BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Will Federer ever compete at world tour finals ever again?
Fiero425 Online
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 3,210
RE: Will Federer ever compete at world tour finals ever again?
(03-Apr-2017 03:28 AM)Kieran Wrote:  I recall back in more innocent times, sepia-toned days - 2013, in fact! - when mere stripling of 26 years old eased himself back into the fray by scaling the leisurely clay inclines of Guatemala and Tibet, it was suggested quite strongly that his subsequent run of brilliance was down to something shady and nefarious. A 26 year old, no less - not even a 27 year old, or indeed, a 30 year old.

I first called Federer The Deathless One in 2014, because his results then were "noteworthy" and his endurance and energy levels were incredible for a 33 year old. Now, three years further down the road, rather than his return displaying signs of rust, age, fatigue, etc. He's playing like a player 10 years younger. His recovery times are non-existent and I'm thinking that as a nickname, The Deathless One (and its colleague, The Octogenarian) might be considered compliments. I think I'll need a more exact upgrade on these, as nicknames go. Dorian Grey comes to mind, though this is unimaginative. Leave it with me, I been busy lately, I'll get back to you.

As for the point in question, of course Federer with play the WhatTheFeck. He qualified after Oz, no? But he'll not only play it this year: he'll play it the next five, or 10 years, as long as his rejuvenated conditioning holds. He's taking time off now for a recharge before Paris. The mind boggles, somewhat. He'll be like an aged 100m sprinter smashing world records soon. Popcorn

I already blogged it had to be a deal with the Devil.... - - - - - - Angel Rolleyes Snicker - - - - Nole Blog - - - -

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
(This post was last modified: 03-Apr-2017 03:35 AM by Fiero425.)
03-Apr-2017 03:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fiero425's post:
Kieran (04-03-2017)
Kieran Offline
Running around the backhand...

Likes Given: 7,142
I read down through the blog, but I couldn't find the reference. I'm starting to notice many articles wondering about Federer's rejuvenation. So far, they're playful about it - Is he bionic, etc. It's certainly something that deserves very close scrutiny. My old buddy Front described it as FUBAR. I had to be explained what that means. I thought he garbled his lips talking about a food bar... Snicker

Approved
03-Apr-2017 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fiero425 Online
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 3,210
(03-Apr-2017 03:46 AM)Kieran Wrote:  I read down through the blog, but I couldn't find the reference. I'm starting to notice many articles wondering about Federer's rejuvenation. So far, they're playful about it - Is he bionic, etc. It's certainly something that deserves very close scrutiny. My old buddy Front described it as FUBAR. I had to be explained what that means. I thought he garbled his lips talking about a food bar... Snicker

J/k, but I'm sure I've posted it here and elsewhere! I know how people were musing about Nadal all these years with such a physical game; surprised the rumor-mongering hasn't started with Gramps! Angel Rolleyes Snicker

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
03-Apr-2017 03:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
mrzz Online
Major Winner

Likes Given: 107
(03-Apr-2017 03:53 AM)Fiero425 Wrote:  J/k, but I'm sure I've posted it here and elsewhere! I know how people were musing about Nadal all these years with such a physical game; surprised the rumor-mongering hasn't started with Gramps! Angel Rolleyes Snicker

...and you guys are trying really hard!
(This post was last modified: 03-Apr-2017 06:40 AM by mrzz.)
03-Apr-2017 06:40 AM
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

Likes Given: 3,090
(03-Apr-2017 03:46 AM)Kieran Wrote:  I read down through the blog, but I couldn't find the reference. I'm starting to notice many articles wondering about Federer's rejuvenation. So far, they're playful about it - Is he bionic, etc. It's certainly something that deserves very close scrutiny. My old buddy Front described it as FUBAR. I had to be explained what that means. I thought he garbled his lips talking about a food bar... Snicker

No need for any scrutiny as all that has improved is his backhand and that's down to him going for his shots a lot more instead of chipping or slicing and also, he's only recently got truly used to the bigger racquet head. He should have changed it around 2010 imo.
03-Apr-2017 07:58 AM
shivashish Offline
Masters Titleist

Likes Given: 107
People should accept the reality, Oh God! The reality is Roger improved his backhand and confidence. Was a genius player no doubt. He just got his act together and ransacked the first quarter of the year. He was intelligent enough to be able to do what he has done. He had good coaches on the team. Get with it. It's also because Novak and Murray aren't at their best lest things should have been more difficult. Nothing curious about his hiatus, really.

03-Apr-2017 08:40 AM
mightyjeditribble Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 36
Stop the spurious innuendo please. It's against board policy, inappropriate, and frankly just tiring.

That some idiots may have done the same wrt Nadal in the past is not justification for doing it yourselves.

What is it about the Federer-Nadal rivalry that brings this out? It just takes the fun out of being on a message board and tbh life's too short to have to read this kind of sh*t. If it continues, I'll just give the board a miss in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
03-Apr-2017 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)