  After being silent for so many months, just seen that Vera is back training The former Number 2 looks good in a video she posted on Twitter. Has no definite time frame on when she will return to competitive tennis, but for fans of her and I know there are some on this site(Kiu) that is welcome news.
She completed her degree at the Diplomatic Academy in Moscow for International Affairs. Another reason she is a favourite of mine, brains off the court, to go along with a solid degree of talent on the court. Only question at her age 28 I think, will she be able to regain the form that did make her number 2 in the world. Probably not.

Another question is he mental state. I am not trying to be funny, but Vera has had some serious meltdowns on the tennis court. Yes she has brains but does she have mental fortitude?
07-Aug-2013 09:23 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes colleen66's post:
the AntiPusher (08-07-2013)
RJD11 Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 212
(07-Aug-2013 09:23 AM)colleen66 Wrote:  
(06-Aug-2013 10:39 PM)rubydo Wrote:  After being silent for so many months, just seen that Vera is back training The former Number 2 looks good in a video she posted on Twitter. Has no definite time frame on when she will return to competitive tennis, but for fans of her and I know there are some on this site(Kiu) that is welcome news.

Another question is he mental state. I am not trying to be funny, but Vera has had some serious meltdowns on the tennis court. Yes she has brains but does she have mental fortitude?

Can't wait to see Bepa again, quirks and all
07-Aug-2013 09:28 AM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,899
This is good news. Saw Kleybanova last night, Petko came back earlier this year. It will be good to see Miss Drama Z again at whatever level she can play.
07-Aug-2013 09:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kskate2's post:
tented (08-07-2013)
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
(07-Aug-2013 09:23 AM)colleen66 Wrote:  Another question is he mental state. I am not trying to be funny, but Vera has had some serious meltdowns on the tennis court. Yes she has brains but does she have mental fortitude?

I know you're not being facetious. She really does have a long history of meltdowns. She didn't get the nickname Miss Drama Z for nothing.

I'm hoping she'll return both physically and mentally refreshed. Maybe this will have been just what she needed to improve her mental game.
07-Aug-2013 12:42 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like tented's post:
kskate2 (08-07-2013), the AntiPusher (08-07-2013)
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 920
(07-Aug-2013 09:23 AM)colleen66 Wrote:  

I was thinking the same thing.. Well she finally mature or will she continue to be Miss Drama Z
07-Aug-2013 07:12 PM
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

(07-Aug-2013 12:42 PM)tented Wrote:  
(07-Aug-2013 09:23 AM)colleen66 Wrote:  Another question is he mental state. I am not trying to be funny, but Vera has had some serious meltdowns on the tennis court. Yes she has brains but does she have mental fortitude?

I know you're not being facetious. She really does have a long history of meltdowns. She didn't get the nickname Miss Drama Z for nothing.

I'm hoping she'll return both physically and mentally refreshed. Maybe this will have been just what she needed to improve her mental game.

Yeah.. I think I was the one who named her Miss Drama ZBlush
07-Aug-2013 07:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes the AntiPusher's post:
tented (08-09-2013)
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

(07-Aug-2013 07:14 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  

Yeah, I think it was you from the tennis.com board. But it fits like a glove doesn't it?
07-Aug-2013 07:26 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kskate2's post:
tented (08-09-2013), the AntiPusher (08-07-2013)
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

(07-Aug-2013 07:26 PM)kskate2 Wrote:  

Yeah, I think it was you from the tennis.com board. But it fits like a glove doesn't it?

Yes it does.. I hope that she can make it back because she is an excellent ball striker.. maybe a baby Hingis but not as mentally stable.. is that a fair analysisAngel
07-Aug-2013 07:34 PM
Kiu Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 370
This is awesome news Ruby.
I can't wait to see her come back.
07-Aug-2013 08:54 PM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

(07-Aug-2013 07:34 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(07-Aug-2013 07:26 PM)kskate2 Wrote:  

Yes it does.. I hope that she can make it back because she is an excellent ball striker.. maybe a baby Hingis but not as mentally stable.. is that a fair analysisAngel

Extremely fair. She's always had the clean strokes, doubles play and for the most part she had the fitness until a few years ago (all of which are indicative of a Hingis game). It's always been her mental strength that's held her back.
09-Aug-2013 08:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)