BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Poll: Pick it!
This poll is closed.
New England Patriots 75.00% 3 75.00%
Seattle Seahawks 25.00% 1 25.00%
Total 4 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Super Bowl XLIX
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 845
RE: Super Bowl XLIX
They won't have more chances probably, they might not keep lynch.
01-Feb-2015 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kirijax Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 896
Just got out of class and I see the Dark Side has won. I guess 98% of America is disappointed tonight. But enough about that. The more important question is...How was Lenny Kravitz!?

[Image: imageedit_5_7890556726a_zpsigv0fbdw.jpg] Mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map!
01-Feb-2015 10:34 PM
shawnbm Offline
Up On Cripple Creek

Likes Given: 1,735
The catch by Kearse was insane! That was lucky, and it should have been enough for Seattle. I'm not so harsh on the call at the end--a lot of folks were looking for the run up the gut, but the surprise tactic did not work this time. Patriots seemed to be the better team all game long, so, this miami fan must begrudgingly admit the better team won. What an exciting game though! Wow!!!!

Virgil Cane is the name ...
01-Feb-2015 10:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes shawnbm's post:
nehmeth (02-01-2015)
Kirijax Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 896
Just saw the half time show. Horrible. If that wasn't the worst lip sync show ever, I'll retire my tennis rackets and take up figure skating. They lured me in with the promise of Katy Perry and he was up there for what? 30 seconds? Entertainment in America is dying...

[Image: imageedit_5_7890556726a_zpsigv0fbdw.jpg] Mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map!
01-Feb-2015 11:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kirijax's post:
nehmeth (02-02-2015)
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 25
I am speechless folks. Nothing to say really, other than that they should have put the game away at 24-14 against an inferior team.

As for the end - there is nothing to say.
01-Feb-2015 11:36 PM
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

(01-Feb-2015 09:19 PM)DarthFed Wrote:  Seattle has had a couple chances to maybe put this one on ice. Can't give Brady and Palpatine too many chances to get back in this...

Absolutely right, I was thinking the same thing at the time.
01-Feb-2015 11:38 PM
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

(01-Feb-2015 09:36 PM)DarthFed Wrote:  Zebras miss a blatant pass interference and it is Pats ball.

Yeah, apparently you are allowed to grab a receiver's ankle and drag him to the ground when the ball is in the air.

The late-hit call on Thomas was also questionable, to put it mildly.
01-Feb-2015 11:40 PM
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

(01-Feb-2015 10:59 PM)shawnbm Wrote:  The catch by Kearse was insane! That was lucky, and it should have been enough for Seattle. I'm not so harsh on the call at the end--a lot of folks were looking for the run up the gut, but the surprise tactic did not work this time. Patriots seemed to be the better team all game long, so, this miami fan must begrudgingly admit the better team won. What an exciting game though! Wow!!!!

If you were going to throw it, throwing it over the middle was the worst possible location to go given that New England's defensive strength is their secondary.
(This post was last modified: 01-Feb-2015 11:42 PM by calitennis127.)
01-Feb-2015 11:41 PM
britbox Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 984
Intense game. Crazy fourth quarter. I was rooting for the Pats I couldn't believe that fricken catch. I thought the game was lost.... anyone with a brain would have just sent Lynch to get it in the the end zone and win the championship. Couldn't believe the call and the subsequent interception.
01-Feb-2015 11:49 PM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Have to disagree Shawnbm, that playcall was inexcusable. There is absolutely no logical reason to throw a risky slant from the 1 yard line there. It is one of the dumbest plays in the history of sports given the stakes.

Seattle was a little unlucky with injuries, that was like their JV defense out there, definitely their worst game in a few years. But even still it came down to a ridiculous playcall and pure evil wins. Kind of ironic that some pretty awful coaching does Seattle in. They didn't learn too well from Green Bay...
(This post was last modified: 02-Feb-2015 12:09 AM by DarthFed.)
02-Feb-2015 12:07 AM
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 1,083
(02-Feb-2015 12:07 AM)DarthFed Wrote:  Have to disagree Shawnbm, that playcall was inexcusable. There is absolutely no logical reason to throw a risky slant from the 1 yard line there. It is one of the dumbest plays in the history of sports given the stakes.

Seattle was a little unlucky with injuries, that was like their JV defense out there, definitely their worst game in a few years. But even still it came down to a ridiculous playcall and pure evil wins. Kind of ironic that some pretty awful coaching does Seattle in. They didn't learn too well from Green Bay...

Think about it, of all the teams , of all the coaches, against the Empire and the Emperor, why would Pete Carroll make a call like that, Its very obvious, The Fix was In ..
02-Feb-2015 07:41 AM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

^ How does Seattle benefit from throwing the Super Bowl AP? All the players and coaches on the team are millionaires. Sometimes coaches do the dumbest damn things but I've seen it enough to not be too shocked by anything I see in the NFL. That said, the call last night was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in the NFL. Carroll and their OC are both taking "credit" for it but that's almost so bad that some heads have to roll. Obviously not Carroll's but I'd send the OC packing.

That's a big part of why the Pats are what they are...you never get the sense that their coaching would ever play a direct hand in their losses. Their coaching helps them win despite not having elite talent on that team. And powerhouses like Seattle and Green Bay were left thinking "WTF!!!" in their season ending losses.
02-Feb-2015 07:57 AM
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

(02-Feb-2015 07:57 AM)DarthFed Wrote:  ^ How does Seattle benefit from throwing the Super Bowl AP? All the players and coaches on the team are millionaires. Sometimes coaches do the dumbest damn things but I've seen it enough to not be too shocked by anything I see in the NFL. That said, the call last night was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in the NFL. Carroll and their OC are both taking "credit" for it but that's almost so bad that some heads have to roll. Obviously not Carroll's but I'd send the OC packing.

That's a big part of why the Pats are what they are...you never get the sense that their coaching would ever play a direct hand in their losses. Their coaching helps them win despite not having elite talent on that team. And powerhouses like Seattle and Green Bay were left thinking "WTF!!!" in their season ending losses.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1235130-...n-twitter/

I was saying during the game, Pete was the ultimate players' coach. However..That's was all on Pete Carroll not the OC. Pete is gonna loose that team.

As for the Fix.. I am not going to sit here and try to justify it. It is what it is.
02-Feb-2015 10:18 AM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

I think it's on both Carroll and the OC Darell Bevell. Bevell probably made the call and Carroll OK'd it...that'd be my guess. Carroll is trying to shoulder all the blame, trying to deflect it from Bevell and I must say it's pretty admirable (and I'm not one to admire Carroll).

People are too into conspiracy theories these days. If it was a fixed game it'd be the refs making a bunch of terrible calls in one team's favor. In yesterday's game I counted one very bad call each way, the running into the kicker by Seattle should've been a personal foul and then in the 4th the Pats got away with pass interference on a big play before their game winning drive. If it was rigged there'd have been a lot of bad calls going against Seattle. Ultimately the players and coaches decided this game.
(This post was last modified: 02-Feb-2015 10:43 AM by DarthFed.)
02-Feb-2015 10:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthFed's post:
nehmeth (02-02-2015)
the AntiPusher Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

The thing about "conspiracies" is there lies quite a bit of truth.. I will leave it at that.
02-Feb-2015 11:00 AM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

^ Some conspiracies are more likely to be real than others. This one isn't exactly "JFK"

Football players and coaches (who are often ex players) are not the brightest bulbs. They do some of the dumbest crap imaginable and that's what happened last night. In the NBA this would be like giving the ball to Luc Longley for the final shot on the perimeter instead of Jordan.
(This post was last modified: 02-Feb-2015 11:11 AM by DarthFed.)
02-Feb-2015 11:10 AM
I. Haychew Offline
Masters Titleist

Likes Given: 134
All Seattle had to do was stop New England on 3rd and 14 in the phourth quarter and the game was theirs. They couldn't do it and NE ended up scoring a TD. That series is what lost the game phor Seattle.

Praise Almighty God and the savior, Jesus Christ! Go Blue Jays, Seattle Seahawks, Portland Trailblazers, Indiana State Sycamores, Notre Dame Phighting Irish, Calgary Phlames! Ted Cruz 2016.
02-Feb-2015 12:03 PM
DarthFed Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

^ Like the Green Bay - Seattle game there were a bunch of things that all had to go wrong for the losing team to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. The Green Bay game was even more extreme but this Seattle one was quite the howler too. Kearse dropped a perfectly thrown ball late in the 3rd that would have put Seattle inside the NE 20. After that Seattle went too conservative the next couple possessions and then the last play takes the cake for worst of the year. Tough to swallow if you're a Hawks fan.
(This post was last modified: 02-Feb-2015 02:01 PM by DarthFed.)
02-Feb-2015 02:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthFed's post:
Fiero425 (08-06-2015)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)