BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell
GameSetAndMath Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 2,366
RE: Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell
No, I am not going to get into an extensive or even non-extensive argument with BS over specifics. But, the point here is that whenever it suits their convenience, people do not require a "proof" and are willing to pass a judgment. On the other hand, when some one else resorts to passing judgment without a "proof", they gang up and try to silence others.

The question is what are the standards of proof here and who sets them?

Is not this forum against libelous allegations? Then why are people allowed to allege against Tom Brady that he intentionally destroyed his cell phones to obstruct justice. Where is the proof? It is at best a suspicion, right. Rolleyes

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain
31-Jul-2015 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Broken_Shoelace Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 915
(31-Jul-2015 11:02 AM)GameSetAndMath Wrote:  No, I am not going to get into an extensive or even non-extensive argument with BS over specifics. But, the point here is that whenever it suits their convenience, people do not require a "proof" and are willing to pass a judgment. On the other hand, when some one else resorts to passing judgment without a "proof", they gang up and try to silence others.

Is not this forum against libelous allegations? Then why are people allowed to allege against Tom Brady that he intentionally destroyed his cell phones to obstruct justice. Where is the proof? It is at best a suspicion, right. Rolleyes

Which is why I said "I believe Brady is guilty." This is fair game to claim when there are indications that he might be. Notice I didn't call for his head. In fact, IN THIS VERY THREAD I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE (as in hard evidence) THAT BRADY IS GUILTY!
(This post was last modified: 31-Jul-2015 01:36 PM by kskate2.)
31-Jul-2015 11:09 AM
GameSetAndMath Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 2,366
(31-Jul-2015 11:09 AM)Broken_Shoelace Wrote:  
(31-Jul-2015 11:02 AM)GameSetAndMath Wrote:  No, I am not going to get into an extensive or even non-extensive argument with BS over specifics. But, the point here is that whenever it suits their convenience, people do not require a "proof" and are willing to pass a judgment. On the other hand, when some one else resorts to passing judgment without a "proof", they gang up and try to silence others.

Which is why I said "I believe Brady is guilty." This is fair game to claim when there are indications that he might be. Notice I didn't call for his head. In fact, IN THIS VERY THREAD I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE (as in hard evidence) THAT BRADY IS GUILTY!

Other folks think there are "indications" about various issues and therefore say certain things and therefore that should be a fair game too.

Just because you think an analogy is improper, does not make an analogy improper.

The analogy here is that if you have a right to say something based on "indications", then others have a right to say other things based on "indications" as well. That should be a fair game too.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain
(This post was last modified: 31-Jul-2015 01:37 PM by kskate2.)
31-Jul-2015 11:25 AM
Broken_Shoelace Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 915
Except one indication (in this case, Brady destroying his cell phone) is much more incriminating than whatever indications for someone else.

Again, it's not in your best interest to engage in specifics since they don't back your case. I again challenge you to make a thread where you expose these mysterious double standards you're referring to.

So yeah, this is still absurd. I don't think the analogy is improper, I know it's improper because it's factually not nearly the same, by any person's standards.
(This post was last modified: 31-Jul-2015 01:39 PM by kskate2.)
31-Jul-2015 12:08 PM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,964
(31-Jul-2015 10:38 AM)Fiero425 Wrote:  ^^I thought this thread belonged to me! I guess I have no rights! Oh well! Rolleyes Cover Puzzled No No Angel Dodgy
I tried Fiero. But some people are just stuck on their theory no matter how wrong it is. Cover

No worries. I'm deleting anything else that doesn't pertain to your opening post. Smile
31-Jul-2015 01:41 PM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 845
Suspension overturned.
03-Sep-2015 02:13 PM
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 3,089
(03-Sep-2015 02:13 PM)DarthFed Wrote:  Suspension overturned.

Total BS! Goodell might as well resign! You can't keep losing these cases while spending millions and getting no satisfaction when it comes to penalties! What a goof! Cover Puzzled No No Angel Dodgy

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
03-Sep-2015 02:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

I still think the balls were underinflated and obviously Brady was behind it but the more you read about the Wells report and the investigation the more doubt that is created. Goodell's problem is he thinks he was elected Emperor of Rome and can literally do whatever the "F" he wants.
04-Sep-2015 06:13 AM
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

(04-Sep-2015 06:13 AM)DarthFed Wrote:  I still think the balls were underinflated and obviously Brady was behind it but the more you read about the Wells report and the investigation the more doubt that is created. Goodell's problem is he thinks he was elected Emperor of Rome and can literally do whatever the "F" he wants.

That was the power given to him by the CBA! He's been like Cesar with a thumbs up or thumbs down for years! I don't know how he can be taken seriously after these losses in court! The players shouldn't be given relief like this, but Brady obviously is above all others and can cheat to win with impunity! I won't be rooting for him and his dubious organization in New England! Cover Puzzled No No Angel Dodgy

"Kneel before your master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe
04-Sep-2015 10:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

With the NFL appealing it's still going to be a mess for awhile to come. I bet something gets released years down the road regarding the contents of the destroyed phone. Nothing is ever truly lost in this day and age.
04-Sep-2015 01:00 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthFed's post:
GameSetAndMath (09-11-2015)
Fiero425 Offline
Grand Slam Champion

The Patriots are becoming a sideline joke in other ways than winning! They don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes to gamesmanship! I woke to hear about Steelers having technical issues with their headsets in Foxboro! Shocking! The investigation will last longer due to their reputation as cheaters now! ;-)

11-Sep-2015 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)