BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Monte Carlo Rolex Masters CC 2017
GameSetAndMath Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 2,411
RE: Monte Carlo Rolex Masters CC 2017
It is so disrespectful to say that Soderling won that match because of some injury to Rafa. People should realize that Soderling is no Darcis or Stakhovsky. He did not lose in the next match after causing such a huge upset. If you are not good, typically the player may win a huge match but will lose right away. Not only that Soderling did not lose the next match, he went all the way to the finals.

Further, as a way of showing that what happened in 2009 was not a fluke, he reached the finals again in 2010. Come on folks, give some credit to Soderling.

When he gets time to line up his shots on clay, he can hit a huge ball. The way to deal with Soderling is to take time away from him, which Rafa is not good at doing.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain
Yesterday 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes GameSetAndMath's post:
El Dude (04-25-2017)
El Dude Offline

Likes Given: 729
Actually, watching the highlights reminded me a bit of Stan Wawrinka in Stanimal mode.
Yesterday 06:22 PM
Carol35 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 742
(Yesterday 06:11 PM)GameSetAndMath Wrote:  It is so disrespectful to say that Soderling won that match because of some injury to Rafa. People should realize that Soderling is no Darcis or Stakhovsky. He did not lose in the next match after causing such a huge upset. If you are not good, typically the player may win a huge match but will lose right away. Not only that Soderling did not lose the next match, he went all the way to the finals.

Further, as a way of showing that what happened in 2009 was not a fluke, he reached the finals again in 2010. Come on folks, give some credit to Soderling.

When he gets time to line up his shots on clay, he can hit a huge ball. The way to deal with Soderling is to take time away from him, which Rafa is not good at doing.

Nobody says that Soderling wasn't good, he was but not great. But the big difference was that in 2010 Nadal's knees were in much better conditions than 2009 (still not too good because in 2012 he had to stop to play for 7 months to take a more serious care with that injury ) and he did beat Soderling 6-4 6-2 6-4 in the RG final
Yesterday 07:41 PM
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 3,197
(Yesterday 06:11 PM)GameSetAndMath Wrote:  It is so disrespectful to say that Soderling won that match because of some injury to Rafa. People should realize that Soderling is no Darcis or Stakhovsky. He did not lose in the next match after causing such a huge upset. If you are not good, typically the player may win a huge match but will lose right away. Not only that Soderling did not lose the next match, he went all the way to the finals.

I still have tape of Soderling backing up that win by making the YEC and was 1 of 3 players who defeated Rafa in their RR matches! Besides the so called injury, a big deal was made about the breakup of his parents! No No Cover Rolleyes

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 07:56 PM by Fiero425.)
Yesterday 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 1,146
(Yesterday 07:55 PM)Fiero425 Wrote:  

I still have tape of Soderling backing up that win by making the YEC and was 1 of 3 players who defeated Rafa in their RR matches! Besides the so called injury, a big deal was made about the breakup of his parents! No No Cover Rolleyes

Rafa had beaten the brakes off the Swede since just as he did prior to that match. Rafa has beaten the Swede at RG 2010 and 2011. So maybe there's a lot of validity in team Nadal's insistence that the Spaniard was injured while playing that match. Btw..why is it of relevance in 2017. What does the 2009 RG encounter with that player who has since been put out to pasture has to do with Rafa and the Monte Carlo championship of 2017.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 08:41 PM by the AntiPusher.)
Yesterday 08:13 PM
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

(Yesterday 08:13 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:55 PM)Fiero425 Wrote:  

Rafa had beaten the brakes off the Swede since just as he did prior to that match. Rafa has beaten the Swede at RG 2010 and 2011. So maybe there's a lot of validity in team Nadal's insistence that the Spaniard was injured. Btw, why is it of relevance in 2017? What does the 2009 RG encounter with that player who has since been put out to pasture has to do with Rafa and the Monte Carlo championship of 2017?

No No OCO, it's obvious with Rafa owning the FO; for anyone to defeat him makes it a big deal! It's still a big deal after all these years because to this day, Rafa's only lost to 2 players on his home away from home; same for BORG who lost twice to Panatta, but took 6 overall titles! At Wimbledon it would have been Rosol, but other players followed up his improbable upset of Rafa at Wimbledon! With the ladies, a rivalry was imagined between Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova! The Russian won their initial meeting at Wimbledon where she was young and probably not taken seriously until it was too late! Serena lost the 1st set with just 1 game had! Soderling will live on just like Sharapova except Maria actually won something! Puzzled No No Angel - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fa...kovic.html - -

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 08:47 PM by Fiero425.)
Yesterday 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
El Dude Offline

Likes Given: 729
Carol, I'm honestly curious: Do you think Rafa has ever simply been out-played, at least in his prime years? Or is it always because of injury, family stuff, Mercury in retrograde, etc?
Yesterday 09:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes El Dude's post:
Frode789 (04-25-2017)
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

(Yesterday 09:07 PM)El Dude Wrote:  Carol, I'm honestly curious: Do you think Rafa has ever simply been out-played, at least in his prime years? Or is it always because of injury, family stuff, Mercury in retrograde, etc?

Angel Clap Snicker Lay Down Laughing Cover

Yesterday 09:11 PM
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

(Yesterday 09:11 PM)Fiero425 Wrote:  
(Yesterday 09:07 PM)El Dude Wrote:  Carol, I'm honestly curious: Do you think Rafa has ever simply been out-played, at least in his prime years? Or is it always because of injury, family stuff, Mercury in retrograde, etc?

This is just utter madness.. this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. All of this because Rafa finally won one damn tournament in a full calendar year. All of you are so damn petty.. I said it before is this tennis Frontier or Tennis Federer forever..Devil
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:21 PM by the AntiPusher.)
Yesterday 09:21 PM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,992
I cannot believe you guys are still talking about a match that occurred 8 years ago with a player who is retired now. Cover
Yesterday 09:21 PM
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

(Yesterday 09:21 PM)kskate2 Wrote:  I cannot believe you guys are still talking about a match that occurred 8 years ago with a player who is retired now. Cover

FINALLYClap
Yesterday 09:33 PM
Carol35 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Nope, like I said before (read my comment) he has been beaten when he has been healthy too but in RG 2009 he had issues and that's why he didn't play well and right after had to be more than three moths out of the courts. Do you like that I repeat it again? and you are the one who usually tell me that I never give any credit to Federer? wow! you are going too far
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:13 PM by Carol35.)
Yesterday 10:02 PM
Carol35 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

(Yesterday 09:21 PM)the AntiPusher Wrote:  
(Yesterday 09:11 PM)Fiero425 Wrote:  

This is just utter madness.. this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. All of this because Rafa finally won one damn tournament in a full calendar year. All of you are so damn petty.. I said it before is this tennis Frontier or Tennis Federer forever..Devil

Do you think that I care what they are saying? nothing changes around here and if Rafa would do a good clay season (hope he will) then it will become worse and worse :roll eyes:CoverNo NoLay Down Laughing oh but they are very fair....Snicker
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:13 PM by Carol35.)
Yesterday 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)