BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

Likes Given: 1,738
2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
I only recently watched this and was so moved to hear the lovely voice of Linda Ronstadt--one of my favorites from my youth. I liked her singing rock, country, standards or simply talking--and I really liked her in shorts on rollerskates! EyepopSnicker

Then there was the induction of Cat Stevens n/k/a Yousef Mohammed by that old Jewish boy from Brooklyn, Art Garfunkel. Great stuff--and Cat played "Father and Son" as his first song!!!!!! Clap ('From the time I could talk, I was ordered to LISTEN, now ...")

KISS I never liked, so I just listened in and thought the four of them seemed like decent guys--fairly well grounded now (especially Ace--who had some substance abuse issues for years). I could not hear the music.

Now, Nirvana is another story. I did not like Michael Stipe's long introduction, but their music was pivotal and arresting--and it still is. They are the ultimate garage band in my opinion--one of the best rock bands North America ever produced. And getting all the ladies out to sing lead was a nice touch.

Virgil Cane is the name ...
06-Feb-2015 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like shawnbm's post:
jhar26 (07-14-2015), Kieran (02-06-2015)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)