BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

The funk and nothin' but the funk
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

Likes Given: 1,745
The funk and nothin' but the funk
Been funkin' to James Brown these last few days--got up on the good foot and in a cold sweat! So, I had to go for the big payback! Tell me some of your favorite maestros of funkadelic viberosity. Hit me! :PleasePleasePlease

Virgil Cane is the name ...
15-Feb-2015 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

RE: The funk and nothin' but the funk
So none of you think I am looney, "Get on the Good Foot", "Cold Sweat" and "The Payback" are famed James Brown funk/soul records. He used to say "hit me" at certain points in a tune to signal his horn players and the rest to start a groove.

15-Feb-2015 10:15 AM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,993
Faves are: JB's Monorail and Make it Funky. By the way, I've got all the JB hits because we skate to them here in the Chi (hence my username). Big Smile
15-Feb-2015 05:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kskate2's post:
shawnbm (02-15-2015)
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

well, kskate, it looks like it is you and me who got peace, love and sooooooooouuuulllllllllll. Smile

I was listening to a little LTD last night--Love Balled and, of course, Back in Love Again. Ma, those tunes take me back, with pre-MTV Jeffrey Osborne on the vocals!!!!

18-Mar-2015 11:46 AM
britbox Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 984
What's everyone favourite movie soundtracks? i.e. The songs within a movie.

Always enjoyed the "Lost Boys" tracks... a couple of gems in there (People are Strange, Echo and the Bunnymen) and the haunting "Cry Little Sister"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raI38f_xMZE

Cheesy, but I always loved the Top Gun soundtrack too - Danger Zone, Berlin etc...
19-Mar-2015 08:40 AM
kskate2 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1,993
(18-Mar-2015 11:46 AM)shawnbm Wrote:  well, kskate, it looks like it is you and me who got peace, love and sooooooooouuuulllllllllll. Smile

I was listening to a little LTD last night--Love Balled and, of course, Back in Love Again. Ma, those tunes take me back, with pre-MTV Jeffrey Osborne on the vocals!!!!

Some people just don't know Shawn. No No James was a legend ahead of his time. L.T.D., Cameo, EWF, Slave, One Way and the Commodores. Some of the best (boy) bands ever.
20-Mar-2015 07:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kskate2's post:
shawnbm (03-20-2015)
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

(19-Mar-2015 08:40 AM)britbox Wrote:  What's everyone favourite movie soundtracks? i.e. The songs within a movie.

Always enjoyed the "Lost Boys" tracks... a couple of gems in there (People are Strange, Echo and the Bunnymen) and the haunting "Cry Little Sister"

Cheesy, but I always loved the Top Gun soundtrack too - Danger Zone, Berlin etc...

I never saw that movie, but I heard it was good. I liked the soundtrack to The Big Chill when I was younger and I love the music (not really a soundtrack) to Cinema Paradiso. I also loved the first movie Diane Lane made with all that music from Vivaldi--A Little Romance (Lord Laurence Olivier was in it too).

20-Mar-2015 10:37 AM
britbox Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 984
(20-Mar-2015 10:37 AM)shawnbm Wrote:  
(19-Mar-2015 08:40 AM)britbox Wrote:  What's everyone favourite movie soundtracks? i.e. The songs within a movie.

I never saw that movie, but I heard it was good. I liked the soundtrack to The Big Chill when I was younger and I love the music (not really a soundtrack) to Cinema Paradiso. I also loved the first movie Diane Lane made with all that music from Vivaldi--A Little Romance (Lord Laurence Olivier was in it too).

shawnbm - Put Lost Boys on your To Do List with immediate effect.

22-Mar-2015 07:51 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes britbox's post:
kskate2 (03-23-2015)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)