BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

How big is Sharapova?
Mastoor Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 10
How big is Sharapova?
She has only 59 kilos officially, but I don't think it is possible. She seems bigger than No1e who has around 80 kilos:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5...=1&theater
19-Jun-2013 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,899
RE: How big is Sharapova?
It's kind of an illusion Mastoor. She has longer legs and broader shoulders and gives the appearance of being larger.
19-Jun-2013 08:14 AM
britbox Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 984
Shoulders of a swimmer, but very lean.
19-Jun-2013 08:19 AM
Mastoor Offline
Seasoned Pro

Yes, but No1e is all legs too. I think she somehow grows up when pictured beside No1e because of the feelings she's got for him.
19-Jun-2013 11:20 PM
ozza Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 0
The WTA weights are all bs. Pretty sure they take them when they first come on tour and then never again. There is so many obvious discrepancies if you go through them.
20-Jun-2013 04:05 AM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,899
(19-Jun-2013 11:20 PM)Mastoor Wrote:  Yes, but No1e is all legs too. I think she somehow grows up when pictured beside No1e because of the feelings she's got for him.

What feelings? Didn't they squash that awhile ago? Besides, he's not just legs. His torso is longer.
20-Jun-2013 08:05 AM
tossip Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 248
pova is very tall with a swimmer s shoulders,flat behind and no boobs..
20-Jun-2013 05:52 PM
Mastoor Offline
Seasoned Pro

(20-Jun-2013 08:05 AM)kskate2 Wrote:  
(19-Jun-2013 11:20 PM)Mastoor Wrote:  Yes, but No1e is all legs too. I think she somehow grows up when pictured beside No1e because of the feelings she's got for him.

What feelings? Didn't they squash that awhile ago? Besides, he's not just legs. His torso is longer.

She seems to still have those feelings for him.

Here is No1e performing strip tease to show his torso, followed by Sharapova's temporary bf doing the same, you'll like it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/...^headlines
(This post was last modified: 20-Jun-2013 07:31 PM by Mastoor.)
20-Jun-2013 07:26 PM
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 3,414
Do we really have to do this? What does it matter what Sharapova weighs? Or if she has big or small breasts? Height in tennis has some advantage, (as to angles, esp. on serve.) The more sleight players may have a disadvantage, when it comes to weight-of-shot, but not always. (Look at Henin.) A big booty (Serena, Nadal,) gives power to the legs. But who cares what they weigh? That's just a way of making women self-conscious, given the society that we live in. The only thing that matters is how it translates to tennis results, in terms of their body-types.
20-Jun-2013 07:35 PM
Mastoor Offline
Seasoned Pro

Of course we don't have to do this like we don't have to do anything else. Besides, it is not the first time that someone points out that a female tennis player possibly cheats about her reported weight. I think it was largely about Serena in the past. But shouldn't this be interesting for you being obviously a feminist?
20-Jun-2013 07:47 PM
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(20-Jun-2013 07:47 PM)Mastoor Wrote:  Of course we don't have to do this like we don't have to do anything else. Besides, it is not the first time that someone points out that a female tennis player possibly cheats about her reported weight. I think it was largely about Serena in the past. But shouldn't this be interesting for you being obviously a feminist?

I believe I expressed my opinion, in my last. Why does it matter what a player lists her/his weight as? It's not a "cheat." We can see them in person, or on TV. We can see what they look like. It doesn't affect their tennis, however they are listed by height and weight. I'm not sure what you mean about Serena, because I think she lists a reasonable weight for her height and muscle-mass. (5'9, 155 lbs.) It seems to chap you that I might be a "feminist," which I have no problem with, but I don't think it takes a feminist to say that discussing the weight of women tennis players is irrelevant, at least to the point you are making. Discuss Sharapova's serve, or her H2H with Serena, but who cares what she weighs?
20-Jun-2013 08:15 PM
tossip Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 248
pova is tall as Karlovic...
21-Jun-2013 02:52 PM
Mastoor Offline
Seasoned Pro

(20-Jun-2013 08:15 PM)Moxie629 Wrote:  
(20-Jun-2013 07:47 PM)Mastoor Wrote:  Of course we don't have to do this like we don't have to do anything else. Besides, it is not the first time that someone points out that a female tennis player possibly cheats about her reported weight. I think it was largely about Serena in the past. But shouldn't this be interesting for you being obviously a feminist?

I believe I expressed my opinion, in my last. Why does it matter what a player lists her/his weight as? It's not a "cheat." We can see them in person, or on TV. We can see what they look like. It doesn't affect their tennis, however they are listed by height and weight. I'm not sure what you mean about Serena, because I think she lists a reasonable weight for her height and muscle-mass. (5'9, 155 lbs.) It seems to chap you that I might be a "feminist," which I have no problem with, but I don't think it takes a feminist to say that discussing the weight of women tennis players is irrelevant, at least to the point you are making. Discuss Sharapova's serve, or her H2H with Serena, but who cares what she weighs?

If size was irrelevant like you suggest wada wouldn't test samples on growth hormones and steroids. Both substances are for mussels growth therefore size.

Secondl I think it is ridiculous that Sharapova has only 59 kilos, on her height she would look like coming out from Auschwitz.

Thirdly, in past we repeatedly discussed far and wide some totally irrelevant topics like medical condition of 12 times slam winner so I don't see anything more wrong with this one other than Novak being mentioned in very first post.
23-Jun-2013 04:56 AM
Moxie629 Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(23-Jun-2013 04:56 AM)Mastoor Wrote:  

If size was irrelevant like you suggest wada wouldn't test samples on growth hormones and steroids. Both substances are for mussels growth therefore size.

Secondl I think it is ridiculous that Sharapova has only 59 kilos, on her height she would look like coming out from Auschwitz.

Thirdly, in past we repeatedly discussed far and wide some totally irrelevant topics like medical condition of 12 times slam winner so I don't see anything more wrong with this one other than Novak being mentioned in very first post.

Mastoor, that is an exceedingly tasteless comparison. Rather taking a bazooka to a pillow fight, I'd say.

As to the rest, I don't know why you're complaining about the OP since you made it. What are you even going on about? WADA? Nadal? "Guess-her-weight?" What is your actual point?
23-Jun-2013 11:26 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moxie629's post:
MashaFan (06-25-2013)
Front242 Offline
Dyslexia For Cure Found

Likes Given: 2,925
There's zero chance Sharapova is only 59kg at that height. Zero. A bit silly that they've taken weight from players 10 years ago but in any case I just laugh when I see the stats on tv and online.
23-Jun-2013 01:23 PM
MashaFan Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 7
No offense Mastoor but your thread seems like a really dumb one to me - as well as your "cheat" and your "hormones" reasoning

Firstly: We dunno how far back Masha's official listed WTA weight goes in time but a good guess would be that it has it's origin from the year that she became a professional tennis player in 2001 when she was only 14 years old - From that point of view 59 kg isn't that strange - The WTA just doesn't bother to update either a player's image nor their stats regularly if at all

Secondly: In what way is Masha listed weight relevant in any way? - As far as I can see - non at all - So what if she weighs 65 or 70 kg today? - In what way is that cheating? - You must have confused tennis with boxing but FYI weight is a non factor in tennis - So one can really wonder about the purpose of your thread? - So far you haven't been able to give a good explanation about it Smile

Thirdly: Why this unhealthy obsession about especially Masha? - Does it bother you that she's tall - maybe taller than you and you needed to find something to make her look smaller?
(This post was last modified: 25-Jun-2013 06:50 AM by MashaFan.)
25-Jun-2013 06:48 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like MashaFan's post:
johnsteinbeck (06-25-2013), tented (06-25-2013)
ricardo Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 3

A lot of us do care, and why do you need to decide for us what matters or not? so what if we think her boob is a topic?

anyway it's human nature for men to take interest in women's sizes, if you don't mind.
(This post was last modified: 25-Jun-2013 07:54 AM by johnsteinbeck.)
25-Jun-2013 07:44 AM
MashaFan Offline
Seasoned Pro

Likes Given: 7
(25-Jun-2013 07:44 AM)ricardo Wrote:  A lot of us do care, and why do you need to decide for us what matters or not? so what if we think her boob is a topic?

anyway it's human nature for men to take interest in women's sizes, if you don't mind.
FYI - this is a tennis site - so if you wanna discuss women's specifics - you should try to find another site where boobs and weight and whatnot are regular topics
And who are you to decide what opinion we can have - Are you saying that freedom of speech only concerns your - um - special interests? - And "a lot of us"? - like who?
25-Jun-2013 09:00 AM
johnsteinbeck Offline
Major Winner

Likes Given: 338
since this seems to be such a very relevant topic...
(20-Jun-2013 04:05 AM)ozza Wrote:  The WTA weights are all bs. Pretty sure they take them when they first come on tour and then never again. There is so many obvious discrepancies if you go through them.
i think this isn't limited to the WTA. a lot of the ATP weights are off by a mile as well. Nalbandian's listed as 179 lbs; no clue if the fluctuations of weight in Tsonga, Nole, Rafa or (if you want extremes) Mardy Fish were accurately reflected over time. there's also players who seem to make themselves taller.

since as people said, this is of no relevance to the sport as such (unlike sports where you got weight classes, or height-related gear restrictions), this is simply trivia stuff, which is why neither the WTA nor the ATP nor the players put a whole lot of effort into keeping this stuff accurate and up-to-date, i'm sure.
25-Jun-2013 09:16 AM
ricardo Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 3
(25-Jun-2013 09:00 AM)MashaFan Wrote:  
(25-Jun-2013 07:44 AM)ricardo Wrote:  A lot of us do care, and why do you need to decide for us what matters or not? so what if we think her boob is a topic?

FYI - this is a tennis site - so if you wanna discuss women's specifics - you should try to find another site where boobs and weight and whatnot are regular topics
And who are you to decide what opinion we can have - Are you saying that freedom of speech only concerns your - um - special interests? - And "a lot of us"? - like who?

firstly, we are not allowed to discuss women's specifics? says you? Mastoor has opened a thread for it, apparently it's within the rules so perhaps you are clueless to lay out the criticism here. And no, you mushafan don't tell me which site to discuss whatever, since when do i need advise from someone very very clueless? Big Smile

Besides have i decided what opinion you can/cannot have? where did i say that? if you can't find it, don't be so quick to mouth off.

Anyway, there is no way Masha is under 65kg imo - her grunt alone would weigh more than that Big Smile btw i am not going to talk about her boobs actually, OP 'how big......?' gets a little irrelevant regarding that Lay Down Laughing
25-Jun-2013 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)