BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Brian Baker Update
Riotbeard Offline

Likes Given: 5,516
Brian Baker Update
Can't wait till this guy comes back. He is my favorite American to watch now that it seems inevitable that Mardy will retire.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ten...y/2092943/
(This post was last modified: 24-Apr-2013 07:56 PM by Riotbeard.)
24-Apr-2013 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kieran Offline
Running around the backhand...

Likes Given: 6,966
RE: Brain Baker Update
Sorry, Riotbeard, but the title of this thread made me think not of a tennis player, but a serial killer.... Cool
24-Apr-2013 11:53 AM
Denisovich Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 1,325
Pity for him all his points are on the line in like a 8 week window between RG and Wimbledon. Wish him well, liked the run last year.
24-Apr-2013 11:55 AM
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 919
(24-Apr-2013 11:50 AM)Riotbeard Wrote:  Can't wait till this guy comes back. He is my favorite American to watch now that it seems inevitable that Mardy will retire.

"He is my favorite American to watch now"

Not mine, my favorite American to watch is Beyonce(Did you see her on the cover of GQ January 2013), Lord Have MercyHeart

Seriously..BB does have a nice game.. I have to admit, Big John Isner is starting to grow on me a bit but Fish by far has the best game to watch.
(This post was last modified: 24-Apr-2013 01:22 PM by the AntiPusher.)
24-Apr-2013 01:22 PM
johnsteinbeck Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 338
love the guy. really hope he can put together another run. Smile thanks for the link, and yes, the title of the thread is awesome Wink
24-Apr-2013 02:15 PM
Riotbeard Offline

(24-Apr-2013 01:22 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(24-Apr-2013 11:50 AM)Riotbeard Wrote:  Can't wait till this guy comes back. He is my favorite American to watch now that it seems inevitable that Mardy will retire.

Not mine, my favorite American to watch is Beyonce(Did you see her on the cover of GQ January 2013), Lord Have MercyHeart

Seriously..BB does have a nice game.. I have to admit, Big John Isner is starting to grow on me a bit but Fish by far has the best game to watch.

Isner can either be one of my favorite or least players to watch. It is also frustrating though as a fan of American tennis to have such an unstable and inconsistent "best player." Even when Roddick was around, I preferred Fish's game even though I liked Roddick's commitment to game much more. When Mardy is playing well, he is one of my favorites to watch from any country.
24-Apr-2013 04:22 PM
Riotbeard Offline

RE: Brian Baker Update
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ten...y/2128855/

New info, but not much yet.
03-May-2013 09:03 PM
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(24-Apr-2013 04:22 PM)Riotbeard Wrote:  
(24-Apr-2013 01:22 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  

Isner can either be one of my favorite or least players to watch. It is also frustrating though as a fan of American tennis to have such an unstable and inconsistent "best player." Even when Roddick was around, I preferred Fish's game even though I liked Roddick's commitment to game much more. When Mardy is playing well, he is one of my favorites to watch from any country.

Speaking of Roddick's commitment to the game, is it just me but something tells me that after a full year to heal his body, I would assume that he would make a comback.. I would think that if he is watching the resurgent of Haas and if he can trek his fh and court positioning..aah forget AP.. it aint happening that dude is toast
04-May-2013 06:30 AM
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
(04-May-2013 06:30 AM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(24-Apr-2013 04:22 PM)Riotbeard Wrote:  Isner can either be one of my favorite or least players to watch. It is also frustrating though as a fan of American tennis to have such an unstable and inconsistent "best player." Even when Roddick was around, I preferred Fish's game even though I liked Roddick's commitment to game much more. When Mardy is playing well, he is one of my favorites to watch from any country.

Speaking of Roddick's commitment to the game, is it just me but something tells me that after a full year to heal his body, I would assume that he would make a comback.. I would think that if he is watching the resurgent of Haas and if he can trek his fh and court positioning..aah forget AP.. it aint happening that dude is toast

I've been thinking about him, too, wondering the same thing: will he come back, or did he really retire? Well, if he were to come back, it certainly wouldn't be in the middle of the European clay season. Maybe he'll start showing up after Wimbledon, when the North American hard-court swing begins.
04-May-2013 08:46 AM
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(04-May-2013 08:46 AM)tented Wrote:  
(04-May-2013 06:30 AM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(24-Apr-2013 04:22 PM)Riotbeard Wrote:  Isner can either be one of my favorite or least players to watch. It is also frustrating though as a fan of American tennis to have such an unstable and inconsistent "best player." Even when Roddick was around, I preferred Fish's game even though I liked Roddick's commitment to game much more. When Mardy is playing well, he is one of my favorites to watch from any country.

I've been thinking about him, too, wondering the same thing: will he come back, or did he really retire? Well, if he were to come back, it certainly wouldn't be in the middle of the European clay season. Maybe he'll start showing up after Wimbledon, when the North American hard-court swing begins.
Interesting thought
04-May-2013 10:02 AM
Riotbeard Offline

RE: Brian Baker Update
I guess I was wrong. Mardy has no intention of retiring. His return is set for Queen's club this year.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/05/f...ire/47316/
04-May-2013 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)