BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Two Spoilers: Federer falls victim to Brands -- and his back
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
Two Spoilers: Federer falls victim to Brands -- and his back
Johnsteinbeck has translated an article published today from the Swiss newspaper Neue Zurcher Zeitung concerning Federer's loss to Brands:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/moxi...om-nzz-ch/

Thanks, JS! Smile
25-Jul-2013 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kieran Offline
Running around the backhand...

Likes Given: 6,969
RE: Two Spoilers: Federer falls victim to Brands -- and his back
Thanks for that, John and Tented! Interesting read. I hope he doesn't have to skip Montreal: it would make this clay sojourn a very risky proposition indeed...
25-Jul-2013 04:00 PM
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

Likes Given: 2,925
Vielen Dank, John. Great job. Worrying times for Roger. I sincerely hope things improve soon as it's not going to get any easier as time moves on for him. The fact that opponents now smell blood makes it even harder for him. They no longer fear or see any aura of supremacy as it hasn't been there for quite some time. Rather they see a former champion clearly far from his best and there for the taking. It's a tough sight to see and must be heartbreaking for Roger and Mirka too. You can bet things are a bit edgy in the Federer household whenever she has to console him on another tough loss. 3 players now ranked between 55 and 116 (No. 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky, at Wimbledon, No. 114 (Federico Delbonis, at Hamburg, Germany) and now Brands at Gstaad ranked 55.
25-Jul-2013 04:04 PM
El Dude Online

Likes Given: 619
Peter Bodo talks about Federer's "mis-timed boners."

Ha ha. I'm guessing that "boner" doesn't mean the same thing in Austria as it does in the US.
25-Jul-2013 04:34 PM
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
(25-Jul-2013 04:34 PM)El Dude Wrote:  Peter Bodo talks about Federer's "mis-timed boners."

Ha ha. I'm guessing that "boner" doesn't mean the same thing in Austria as it does in the US.

"Boner" doesn't mean the same thing in the US as Bodo thinks it means in the US.
25-Jul-2013 04:39 PM
El Dude Online

Right, that's what I said.
25-Jul-2013 04:43 PM
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 920
(25-Jul-2013 04:04 PM)Front242 Wrote:  Vielen Dank, John. Great job. Worrying times for Roger. I sincerely hope things improve soon as it's not going to get any easier as time moves on for him. The fact that opponents now smell blood makes it even harder for him. They no longer fear or see any aura of supremacy as it hasn't been there for quite some time. Rather they see a former champion clearly far from his best and there for the taking. It's a tough sight to see and must be heartbreaking for Roger and Mirka too. You can bet things are a bit edgy in the Federer household whenever she has to console him on another tough loss. 3 players now ranked between 55 and 116 (No. 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky, at Wimbledon, No. 114 (Federico Delbonis, at Hamburg, Germany) and now Brands at Gstaad ranked 55.

heartbreaking for Roger and Mirka too.

Forget Fed and his lady.. DarthFed is gonna take this harder than both of them.. there is plenty of time for Roger to rest and regroup before Cincy and the Open
25-Jul-2013 05:06 PM
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

(25-Jul-2013 04:34 PM)El Dude Wrote:  Peter Bodo talks about Federer's "mis-timed boners."

Lay Down Laughing

God it's killing me! Dooooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnng ! Big Smile
(This post was last modified: 25-Jul-2013 05:33 PM by Front242.)
25-Jul-2013 05:33 PM
johnsteinbeck Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 338

haha... well, it doesn't mean anything in the german language, but english speaking Austrians should know the meaning.

btw, regarding Bodo - i also had read he was from Austria, but his parents were Hungarian. Austria was just a temporary, post WWII station for them. so i reckon he probably doesn't identify as Austrian (actually, like a lot of immigrants, he seems über-patriotic for the US anyway. i don't know another writer who's nearly as preoccupied with US player as Pete is.
25-Jul-2013 05:58 PM
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

(25-Jul-2013 05:58 PM)johnsteinbeck Wrote:  

haha... well, it doesn't mean anything in the german language, but english speaking Austrians should know the meaning.

btw, regarding Bodo - i also had read he was from Austria, but his parents were Hungarian. Austria was just a temporary, post WWII station for them. so i reckon he probably doesn't identify as Austrian (actually, like a lot of immigrants, he seems über-patriotic for the US anyway. i don't know another writer who's nearly as preoccupied with US player as Pete is.

I guess it's something along the lines of "Hallo, Ich heise Roger und dieses ist mein super wurst!"
25-Jul-2013 06:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Front242's post:
johnsteinbeck (07-26-2013)
djmm Offline
Experienced Lady

Likes Given: 61
(25-Jul-2013 05:33 PM)Front242 Wrote:  

Lay Down Laughing

God it's killing me! Dooooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnng ! Big Smile

Angel

LOL!!

[Image: duchessdjsupersigs-309_zpsad21820f.jpg]
26-Jul-2013 08:52 AM
El Dude Online

The thread should be re-titled, "Federer falls victim to Brands - and mis-timed boners; Mirka grieves."
26-Jul-2013 09:06 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like El Dude's post:
Front242 (07-26-2013), johnsteinbeck (07-29-2013), tented (07-26-2013)
johnsteinbeck Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 338
some "update" (thanks to Grosse for 'sharing')

not a whole lot of news in there. anti-inflammatories and specific training, getting back to 100% a higher priority than Montreal. what i did love though, was this piece of brutal honesty on the new racquet:

"A change like this is very important but I honestly can't tell right now due to my low level. It's hard to analyze anything,” he said. "I still don't have even enough information to try and explain. I have no clue where I am right now with the racquet change."
29-Jul-2013 08:45 AM
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 3,414
Wow...that is brutally honest.
29-Jul-2013 08:52 AM
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

(29-Jul-2013 08:45 AM)johnsteinbeck Wrote:  some "update" (thanks to Grosse for 'sharing')

not a whole lot of news in there. anti-inflammatories and specific training, getting back to 100% a higher priority than Montreal. what i did love though, was this piece of brutal honesty on the new racquet:

"A change like this is very important but I honestly can't tell right now due to my low level. It's hard to analyze anything,” he said. "I still don't have even enough information to try and explain. I have no clue where I am right now with the racquet change."

Yup. Was very impressed by the honesty there too. Basically telling the other players, look I'm aware I'm playing crap and I'm there for the taking.
29-Jul-2013 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)