BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Nicolas Mahut's Excellent Adventure
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 3,414
Nicolas Mahut's Excellent Adventure
I translated a piece on Mahut's recent win in Newport, which you can read here.

I know it was last Sunday, but it's worth noting that he's just won his first 2 titles at 31. He jumps 50 places in the rankings and doesn't have to qualify for the USO. He's having a good summer.
19-Jul-2013 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moxie629's post:
johnsteinbeck (07-20-2013)
fashionista Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 2,276
RE: Nicolas Mahut's Excellent Adventure
I remember after losing the doubles final to the Bryan Bros at Roland Garos,Mahut was soo upset
I am delighted he won both the singles and doubles titles at Newport.I wish him well during the up coming HC season.
19-Jul-2013 07:25 PM
I. Haychew Offline
Masters Titleist

Likes Given: 134
He should enter every ATP grass tournament there is (something like six?, even though a couple of them overlap), 'cause he pretty well blows on the other surfaces, doesn't he?
19-Jul-2013 08:32 PM
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(19-Jul-2013 08:32 PM)I. Haychew Wrote:  He should enter every ATP grass tournament there is (something like six?, even though a couple of them overlap), 'cause he pretty well blows on the other surfaces, doesn't he?

Oh, don't be rude! Wink And, just to make a point, clearly you didn't read, because Mahut was in the doubles final at RG this year. (Which I'm sure you remember is NOT played on grass.) Heart

Anyway, I'm happy for him. The main point is that he gets his ranking up so he doesn't have to qualify for the USO. That's an excellent job from #240.
19-Jul-2013 08:44 PM
I. Haychew Offline
Masters Titleist

(19-Jul-2013 08:44 PM)Moxie629 Wrote:  
(19-Jul-2013 08:32 PM)I. Haychew Wrote:  He should enter every ATP grass tournament there is (something like six?, even though a couple of them overlap), 'cause he pretty well blows on the other surfaces, doesn't he?

Oh, don't be rude! Wink And, just to make a point, clearly you didn't read, because Mahut was in the doubles final at RG this year. (Which I'm sure you remember is NOT played on grass.) Heart

Anyway, I'm happy for him. The main point is that he gets his ranking up so he doesn't have to qualify for the USO. That's an excellent job from #240.

You're right... I was being a jerk. I actually like watching Mahut on grass when he's playing well, even if I don't care about doubles. Good for him, and sorry for being a jerk. I wish I had 1/4 of the ability as him and all the other players on tour!
19-Jul-2013 08:50 PM
Clay Death Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 62
he is amazingly fit for his age.

mahut is pure class. there is nothing to dislike about him or his game.

he does the best he can and he does a great job of it.

[Image: forum%20sig-800_zps8nhvcahj.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-Jul-2013 09:00 PM by Clay Death.)
19-Jul-2013 08:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clay Death's post:
tented (07-20-2013)
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(19-Jul-2013 08:50 PM)I. Haychew Wrote:  

You're right... I was being a jerk. I actually like watching Mahut on grass when he's playing well, even if I don't care about doubles. Good for him, and sorry for being a jerk. I wish I had 1/4 of the ability as him and all the other players on tour!

"Jerk" is being too hard on yourself. Smile Let's just say 'insensitive' to the feel-good story that is Nico Mahut this summer! Clearly, he's a hard-working tennis player. (Let's not forget the Isner marathon at Wimbledon in 2011 that probably cost him nearly half a year.) It's nice to see him come up with some hardware, is all I'm saying.
19-Jul-2013 09:03 PM
I. Haychew Offline
Masters Titleist

(19-Jul-2013 09:03 PM)Moxie629 Wrote:  
(19-Jul-2013 08:50 PM)I. Haychew Wrote:  

"Jerk" is being too hard on yourself. Smile Let's just say 'insensitive' to the feel-good story that is Nico Mahut this summer! Clearly, he's a hard-working tennis player. (Let's not forget the Isner marathon at Wimbledon in 2011 that probably cost him nearly half a year.) It's nice to see him come up with some hardware, is all I'm saying.

Agreed!!! Big Smile
19-Jul-2013 09:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes I. Haychew's post:
Moxie629 (07-19-2013)
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
(19-Jul-2013 08:58 PM)Clay Death Wrote:  he is amazingly fit for his age.

mahut is pure class. there is nothing to dislike about him or his game.

he does the best he can and he does a great job of it.

I agree. This is the feel-good story of the summer, and I'm delighted for him. He certainly earned these wins. His comeback in the Newport final was especially impressive. Hewitt should have won that match a few times, but Mahut was tough.

Also, thanks for the translation, Moxie! Between your giving us something about Mahut, and El Dude writing about Robredo, it's nice to be reminded that tennis goes beyond the Big Four.
20-Jul-2013 05:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes tented's post:
Moxie629 (07-20-2013)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)