BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Poll: Where does LeBron Stand?
This poll is closed.
1 0% 0 0%
2 0% 0 0%
3 0% 0 0%
4 50.00% 1 50.00%
5 0% 0 0%
6 0% 0 0%
somewhere in 7-10 50.00% 1 50.00%
outside top 10 0% 0 0%
Total 2 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Where would you place LeBron James among all time greats and why?
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 3,101
RE: Where would you place LeBron James among all time greats and why?
(27-Nov-2016 12:28 PM)vjmtz Wrote:  LeBron is overhyped and overrated.

...and a huge crybaby! Cry Cry Cry Going after Charles Barkley for pointing out all the help James has, but whining for more tells you all you need to know! James doesn't want to compete; expects championships to be handed to him I guess! Cleveland has the largest payroll with Gilbert being penalized an additional $50+ M in "luxury taxes" just makes LeBron look like a punk! No No Cover Rolleyes

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
31-Jan-2017 02:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 845
He's a crybaby for sure but he's far from overrated, that's just hater talk. Best player since MJ and it isn't close.
02-Feb-2017 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 1,097
(02-Feb-2017 09:12 PM)DarthFed Wrote:  He's a crybaby for sure but he's far from overrated, that's just hater talk. Best player since MJ and it isn't close.

not so fast..I would put Kobe's numbers right now at the same age to LBJ..

LBJ is a phenomenal player but he isn't the ultimate basketball player..he is not an assassin like MJ or Kobe. LBJ does makes everyone on his team better just like Magic but he needs assistance to win the big game(Dwade, Kyrie and "Jesus Shutters-worth" aka Ray Allen to hit the big shot). LBJ is overrated as a closer and he is just a big whiny bitch unlike MJ or Kobe..

I call em like it is, not a LBJ hater but not a fan of his game. I wasn't a fan of Shaq either.
28-Feb-2017 10:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes the AntiPusher's post:
Fiero425 (02-28-2017)
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 845
AP I know you're a Lakers fan and loved Kobe but it isn't even close between them. Lebron leaves Cleveland after 09 and they become the worst team in the league for a few years, he then leaves Miami after 4 straight finals and they didn't even make the playoffs without him, he then takes Cleveland to back-to-back finals and clowns the 73 win Warriors last year. And Cleveland would be a lottery team without him, just check their record when he sits, it isn't pretty. Kobe's only edge was outside shooting, he was always going to be the one taking the final shot and I agree he had a killer mentality much like MJ which is of course admirable.

LeBron is not always going to take the last shot because it's not his style, he can kill teams with his passing and he trusts his teammates, also an admirable trait. But the killer mentality and all around competitiveness does not decide who is greater and there isn't any legit argument for Kobe>LBJ unless you are solely counting rings and we all know Kobe was a sidekick for the first 3.
16-Mar-2017 10:50 AM
the AntiPusher Online
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 1,097
(16-Mar-2017 10:50 AM)DarthFed Wrote:  AP I know you're a Lakers fan and loved Kobe but it isn't even close between them. Lebron leaves Cleveland after 09 and they become the worst team in the league for a few years, he then leaves Miami after 4 straight finals and they didn't even make the playoffs without him, he then takes Cleveland to back-to-back finals and clowns the 73 win Warriors last year. And Cleveland would be a lottery team without him, just check their record when he sits, it isn't pretty. Kobe's only edge was outside shooting, he was always going to be the one taking the final shot and I agree he had a killer mentality much like MJ which is of course admirable.

LeBron is not always going to take the last shot because it's not his style, he can kill teams with his passing and he trusts his teammates, also an admirable trait. But the killer mentality and all around competitiveness does not decide who is greater and there isn't any legit argument for Kobe>LBJ unless you are solely counting rings and we all know Kobe was a sidekick for the first 3.

DarthFed, It's true I am a Kobe fan but I was like most previously a MJ fan. There isn't anything or shot that couldn't be duplicated that MJ could do that Kobe could not replicate. The difference is Jordan will to not to loose to a lessen opponents was supreme. MJ probably wasn't as selfish with the ball as Kobe but it was a little bit different because of the non hand check rule that gave Kobe so much autonomy during his time on the basketball court.

LBJ is a different type of player, he is more than two inches and 20 plus pounds heavier than both of them. In the front court ,
LBJ is more powerful but in the backcourt MJ and Kobe is more deadly. Yes Kobe had Shaq but LBJ had a in his prime Dwade also. If it's a shot that someone needs to take with my families future, I would have Kobe or MJ.. I know you prefer the Bull in the China shop, LBJ which i understand.
26-Mar-2017 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)