BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Malcolm Gladwell: Football Is a Moral Abomination
tented Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 4,705
Malcolm Gladwell: Football Is a Moral Abomination

14-Nov-2014 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
I. Haychew Offline
Masters Titleist

Likes Given: 134
RE: Malcolm Gladwell: Football Is a Moral Abomination
Malcolm (never heard of the guy) has convinced me that phootball is inherently EVIL...and I shall never watch another game, which really sucks...Because today I was SO looking phorward to watching Mrs. Sippy St. vs. Brock O's brother Al A. and my Seahawks vs. the Chiefs tomorrow. Wonder what his (Malcom's) take is on the Washington R-words, hockey, and rugby. And what's with the boxing thing? Boxing has been replaced by MMA, which is MUCH more brutal than boxing.

Praise Almighty God and the savior, Jesus Christ! Go Blue Jays, Seattle Seahawks, Portland Trailblazers, Indiana State Sycamores, Notre Dame Phighting Irish, Calgary Phlames! Ted Cruz 2016.
(This post was last modified: 15-Nov-2014 05:05 AM by I. Haychew.)
15-Nov-2014 03:46 AM
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 25
I always find it funny when a leftist-minded person condemns football, which is a game dominated by African-Americans and a violent urban culture. On the one hand, leftists want to make Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin out to be innocent "boys" with no violent inclination, but when they see African-Americans in an athletic context, they are horrified at the aggression and call it a "moral abomination".
24-Jan-2015 09:25 AM
britbox Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 984
(24-Jan-2015 09:25 AM)calitennis127 Wrote:  I always find it funny when a leftist-minded person condemns football, which is a game dominated by African-Americans and a violent urban culture. On the one hand, leftists want to make Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin out to be innocent "boys" with no violent inclination, but when they see African-Americans in an athletic context, they are horrified at the aggression and call it a "moral abomination".

Same idiots condemn boxing.
24-Jan-2015 09:49 AM
calitennis127 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 25
(24-Jan-2015 09:49 AM)britbox Wrote:  
(24-Jan-2015 09:25 AM)calitennis127 Wrote:  I always find it funny when a leftist-minded person condemns football, which is a game dominated by African-Americans and a violent urban culture. On the one hand, leftists want to make Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin out to be innocent "boys" with no violent inclination, but when they see African-Americans in an athletic context, they are horrified at the aggression and call it a "moral abomination".

Same idiots condemn boxing.

Please don't insult a moderator.
24-Jan-2015 10:06 AM
GameSetAndMath Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 2,366
This Malcom Gladwell writes a lot of books which make interesting reading, but are not
truly supported by scientific facts. But an unsuspecting reader, might tend to take his
word as Gospel. Among scholars, most of his works are considered as appealing to
sensationalism.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain
24-Jan-2015 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)