BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Movie soundtracks
Kirijax Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 896
RE: Movie soundtracks
If I had to chose one, it would be the main theme song to Cast Away. This music was playing when Tom Hanks finally escaped from the island and he was floating out to sea. It got real quiet and this started playing. The way he looked back at the island was so spot on. And when he finally returned home, nothing turned out the way he had hoped and he had to build a new life. This music played again at the end of the movie, where he is staring down long roads going in all four directions, trying to decide where to go next. Such a fantastic moment; bittersweet and hopeful all at the same time. I cannot accurately describe my feelings when I hear this. I have even asked my wife to play this at my funeral someday. lol Either this or Tubthumping by Chumbawamba.

[Image: imageedit_5_7890556726a_zpsigv0fbdw.jpg] Mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map!
24-Jul-2015 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Broken_Shoelace Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 915
(24-Jul-2015 01:59 AM)federberg Wrote:  
(24-Jul-2015 01:38 AM)Broken_Shoelace Wrote:  Once Upon a Time in the West, Gladiator, The Lord of the Rings, the Lion King, The Godfather. Those would be my personal favorites.

I'm struggling to recall the music from Gladiator (one of my favourite movies), was it noteworthy?

Hans Zimmer's best work IMO.
25-Jul-2015 04:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broken_Shoelace's post:
federberg (07-25-2015)
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

Likes Given: 1,735
I liked the music throughout Cinema Paradiso and to A Little Romance. I also thought some of the music in The Deer Hunter was very compelling and unforgettable. Then there is that saw being played at the beginning and end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest--always liked that strange bitty there.

Virgil Cane is the name ...
29-Jul-2015 03:46 PM
Obsi Offline
Pro

Likes Given: 3

24-Feb-2016 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)